From the latest call:
  • We need to lay-off anyone who isn’t working more than 2 days a week
  • Excessive hub sorts should be cut
  • No discretionary spending
  • Hiring freeze
  • Etc etc the usual cost cutting panic stuff like no uniforms or toilet paper

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Gee who would have thought stock buybacks were a poor choice to use those tax cuts on

or that bending over backwards for a zero profit Enterprise account like Amazon would be bad for business

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I will probably loose my parts ordering rights any day now. First no OT and now no parts, and this is the time of year when I fix my PCs

Dragon

Package Center Manager
the lights were flickering in my office today...should I be worried or is that just the lowest bidders work they performed with the new sub-contracting going on?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
From the latest call:
  • Hiring freeze

This feels like a replay of 2008 2009.

Johney

Better tell the the feeder dept. They missed that email. Turn a bunch of runs from Sun-Thurs to Mon-Fri, Then beg guys to come in on Sun,so now you pay them all time and a half Friday night and there's nothing to do. SMH.

Re-Raise

AF09E5C0-3CAC-4C6B-9C99-0A2C29FF9250.png

DOK

From the latest call:
  • Hiring freeze

Then why in the world is ups hiring all these full time 22.4 positions? And the pension and health care obligations that come along with them. There isn’t enough packages to support this lunacy. We have people here not even a half of a year going full time.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Then why in the world is ups hiring all these full time 22.4 positions? And the pension and health care obligations that come along with them. There isn’t enough packages to support this lunacy. We have people here not even a half of a year going full time.
Still need them for weekend services; I expect we’ll offer a lot of time off to senior drivers to try and compensate