Rittenhouse Trial

vantexan

Perhaps? What did I state that you could argue with. Logically, I mean.
My argument is you, and others, continually downplay the $2 billion in damage, the thousands injured, dozens killed, of the 2020 summer riots, but act like the Jan. 6th riot at the Capitol was even worse.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m not holding them. Trump was still president after January 6. I would have thought he’d release them, no?
No, the Democrats will not release the film. Like the guy telling everyone to go into the capital building, he’s all over the footage, even been identified, yet the feds have no interest in him. Why? Because he was a sleeper put there by the feds.

vantexan

I’m not holding them. Trump was still president after January 6. I would have thought he’d release them, no?
In the silliness of the last two weeks of his presidency I doubt anyone was saying release the tapes or knew that that would be withheld.

bbsam

Staff member
They’re not victims unless he’s convicted
That’s not generally how the law approaches cases though. There are still victims in justified homicide cases or in assault or rape cases. They don’t wait until after the case to make that designation.

vantexan

That’s not generally how the law approaches cases though. There are still victims in justified homicide cases or in assault or rape cases. They don’t wait until after the case to make that designation.
Rittenhouse was the victim. They got themselves shot putting him into a position where he had no choice but to defend himself. If he gets convicted because Leftists can't bear the thought of someone using a gun to defend himself I hope we have conservative riots in every liberal enclave in the country. Burn it, burn it down, burn it all down, right?

bbsam

Staff member
Different era. The King trial was a :censored2:ing joke.
Maybe. Maybe not. Trials and juries are fickle things. Prosecutors and defense attorneys haven’t changed a lot over the years in presenting their cases. Past arrests, convictions, officer commendations and disciplinary records often come into the fray. People want the good guys to win and the bad guys to lose. Each side needs to present their guy as the good guy.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe. Maybe not. Trials and juries are fickle things. Prosecutors and defense attorneys haven’t changed a lot over the years in presenting their cases. Past arrests, convictions, officer commendations and disciplinary records often come into the fray. People want the good guys to win and the bad guys to lose. Each side needs to present their guy as the good guy.
Of course. Once it goes to the jury it’s anyone’s guess.

vantexan

Exactly what did the guys who Rittenhouse shot do that might determine they were the good guys?