Rollaway

over9five

Staff member
I think it's gonna come down to if the management team likes you. Like anything else, people that like you will help you.
Are you on good terms with the management team?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They can buff it out!

upload_2019-12-19_6-58-22.jpeg

Staydryitsraining

I just feel like its quicker to leave it running. Its not like i have a fob. It already takes longer to get to the back and find the pkg. Every little shortcut helps, but after reading this thread its clearly not worth it.
If your in a rental you need to be extra safe. Send in a message at 1 and 4 saying you will need help or will have missed. It's too easy to hurt yourself working out of a rental.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Can they test it or something? Like since since it doesn’t have telematics? I nosed right in without backing and left it running because all my coworkers said they did.. rookie mistake
If this post is true. You made a fatal rookie mistake. I do not see how the union would be able to fight this nor do I see how labor or a center manager will be willing to put you back on road. This was a highly unprofessional and dangerous way to make a delivery. You take far too many risks to be put back on road.

Justaloader

They don't pop you guys for idling exceptions? At my day job - if any of our techs have a vehicle idling for 5 minutes or more (while parked), it generates an error report in our GPS / Telematics system. Our company pinches pennies. Granted there's that whole argument of how much fuel is used idling versus shutting a vehicle off and restarting it....but arguing that with management is futile.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Had a rollaway in my center several years ago. It was a P700 at Christmas time. The driver was a runner gunner with about 5 years seniority. Engine was running, bulkhead door left open, but parking brake was not set tight enough to hold car on hill. Car rolled down hill into a yard and stopped a foot from front porch.

Driver was terminated that day and firing was upheld in hearing. This was also in Southern region.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
They don't pop you guys for idling exceptions? At my day job - if any of our techs have a vehicle idling for 5 minutes or more (while parked), it generates an error report in our GPS / Telematics system. Our company pinches pennies. Granted there's that whole argument of how much fuel is used idling versus shutting a vehicle off and restarting it....but arguing that with management is futile.
Driver was in a rental. No telematics on vehicle.

O

Oldrow2018

I think it's gonna come down to if the management team likes you. Like anything else, people that like you will help you.
Are you on good terms with the management team?
Good terms with driver sup, center manager sometimes