Retiree Insurance

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I make $150K per year, spend about 5 hours per day with the wife and kids, have the entire weekend to spend more time with the wife and kids, have basically free medical, 7 weeks of vacation and anything I ever wanted in life. Nice cars, motorcycles, houses, etc. The wife and kids have everything they ever wanted, within reason. They are happy, but not spoiled.

I intend to live my life the way I want to now, and not skimp now just to retire at 55 and "enjoy" retirement. I have everything I want now, and will continue to have when retired. I am putting some money away for retirement, but am also buying what I want now.

I feel like I am retired right now. Granted, I am in feeders. Packages might be a different story.
You sure this isn’t quad decade guy

quad decade guy

I make $150K per year, spend about 5 hours per day with the wife and kids, have the entire weekend to spend more time with the wife and kids, have basically free medical, 7 weeks of vacation and anything I ever wanted in life. Nice cars, motorcycles, houses, etc. The wife and kids have everything they ever wanted, within reason. They are happy, but not spoiled.

I intend to live my life the way I want to now, and not skimp now just to retire at 55 and "enjoy" retirement. I have everything I want now, and will continue to have when retired. I am putting some money away for retirement, but am also buying what I want now.

I feel like I am retired right now. Granted, I am in feeders. Packages might be a different story.
Bravo!
Don't worry...you'll get a free pass on BC. No bullying, belittling or abuse. I get all that.

You do realize that you should have retired at 49.....a millionaire.

Now....for that airplane...

quad decade guy

The best advice I can give to anyone about retirement is… If you have any doubt at all about if you are ready to retire the answer is keep working. It doesn’t matter how many years you have been at UPS or even how young or old you are. If for any reason you have a second thought about retiring then you are not ready. As many here has heard before I retired with 39 yrs, 2 months and 1 week. For years I thought about retiring but I always had “something“ that just wasn’t ready. One day I woke up and told the wife “I’m done” From that moment I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I still can’t believe I will never have to do that job again. There is nothing about that job that I ever long to go back to. I waited to the point that my mind would never want to go back. I was totally done with everything about that job. It didn’t matter my age, years I had in, or money I could make. None of that mattered. For me that was how I knew 100% it was time to retire.
And yet you get a free pass. Whew 39 years. I wonder why that's ok? But 41 no.

No wild speculation how you spectacularly failed to plan and all that....

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
And yet you get a free pass. Whew 39 years. I wonder why that's ok? But 41 no.

No wild speculation how you spectacularly failed to plan and all that....

Don’t give a dang what people say to you about “your” retirement. Retire when you are fully ready and not a minute before. Everyone’s situation is different.

You are a peach

Might be bullying might not be
Screenshot_20220501-113929-117.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The best advice I can give to anyone about retirement is… If you have any doubt at all about if you are ready to retire the answer is keep working. It doesn’t matter how many years you have been at UPS or even how young or old you are. If for any reason you have a second thought about retiring then you are not ready. As many here has heard before I retired with 39 yrs, 2 months and 1 week. For years I thought about retiring but I always had “something“ that just wasn’t ready. One day I woke up and told the wife “I’m done” From that moment I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I still can’t believe I will never have to do that job again. There is nothing about that job that I ever long to go back to. I waited to the point that my mind would never want to go back. I was totally done with everything about that job. It didn’t matter my age, years I had in, or money I could make. None of that mattered. For me that was how I knew 100% it was time to retire.
I'm done, hit me a little different.
As I walked to each porch with a package, I had to keep telling myself over and over, "Don't kill anyone if they come to the door. Don't kill anyone if they come to the door."