Retro checks

Feederquacker

The one thing I am struggling with is the fact that my local and the majority of the country passed their respective Riders or Supplements and yet, we are forced to sit and wait for Louisville and PA to figure out what they can get over and above what they were offered. Seems to me that their negotiating teams have done a terrible job to get to this point. These are issues that should have been hammered out a year ago.

I don't really give a rip about the retro check. I know its coming. What I'm pissed about is our medical and prescription coverage has improved and our deductibles were cut in half yet we are being held out of that because KY has a President that wants to play politics so he can run against Hoffa next election. That is dishonest and flat wrong.

Now before anyone here starts their crap about us not having a spine and agreeing to a substandard Supplement... friend-off. I know you haven't looked at my Supp, and you don't know me. There are things that can be improved yes. But, I, and the rest of my Local, can live with this version very easily. As for the issues that "plague" KY and PA... Getting pissed over having to pay a $100 a year deductible and things like that.... get over it. With the ACA now the law, I challenge anyone complaining to go ANYWHERE and find the coverage your getting with a $100 deductible. I'm not saying to feel like the Company is giving you a wonderful gift but for freak sake, let it go.

brown_trousers

The one thing I am struggling with is the fact that my local and the majority of the country passed their respective Riders or Supplements and yet, we are forced to sit and wait for Louisville and PA to figure out what they can get over and above what they were offered. Seems to me that their negotiating teams have done a terrible job to get to this point. These are issues that should have been hammered out a year ago.

I don't really give a rip about the retro check. I know its coming. What I'm pissed about is our medical and prescription coverage has improved and our deductibles were cut in half yet we are being held out of that because KY has a President that wants to play politics so he can run against Hoffa next election. That is dishonest and flat wrong.

Now before anyone here starts their crap about us not having a spine and agreeing to a substandard Supplement... friend-off. I know you haven't looked at my Supp, and you don't know me. There are things that can be improved yes. But, I, and the rest of my Local, can live with this version very easily. As for the issues that "plague" KY and PA... Getting pissed over having to pay a $100 a year deductible and things like that.... get over it. With the ACA now the law, I challenge anyone complaining to go ANYWHERE and find the coverage your getting with a $100 deductible. I'm not saying to feel like the Company is giving you a wonderful gift but for freak sake, let it go.

well it is my understanding that they are NOT negotiating for national issues that are covered in the NMA. But are still negotiating for local issues.

But i will have to agree with you about the national issues.. we ALL voted for those issues as a nation. It was a majority rules ballot, and the majority of teamsters voted yes

the ONLY thing they should be negotiating at this point are local/regional issues not covered by the NMA

Feederquacker

Like someone said, if the PTers would vote and stand up for themselves they could own this contract. Sounds like this is what they are doing at Worldport.
My guess is that the information flow (just like everywhere) is horrible. The PTs don't get the information needed for them to make an informed decision but I'm not sure that is the problem here. From what I've been told from our BA along with a couple of higher ups in the Local, along with what I've read here, there is next to no information being shared about the negotiations, offers, and counter offers. In fact, I think that calling it a negotiation may be laughable.

Tell you what.... anyone and everyone from Local 89... tell us what your Negotiating Team has countered with as an offer to the Company. IF there has even been a counter offer, I'm willing to bet that it was so far out of the realm of reality that you probably couldn't sensibly call it an offer.

Prove me wrong!!!

Feederquacker

well it is my understanding that they are NOT negotiating for national issues that are covered in the NMA. But are still negotiating for local issues.

But i will have to agree with you about the national issues.. we ALL voted for those issues as a nation. It was a majority rules ballot, and the majority of teamsters voted yes

the ONLY thing they should be negotiating at this point are local/regional issues not covered by the NMA
Not the point.... Like I said, the issues they have should have been addressed and handled by now. I mean, what the hell have they been doing? I get that the issues are local problems but my point remains the same. I don't like being used as a pawn for someone to flaunt and say the rest of us are going to strike because three Riders won't pass. Most if not all my Local Brothers and Sisters are getting tired of this as well. The sentiment is almost unanimous around this issue. That is to say that we did what we needed to do and why should we have to wait for the last 36 weeks (and longer I'm sure) for these Local problems to be cleaned up.

