Retirement, Elections, Investments your thoughts?

Shiftless

So you are retired.

Other than Your investments, which can gain and lose and are still fluid to various degrees and subject to growth and volatility.

Your annuity is a fixed income. Or at least stable to a certain degree.

Your monthly bills????

That being said!

Do you know or feel in the next four years you will be spending more monies or less monies based on the outcome of the 2020 election?

Asking for a friend. (I joke) Actually this was a topic of discussion with some buddies recently. A little skewed due to the fact most are business owners still and or retired. Not a representation across the board, it was just a sampling more of like minded people to be fair about the conversation.

Last edited:

Shiftless

GOOD ANSWER! Life is to be lived!

One of my buddies says he is all in! Don't know how wealthy he is for sure ( he's wealthy) but he Lives for the Day!
Unlike other well off buddies of mine, he says the time to go is NOW! Actually starting another business that he implemented his plan late April. Hasn't turned a dime yet, has 5 people on the payroll already. It will be at least another 2 to 4 months before its up and running.
This guy can sell Ice to an Eskimo. I have no doubt he will better than most!

Other buddies buying up and others selling off! Fun to watch!!

Everyone has their theory on what's coming for 2021 and beyond!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I had no plans to do anything differently regardless of how the election went, but we're not big spenders anyway.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I retired 10/30/2020 at the age of 57 After 39 yrs at UPS. My wife hasn’t worked since she was 27. I never lived for today I always lived for the future. The future I lived for is now here! I have been debt free since age 40. I don’t do Facebook or Instagram and I don’t live my life to impress others yet all my friends that are still working are impressed 🤔. My wife and I never had a fight over finances because we are very easily pleased. We enjoy the simple things I couldn’t do the past 39 yrs because of working at UPS like having dinner together at 6:00pm, going to the park and strolling around, going to the gym together, getting to see my nephew‘s boys playing softball, going to the shooting range, reading a book and ect. Nothing exciting yet totally fulfilling. We will probably be able to live on just the pension I get from UPS but if not I have money in 401k, IRA, UPS stock, Vanguard Stocks and bonds, real-estate, 6 figure bank account, gold, silver and social security coming down the road to pull from. I always lived on 60% or even less of the money I made at UPS and banked or invested the remainder for most of the years at work. Yes I could of had all the newest cars the biggest houses and the newest gadgets but at this time most of that would be gone and me and wife would still be working with no end in sight. My lifestyle is not for a lot of people but I’m so glad I lived for the future when I was young because the future came really quick. I’m still pinching myself when I realize I never have to go to work again and I’m only 57 and feel great! Retirement has only been a few weeks as of this date but it is an amazing feeling. My wife still wakes up and looks at me and says “Guess what? You don’t have to go to work today” 😃 Live for today and in 24 hrs it’s gone, live for the future and then you have a lifetime to live 👍🏼

Shiftless

Darmark7,

Congrats on your retirement! Sounds as tho you prepared and now are reaping the rewards of planning a well thought out retirement strategy early on in your life!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Darmark7,

Congrats on your retirement! Sounds as tho you prepared and now are reaping the rewards of planning a well thought out retirement strategy early on in your life!
Thank you Shiftless. Yes since I was a teenager I thought about the future. I remember when I was 19 yrs old having a talk with my (at that point future) mother in law. She said “you can’t take it with you” and my reply was “I’m not worried about taking it with me, I’m worried about it lasting while I’m here” Fast forward almost 40 yrs to now and I have never had money problems and am retired while she and my father in law always had money problems and is still working in their 70’s and hating it. Tomorrow will come for most of us... So what will that tomorrow look like is the question?