roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Im going to as professionally as possible drill them on why they never talk about handbrake checks and making sure we are doing them. never once. unacceptable.
You've been at UPS for 5 months and had 2 accidents. Make sure to tell us how that works out telling them its their fault, and it's unacceptable

11.19igrad

what happened to this is a mans game? this is their job. to make us recite stuff, quiz us, test us, etc to make sure we know everything and do everything. why are they sups if they dont do this? would they rather deal with a fatality or expensive property damage??

That should go over pretty well.

11.19igrad

I cant stop someone barrelling out of their driveway backward into my truck when I'm away with the package. If im not taught something I should know about the handbrake, how am I supposed to know and act accordingly? were you born with infinite knowledge of everything? do you remember everything always? or do you need to be taught and reminded like everyone else?

You've been at UPS for 5 months and had 2 accidents. Make sure to tell us how that works out telling them its their fault, and it's unacceptable

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
what happened to this is a mans game? this is their job. to make us recite stuff, quiz us, test us, etc to make sure we know everything and do everything. why are they sups if they dont do this? would they rather deal with a fatality or expensive property damage??
I'm pretty sure they will be able to produce all kinds of paperwork from your training detailing how you were trained on a proper pre-trip, testing the handbrake, turning the wheels toward the curb when parked on a hill, etc.

11.19igrad

you know, you dudes keep talking about ONE CLASS. they repeat certain things we learned in that class every day pcm. WHY NOTHING ABOUT THE HANDBRAKE?????

I'm pretty sure they will be able to produce all kinds of paperwork from your training detailing how you were trained on a proper pre-trip, testing the handbrake, turning the wheels toward the curb when parked on a hill, etc.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I cant stop someone barrelling out of their driveway backward into my truck when I'm away with the package. If im not taught something I should know about the handbrake, how am I supposed to know and act accordingly? were you born with infinite knowledge of everything? do you remember everything always? or do you need to be taught and reminded like everyone else?
As far as they are concerned you are liability, and you are going to go into a meeting with them telling them how they :censored2:ed up and it's unacceptable?
What do you do each morning for your pretrip

11.19igrad

its probably a set up. they could be lazy about it and send a diad message everyday or SOMETHING. a lot of new drivers im talking to say they havent been told either.

you know, you dudes keep talking about ONE CLASS. they repeat certain things we learned in that class every day pcm. WHY NOTHING ABOUT THE HANDBRAKE?????

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's a great point, be sure to ask them that. Might want to lawyer up too, that will show them you mean business.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
they're not going to look at it like that. their point will be, what could of you done to prevent it from even happening. they will take that and hold it against you unless you get away with it

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
that is the truth!!! they never talk about it!!!!! I already told the truth. I ran to the truck reaching for the brake but it was already up! aside from my job, this is my life and someone else's life and then property. unbelievable. I don't have much to lose.
Never tell the truth.

11.19igrad

obviously im not going to scream at them they are unacceptable. I didnt shut up for 2 hrs about not knowing to check this last night with them. They said it wasnt my fault. but im going to just say it would have been great if this was mentioned a lot more. these brakes should not be adjustable. if you dont like the brakes u dont drive for ups.

As far as they are concerned you are liability, and you are going to go into a meeting with them telling them how they :censored2:ed up and it's unacceptable?
What do you do each morning for your pretrip

11.19igrad

the truck was still for close to 2 minutes before it started to roll. something gave out.

they're not going to look at it like that. their point will be, what could of you done to prevent it from even happening. they will take that and hold it against you unless you get away with it

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
obviously im not going to scream at them they are unacceptable. I didnt shut up for 2 hrs about not knowing to check this last night with them. They said it wasnt my fault. but im going to just say it would have been great if this was mentioned a lot more. these brakes should not be adjustable. if you dont like the brakes u dont drive for ups.
fill out your form for repairs for a safety concern on the vehicle. write it up every day if it still isn't fixed. that is your backup.

over9five

Staff member
I'll be interested in what they say about the PC rolling when it's in park...
OP, make sure you get back to us after the meeting!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They have to make the hand brakes adjustable in case someone like @Future needs to put them on he can’t do it with pipe cleaner arms and has to make it less.

Status
Not open for further replies.