Road test

Bobafet

I had an interview yesterday Wednesday the 12th. It was a group of 8. They are looking for seasonal delivery drivers. We were givin the “space and visibility” as well as the commentary checklist. I have my road test tomorrow. I did not expect for it to be so soon. What should I expect for the road test? I haven’t driven manual in years so that has me a bit nervous. Anything else? Will there be a pre trip inspection of the truck? Will I have to have memorized both checklists by then?
At my previous job, the only pre tripinspection we did was that of the oil level as well as the coolant level.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
The road test is just road test, you don't need to know the 5 10s then. The one I took they just made me drive a big box a few miles. Didn't have to backup or anything. Don't expect the tranny to shift like a lambo, each car varies but they are sloppy. Usually have to let off the clutch a bit to get it in gear. If you can borrow a manual to brush up it'll help. I had never driven one before, but a few days prior I learned in a friends car and I passed mine. No you don't have to memorize the checklist or do a pre trip or anything. Just ask the instructor what they are going to be looking for and do that.