I explained about our insurance and how it got better but what is left out of this is the fact that we have some members that can greatly benefit from these improvements and I just don't think its fair to them (or any of us really) to have to wait for these guys to fix their problems.

brown_trousers

Not the point.... Like I said, the issues they have should have been addressed and handled by now. I mean, what the hell have they been doing? I get that the issues are local problems but my point remains the same. I don't like being used as a pawn for someone to flaunt and say the rest of us are going to strike because three Riders won't pass. Most if not all my Local Brothers and Sisters are getting tired of this as well. The sentiment is almost unanimous around this issue. That is to say that we did what we needed to do and why should we have to wait for the last 36 weeks (and longer I'm sure) for these Local problems to be cleaned up.

I explained about our insurance and how it got better but what is left out of this is the fact that we have some members that can greatly benefit from these improvements and I just don't think its fair to them (or any of us really) to have to wait for these guys to fix their problems.

I have a feeling that these last few locals are hiding behind the disguise that they are hashing out local issues, when in fact they are disgruntled at the NMA that we passed.

Either way, you are right, there is no excuse for them not figuring out their crap by now. I find it hard to believe their local riders are any worse than the rest of ours.

Its true that we ALL deserved more out of this last negotiations, but we held a fair vote, and passed a contract as ONE union. Their actions in holding our contracts hostage is only helping to create a more divided union rather than a united one

upschuck

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but you are coming off like, "I got mine, screw the rest", and that is not very becoming of you. I am losing money every time I fill a prescription, but it will be over when it is over, I will deal with it.

upschuck

I have a feeling that these last few locals are hiding behind the disguise that they are hashing out local issues, when in fact they are disgruntled at the NMA that we passed.

Either way, you are right, there is no excuse for them not figuring out their crap by now. I find it hard to believe their local riders are any worse than the rest of ours.

Its true that we ALL deserved more out of this last negotiations, but we held a fair vote, and passed a contract as ONE union. Their actions in holding our contracts hostage is only helping to create a more divided union rather than a united one
I wouldn't doubt that at all. UPS is just waiting it out, they have no reason to give up anything much at all now. Matter of fact, they took their signing bonus away. Cocky son of a guns.

Plus the $100 deductible doesn't even kick in until the final year of the contract.

PT Car Washer

UPS has no reason to negotiate with the locals. They won everything they wanted in the master. Sooner or later the IBT will impose a settlement on the locals. Just hope the Feds raise the min. wage so the new hires can pay their Union dues and buy gas to get to work.

Feederquacker

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but you are coming off like, "I got mine, screw the rest", and that is not very becoming of you. I am losing money every time I fill a prescription, but it will be over when it is over, I will deal with it.
Your kidding right? After all I've said and that is what you took away? I'm saying that this is and has always been preventable. Every one of these issues the hold out Locals have are things that should have been addressed a year ago. The point is I haven't got a damn thing and neither has anyone else. We are all left thinking that KY and PA have :censored2: negotiators or that the just don't want to ever agree to anything. Look, I've heard it said that Fred wants to push Hoffa to act against his Local so he can use it as a political tactic in the next election. I mean, Fred has been pushing that they may strike since June of last year. What about this seems normal to you? The last contract had not expired yet for pete sake.

One thing that keeps getting lost in all the rhetoric (including mine) is that our customers ARE watching. Fred may want to hurt Hoffa and UPS to try to get everything he wants but bottom line is that if we start loosing customers because of Fred talking about a strike, we all loose. Do you think Amazon won't look to FedEx if this keep going on for another several months? It took years to regain the trust of those customers we lost to the last strike. I was ok with it then but in todays economy, there is no way that is acceptable. I have not been here as long as some on this board but I have been here long enough to smell BS from both sides. In my just over 20 years with UPS, I have never seen negotiations break down so far as they are now. I have gone over the last proposal and there was nothing really objectionable about it to me. The whole thing stinks of politics.

RealPerson

AWWW you Poor guy,
You know why this happened???
Because the First National was voted DOWN.

Guess what, Mine are going UP!
I am one of the Part timers being thrown into Teamcare!

