roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTCD

Sounds like a mechanical failure if you were in an automatic. Might need to stick to that story vs saying you don’t know how a hand brake works.

Seriously though, I think half of our cover drivers loosen the hand brakes to the point they don’t work and I’m the only one who actually tightens them up (and uses them) to prevent a roll away.

11.19igrad

i really cant imagine not putting in park, i mean i dont want to roll myself over and i couldnt get out of the truck and get the package and walk to the house and turn around if it wasnt in park. it must have slipped. but the brake was loose back at the hub. no one ever told me about testing the brake. once in some class at integrad isnt enough. this is the most important safety practice. should be drilled everyday. why is the brake even adjustable at all????
You didn't mention the apparent mechanical failure that would have had to occur for a roll away. I assume it's an automatic and the thing broke out of park? Or did you not actually fully engage park? The handbrake in merely a backup for this failure as well as to protect the gearbox from wear.

11.19igrad

happy to do so if i was told this. never $#@$%#@ told this!!!!
You're supposed to check the tightness of the hand brake and make sure it is functioning correctly. That's part of your pre trip. This one is on you. Also tighten it each time you use it.

11.19igrad

:censored2: u. its managements job to constantly remind the bunch of new drivers they have of everything we need to remember and do. how is something this serious never brought up at pcm??? EVER??????

would you like management to check to see if you wiped your arse when you get done also

This is a mans game if you can’t figure out how to play it Time to go back to the hub

Do you know what a pretrip is

first one didnt count, company decided i wasnt at fault. this is a mechanical issue. both instances i was not in the truck.
But you don't have a long work history and the pattern does show. Whatever I come is good luck be humble and tell the truth.
Get prepared to get drilled on Tuesday when you go back to work

11.19igrad

Im going to as professionally as possible drill them on why they never talk about handbrake checks and making sure we are doing them. never once. unacceptable.
But you don't have a long work history and the pattern does show. Whatever I come is good luck be humble and tell the truth.
Get prepared to get drilled on Tuesday when you go back to work

11.19igrad

that is the truth!!! they never talk about it!!!!! I already told the truth. I ran to the truck reaching for the brake but it was already up! aside from my job, this is my life and someone else's life and then property. unbelievable. I don't have much to lose.
That's not the attitude that you need to go into that meeting. Trust me eat some humble pie and tell the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.