roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

11.19igrad

Time to grow up and take a little personal responsibility
no problem with that but I'm new at a job and they are supposed to instill habits in me and in all of us daily and review :censored2: over and over and make us sign :censored2:. they have no records of anything like this with me. they just assume integrad is enough but integrad is just an initial portal to be assessed to a certain extent and sent to centers for further development. not as finished products.

11.19igrad

Time to grow up and take a little personal responsibility
or if they are too busy, create a safety driver manager who only works very closely especially with new drivers and especially with 22.4s drilling the habits and showing real-life examples of WHY they are the habits. I think the old school drivers come from a different time and had to wait for years and decades to do this job. But new guys like me with the company 4 months then driving cant just be tossed out there despite our best intentions and personal responsibility. 98% of their communication with us is about getting stops off but the deeper safety habit building and development is even more critical. If I had more one on one real-life examples shown to me, it would help me remember to take those extra few seconds and double-check I've done every habit. I will now but why did it take this happening for them to show me more things I didn't know? they are working for a paycheck just like all of us. they have to earn it too.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
or if they are too busy, create a safety driver manager who only works very closely especially with new drivers and especially with 22.4s drilling the habits and showing real-life examples of WHY they are the habits. I think the old school drivers come from a different time and had to wait for years and decades to do this job. But new guys like me with the company 4 months then driving cant just be tossed out there despite our best intentions and personal responsibility. 98% of their communication with us is about getting stops off but the deeper safety habit building and development is even more critical. If I had more one on one real-life examples shown to me, it would help me remember to take those extra few seconds and double-check I've done every habit. I will now but why did it take this happening for them to show me more things I didn't know? they are working for a paycheck just like all of us. they have to earn it too.

millenials

smh

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
the union wouldn't let me say anything. I'm happy for everyone who can do this job without quality training.

What happen to all the tough talking you did on here?

Did you get skeered?

The ability to absorb training is lacking in your case.

You want constant reminders and constant training.

How about you grow up and be a man.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
so new drivers are born with everything they need to know to do this job? what are sups for exactly?

Are you able to park your personal vehicle on a hill without someone coming over to show you how to get it fully into park?

no problem with that but I'm new at a job and they are supposed to instill habits in me and in all of us daily and review :censored2: over and over and make us sign :censored2:. they have no records of anything like this with me. they just assume integrad is enough but integrad is just an initial portal to be assessed to a certain extent and sent to centers for further development. not as finished products.

Stop trying to blame the company. You were in a rush and didn’t get the shifter fully up into park, it’s happened before, and it will happen to some other poor bastard that is in a rush. if you want your job back take the advice of these drivers who have been doing this longer than you. I am a mechanic not a driver and I can tell you that blaming the truck will not work because I am sure they already verified the parking pawl is intact and the shifting mechanism is ok.

El Correcto

god is dead
I did something stupid and negligent, UPS better change their training and make a little sign above the hand brake for all their package cars reminding people to tighten their break.

Good luck at McDonald’s, hopefully they have a sign reminding you not to stick your hand in the frier.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I did something stupid and negligent, UPS better change their training and make a little sign above the hand brake for all their package cars reminding people to tighten their break.

Good luck at McDonald’s, hopefully they have a sign reminding you not to stick your hand in the frier.

Exactly
Most people aren't UPS Driver Service Provider material.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
i used it all day at stoplights and couldn't go unless I put it down. makes no :censored2:ing sense. as much as this is horrible, however, I'm learning so much I just really didn't know. and probably would have never found out. which is really scary. they never did my 30-day training packet.
Who told you to engage it at stop lights?
Was the e-brake engaged when you got into the truck in the morning?
Hmmm.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Tell him we didn't go to school learn how to drive.
Yep. And in all fairness engaging the e-brake was a part of my fundamental training before we left the lot.
Back then, there were NO trucks with automatic transmissions for us to drive.
In fact, the truck I drove to qualify in had wood shelves with no lips to lip load packages.

And no, gas wasnt 35 cents a gallon.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Yep. And in all fairness engaging the e-brake was a part of my fundamental training before we left the lot.
Back then, there were NO trucks with automatic transmissions for us to drive.
In fact, the truck I drove to qualify in had wood shelves with no lips to lip load packages.

And no, gas wasnt 35 cents a gallon.

@rod rode a bicycle pulling a small trailer. No shelves. No electronics. A :censored2: trooper

reginald95

I use to always tighten my handbrake daily when I was at a long red light. It’s just a habit you develop. Now that I drive a newer p10 auto I do it when it’s really lose but I still do it at least every other week. I don’t really drive on steep streets btw.

11.19igrad

Are you able to park your personal vehicle on a hill without someone coming over to show you how to get it fully into park?

im not driving my personal vehicle on the clock for this company. no one drives a ups truck as a personal vehicle. apples and oranges.

Stop trying to blame the company. You were in a rush and didn’t get the shifter fully up into park, it’s happened before, and it will happen to some other poor bastard that is in a rush. if you want your job back take the advice of these drivers who have been doing this longer than you. I am a mechanic not a driver and I can tell you that blaming the truck will not work because I am sure they already verified the parking pawl is intact and the shifting mechanism is ok.

yes, I was in a hurry. we don't have a job if we aren't. the truck was still my brake was up, I thought I was good. I really don't care, I deserved to know about tightening the brake. if that's too much to ask then :censored2: off. if I get it back, everything will get a 2nd glance to make sure its right.

Status
Not open for further replies.