Feederquacker

AWWW you Poor guy,
You know why this happened???
Because the First National was voted DOWN.

Guess what, Mine are going UP!
I am one of the Part timers being thrown into Teamcare!
Now your acting like a tool. Let me guess... you're deductible is going from zero for the first four years to $100 on the fifth year. My heart bleeds for you. Grow up.

The Milkman

All we got in the new contract are more concessions.

Little by little there will be nothing left to negotiate in the future. By then it will be too late. And the Board in Atlanta someday will be patting themselves on their backs, giving high 5's along with voting themselves a fat raise and bonus, all off the backs of those on the front lines, who made the Company what it is today..In the future, try to have all friend/T drivers go out as close to an 8 hr dispatch and those working 4 years to get to top rate loaded like peak. Tighten the noose slowly but surely..causing disention amongst Union brothers and sisters, looking back when I started in 81, and now retired over 6 years.......I have seen history like many before me, and it has only gotten worse. Brown Cafe shows me that it will never end, The Corporate Greed, The Harrasment, Non recognition of doing a good job, no more customer loyalty like in the old days when on paper and 50 lb pkg limits. Let's see...start at UPS age 21, work 7-10 yrs p/t...get driving chance......4 yrs as of today to make top rate...now you are appox 35 yrs old....maybe 20 yrs to do a 401k now that you are finally making a decent wage...some may be younger or older but just an example of what I hear is the norm today. In 81, it took me 9 months to get to top rate, hired off the street friend/T....Unheard of today...why??? Concessions and more Concessions. Time bonus whittled away, Ups thrift plan gone, circle of honor gone, Turkeys gone, 25 and 30 yr drivers plaques left on center counters without so much a peep from a center manager for all their hard work over the years. Yrs ago, a nice spread for milestones...Nah...can't afford that. But lets Sponsor a UPS NHRA and Nascar Team...Lets spend millions on tv ads..I don't think the public sees enough UPS trucks daily to remind them of it's existense...Atlanta has no clue. Penny wise and dollar dumb, always has and always will be. Hang around long enough, you will get the "Big Picture" in due time

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
:bpotd::goodpost:
Little by little there will be nothing left to negotiate in the future. By then it will be too late. And the Board in Atlanta someday will be patting themselves on their backs, giving high 5's along with voting themselves a fat raise and bonus, all off the backs of those on the front lines, who made the Company what it is today..In the future, try to have all friend/T drivers go out as close to an 8 hr dispatch and those working 4 years to get to top rate loaded like peak. Tighten the noose slowly but surely..causing disention amongst Union brothers and sisters, looking back when I started in 81, and now retired over 6 years.......I have seen history like many before me, and it has only gotten worse. Brown Cafe shows me that it will never end, The Corporate Greed, The Harrasment, Non recognition of doing a good job, no more customer loyalty like in the old days when on paper and 50 lb pkg limits. Let's see...start at UPS age 21, work 7-10 yrs p/t...get driving chance......4 yrs as of today to make top rate...now you are appox 35 yrs old....maybe 20 yrs to do a 401k now that you are finally making a decent wage...some may be younger or older but just an example of what I hear is the norm today. In 81, it took me 9 months to get to top rate, hired off the street friend/T....Unheard of today...why??? Concessions and more Concessions. Time bonus whittled away, Ups thrift plan gone, circle of honor gone, Turkeys gone, 25 and 30 yr drivers plaques left on center counters without so much a peep from a center manager for all their hard work over the years. Yrs ago, a nice spread for milestones...Nah...can't afford that. But lets Sponsor a UPS NHRA and Nascar Team...Lets spend millions on tv ads..I don't think the public sees enough UPS trucks daily to remind them of it's existense...Atlanta has no clue. Penny wise and dollar dumb, always has and always will be. Hang around long enough, you will get the "Big Picture" in due time
Well said sir.

Ashell

Newest rumor I have heard is that everyone will get the same retro check, no matter how many hours you worked. Basically 20 hours a week for part time and 40 for full time * what ever the raise is. Doesn't matter if you worked 60 hours over peak, and it will all be paid as straight time.

This is BS! Just another give back, and for what? So I can be treated as a lesser person.