Retro Pay for Driver Helping (Central States)?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I just got my retro paycheck today and noticed there was no retro pay for driving helping. Per the contract, in the Central States region, driver helping pays 80% of the starting driver wage, or $15.00/hr under the new contract. I was paid $12.88 per the old contract, and the difference would be over $500.

Any insight as to why helping was no paid retroactively? Or did the delay of the contract cost me $500?

I will contact my BA on Monday, but this will drive me bonkers over the weekend.

Quigley

I just got my retro paycheck today and noticed there was no retro pay for driving helping. Per the contract, in the Central States region, driver helping pays 80% of the starting driver wage, or $15.00/hr under the new contract. I was paid $12.88 per the old contract, and the difference would be over $500.

Any insight as to why helping was no paid retroactively? Or did the delay of the contract cost me $500?

I will contact my BA on Monday, but this will drive me bonkers over the weekend.
I read a notice today from IBT that said there are some people that got overpaid and some were under paid on the retro check. They are working to fix the problem. Talk to your BA anyway to make sure he is aware of your issue.

satellitedriver

The dipsticks -(teamsters union)- sent me a form letter today.

Best laugh I have had in a while
I quit the teamsters in 1997 and they are asking me back, to pay dues because of their great negotiating skills.
I retired three months ago and the union could not help me, if I wanted them.
The bold letters of the first sentence of the 5th paragraph states;
This will be the final notice for you to join the Teamster Union.

When I was hired in 1986, it was a sup that told me I should join the union. Never heard a damn thing from the union back then and after I told them to pound sand in 97.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The dipsticks -(teamsters union)- sent me a form letter today.

Best laugh I have had in a while
I quit the teamsters in 1997 and they are asking me back, to pay dues because of their great negotiating skills.
I retired three months ago and the union could not help me, if I wanted them.
The bold letters of the first sentence of the 5th paragraph states;
This will be the final notice for you to join the Teamster Union.

When I was hired in 1986, it was a sup that told me I should join the union. Never heard a damn thing from the union back then and after I told them to pound sand in 97.

So your a scab??

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I quit the teamsters in 1997 and I retired three months ago
So your a scab??
Sure sounds like it.
Sat has already fully explained the reasoning behind his decision to withdraw from the Union.

If he is collecting a pension....

Negotiated by the Teamsters Union....

I would really like satellitedriver, to reiterate his position. I must have missed it.

-Bug-

upschuck

$8.50 an hour and no benefits is Union scale?
Although I think that the starting wage is too low, it is not $8.50 anymore. Got a question for you. Which company gets more employees from their competitor? On this site alone, there has been several jumping ship trying to get to UPS from FedEx(some even quit before they get the UPS job), and many more that wish they could. I don't hear anybody wanting to go to FedEx from UPS. UPS is the superior company in wages and benefits to FedEx. No question about it.

Although I think that the starting wage is too low, it is not $8.50 anymore. Got a question for you. Which company gets more employees from their competitor? On this site alone, there has been several jumping ship trying to get to UPS from FedEx(some even quit before they get the UPS job), and many more that wish they could. I don't hear anybody wanting to go to FedEx from UPS. UPS is the superior company in wages and benefits to FedEx. No question about it.
Fedex does have nicer uniforms and AC,In their trucks!

PT Car Washer

I agree UPS has better wages and benefits eventually. They should, it is a Union company. I just don't agree with all of the concessions every contract. In a lot of positions UPS wages starts out a lot lower then some of our competitors. Really hurting UPS to find quality employees. Might as well use a temp agency. I think they tried that at one time. Only employees that benefit our HR. They are as overworked as package car drivers just filling spots. And double shifters being paid $25hr to $45hr to fill in.