roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

11.19igrad

a cure for covid was found in ONE WEEK!

southwest airlines is hiring! become a pilot in just ONE WEEK!

you gonna get on that plane??

I'm the first " hothead" on this internet forum platform with no proof of my identity?

smh, hit me better than that dude.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
DE55ECFE-AFFB-4C18-8DE7-4F8966EA9A15.jpeg
@Code 82 Approved , umm all the automatic straight trucks I've used has a P for park. Can u take a pic of your dash cluster to say otherwise?

Sure, I will take a pic tomorrow... none of our 3 Freightliners have a "P"[/QUOTE]

11.19igrad

So I've gone thru a lot of stages. First immense guilt and atonement. Then rage after realizing the different contracts that govern drivers and the piss that 22.4 is. Now I'm lost as to how I even feel. I don't see any hope of enough 22.4 caring about the union , understanding what's required to improve our contract and following thru on attending, etc. This 14 hr dot crap has no light at end of any tunnel. When this happened this was only my 2nd Saturday with a 300 mile radius, not a route. I had 1/8 the whole city of Nashville. 25 apartment buildings. This happened because I just burned out and slipped up. Terrified of getting fired if I say I'm just too tired to keep going. My normal route no problem. Joke all you want but it takes time to get used to the long days of incredible stressful driving, miles of climbing and walking, and the speed at which everything needs to happen correctly, when you have no protections in your contract. So I really don't know if I care anymore. It feels disrespectful to have to work this hard for a percentage of the compensation it deserves and no protections. I'm glad this happened so I can learn and think. I thought I was on a decent path to a decent job. It's better than nothing but it's a dead end. We are just disposable discount slave mules.

11.19igrad

And in hindsight, those old timers at integrad would rather gouge their eyes out than get in trucks with 22.4 students and actually train them on routes. Which is all integrad should be- training on actual deliveries and getting cursed out for 2 whole weeks. If you make it, you qualify. Most students should quit because it's that intense. They shouldn't have entire classes posing for cute pictures. We should be worn out and ready for work, knowing exactly what is expected of us. They need drivers 3-4yrs in to be trainers. Millennials need to train millennials. We are the technology generation, not the hands on do it yourself gen. It takes a much more different cognitive approach with us to make sure everything gets seared in our heads. Watching each other get cursed out is what we would remember. Not crap on computers mostly to do with diad while we are half asleep wondering if the next guy is gonna pass their fives and tens.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You should talk to your management team about your ideas for how to better train Millenials, they probably have no idea.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You should talk to your management team about your ideas for how to better train Millenials, they probably have no idea.
As much as I try not to invoke millennial privilege, it really is getting more common to burn out on your first go. It's a combination of a whole lot of little things pulled out from underneath qualifying drivers that the company can claim is not their responsibility. Not a difficult job, just no path forward for slow learners. IF you can do the job right away then it's yours as soon as you've started.

The creation of 22.4 having eliminated air drivers, TCDs, etc. IMO is the single worst effect to the contract.

Last edited:

11.19igrad

The other part here is that 14 hrs dot for frieght drivers just sitting on the interstate is nothing near the work ups drivers do for that long. It's apples and oranges. 14hrs for them needs to be 11 hrs for us Max.

11.19igrad

As much as I try not to invoke millennial privilege, it really is getting more common to burn out on your first go. It's a combination of a whole lot of little things pulled out from underneath qualifying drivers that the company can claim is not their responsibility. Not a difficult job, just no path forward for slow learners. IF you can do the job right away then it's yours as soon as you've started.

The creation of 22.4 having eliminated air drivers, TCDs, etc. IMO is the single worst effect to the contract.
I got the hang of it but after being out of practice 4 months from my dq then this pandemic hit making Saturdays literally the 9th circle of hell it just overwhelmed me. 6 weeks not driving my back still hurts like I'm working

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And in hindsight, those old timers at integrad would rather gouge their eyes out than get in trucks with 22.4 students and actually train them on routes. Which is all integrad should be- training on actual deliveries and getting cursed out for 2 whole weeks. If you make it, you qualify. Most students should quit because it's that intense. They shouldn't have entire classes posing for cute pictures. We should be worn out and ready for work, knowing exactly what is expected of us. They need drivers 3-4yrs in to be trainers. Millennials need to train millennials. We are the technology generation, not the hands on do it yourself gen. It takes a much more different cognitive approach with us to make sure everything gets seared in our heads. Watching each other get cursed out is what we would remember. Not crap on computers mostly to do with diad while we are half asleep wondering if the next guy is gonna pass their fives and tens.

I’ll give you one thing

You win the biggestwhiner on the BC award
Congratulations you deserve it

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@11.19igrad

What is the "end game" here ?

A fundamental change in the company's training program ?

Or, cater to a bunch of opinionated millennials.... with zero life experience ?

I don't get it.

Air Recovery

Look dude, not everyone can be a driver for UPS. The amount of physical labor and mental focus required is simply alot to ask for the average, soft, man/woman.

You didn't make the cut. That's ok, most people don't. Now let this thread die, you dont need to try go rationalize your weakness to us, we dont give a :censored2:

11.19igrad

Look dude, not everyone can be a driver for UPS. The amount of physical labor and mental focus required is simply alot to ask for the average, soft, man/woman.

You didn't make the cut. That's ok, most people don't. Now let this thread die, you dont need to try go rationalize your weakness to us, we dont give a :censored2:
Ok tough guy why are u on here if u don't give a ....? I'm not weak. I'm new. Everyone's new at something. Including you trying to be the boss here.

11.19igrad

@11.19igrad

What is the "end game" here ?

A fundamental change in the company's training program ?

Or, cater to a bunch of opinionated millennials.... with zero life experience ?

I don't get it.
Anyone with life experience wouldn't work this hard under a contract like 22.4. if the company only wants mature seasoned professionals who have spent their whole life preparing for a ups job they better pay up and show people the actual job during training. But they actually want idiots too dumb to realize the contract and desperate for a paycheck to help them bend over for Amazon. They will get plenty of them and more situations like mine will happen. I'm not the problem. I made a mistake but they are intentionally tossing 22.4 on the roads with no training and massive routes and couldn't care less what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.