Retro checks

710 steward

BT

You are correct because we all know 5 BILLION in profits isn't enough. It just doesn't go as far as it used to. Am I laying it on thick enough?

UPSER110

So would the retro checks include a raise you would have got in progression? For example, I went full time after Aug 1 and according to our supplement, I should have been making 75% of the top pay rate from the previous contract ($32.17*0.75=24.13 then minus my current rate). That's a raise of $3.74 for me. I've heard that I should get the progression rate, but not the .70 raise, and I've heard that I'll get the .70 but not the progression...

I am in the same boat as you. What are you making right now? There is no way in hell a new reg temp driver this summer will start out making more money than I am full time when I was a reg temp. There aren't many in the same situation as us.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Local 89's website claims retro check will "most likely" be taxed at 40%. Under what justification would that be? How can the union not know?

HBGPreloader

Local 89's website claims retro check will "most likely" be taxed at 40%. Under what justification would that be? How can the union not know?
A retro check will likely be a separate lump-sum payment and taxed at the appropriate (annual) rate.
So, if that lump sum payment would be equal to an annual salary more than ~$407,000, that income will be taxed at 39.6%.
This will be in addition to all other federal, state and local taxes too.

browned out

The retro check is gonna be so cool because it is Retro. Everything retro is sweet; unless the mullet becomes retro. LOUKEY holds the key. Way to go 89, We don't need the garbage raise that none of us even asked for. Pension, Health Care, and Harassment were the top three issues. No one gave a crap about a raise. Except for the IBT because it also gives them a raise. Look for the check in mid 2015.

89 Replies as of now. HAHA way to go 89

stink219

This mess is getting old

Sent using BrownCafe App
This is an astute observation. Your going to see Zuckerman use this as a political vehicle. Right now it may help but I also think the longer it goes will be his downfall. The dust is settling and his name will be the one holding everyone hostage (not that he cares about his name). I know 4 year cover drivers are pissed right now, drivers that want retro, etc.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

CharleyHustle

This is an astute observation. Your going to see Zuckerman use this as a political vehicle. Right now it may help but I also think the longer it goes will be his downfall. The dust is settling and his name will be the one holding everyone hostage (not that he cares about his name). I know 4 year cover drivers are pissed right now, drivers that want retro, etc.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

I'm thinking my barn is fairly typical. There is a group of hardcore Teamsters (on both sides of the isle) that have a real good idea of what is going on, and are supporting these locals in their right to get better conditions. The large majority, however, don't care and just want to get on with it. I'm speculating here, that the large majority that want to move on also don't vote. How that plays politically is hard to say.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
[

Up, down, it doesn't matter as long as the market doesn't stagnate. Money can always be made.
True, but 401k accounts are a buy/hold and cost averaging. If you're looking for some good high yield stocks, there's a lot on sale right now. Some of the more momo stocks with huge growth potential $WFM for example, are ripe for the picking. I personally don't short and play puts, I mainly buy long, deep in the money calls.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How long and deep? This week I did some weekly puts and calls on SPY and AAPL. Friday held AAPL calls a whole 40 minutes.
I bought a couple $WFM calls back in Dec for May17 50 strike, paid 9.90 for them, currently at 1.96. On the flip side bought some $DIS April 19 65 strikes for 9.00 that I sold last week for 17.45 before the market tanked.

Bought some $ATVI Jan 17,2015 for 2.10. At the time these were at the money calls but there's so much time in them I felt comfortable with the lower delta in exchange for more contracts.