Rollaway

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It is a rental. He could claim he was not properly trained. And I'll bet he wasn't given ANY training

in this particular vehicle. We don't need unsafe people like this but here ya go.
I’ll give you an “A” for creativity, but methods are methods. Leaving a vehicle running unattended is never a great idea, lmao.

O

Oldrow2018

Any of you guys had this happen or know of someone? I’m just trying to figure out if I have a shot at getting my job back

AttackedHawk34

They got me doing like three different splits off of several satellite drivers so basically im in the middle of no where. If i was in a metropolitan area i wouldn't do it personally.

542thruNthru

So a little back story.. I was out delivering and came back to find my truck nonexistent. It rolled around 50 ft down a hill.. immediately called sup and told him.. he came and picked me up.. Next day came in and received termination papers. Filed grievance and now waiting. Anyone ever had this happen before? How long did it take for local hearing? Chances of getting my job back?

What supplement are you under? Was there any damage to the vehicle or anyone property?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You'll probably get your job back as long as you don't have a bad accident history. I've seen people do a lot worse and come back.

Griff

Really will come down to your local / business agent(s).

I've seen plenty of people come back from rollaway accidents, even ones where the truck ended up in someone's living room.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Oh man...last peak I was a frequent Uhaul-er and amidst the freezing days left them running to keep the cab nice and toasty. Probably won’t be doing that again.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I just feel like its quicker to leave it running. Its not like i have a fob. It already takes longer to get to the back and find the pkg. Every little shortcut helps, but after reading this thread its clearly not worth it.

Stop worrying about shaving seconds, it doesn't add up to nearly what you think it will. If you are almost to 14 hours, bring it back, sheet the rest as missed, cash check, repeat.