Ron Paul Raises Over 3.8 Million ON Monday

wkmac

Hey wait a minute, Does Big's endorsement mean the alternative fuel of the future is NitroMethane?

VVVVVVVVVaaaaaa-RRRooommmm

:happy-very:

wkmac

An atheist gives a qualified endorsement to Ron Paul. If you have a bit of a sense of humor, it's has some funny moments too! I loved the Cook County Illinois comment!

George H. Smith Gives Qualified Endorsement of Ron Paul 2008

A devote Christian like Garlits endorses Paul and a devote atheist gives a qualified endorsement. In the spirit of the First Amendment and the "Congress Shall Make No Law...." Ron appears to be reaching across the diversity lines of the american public. Interesting!

Don't fret EZMoney, it's just a grease monkey and a anti-Jesus nutjob so your conclusion is still in play!

ezmoney5150

And just where in the world did you get the idea I work at UPS? I'd like to see such proof or did you just make a grand assumption?

Besides, how hard do you really work there

E Z MONEY!

LOL!

I did my years of working hard and have the sore back to prove it. My seniority was able to get me an easier job and I took it. Work smart not hard thats how you make the EZ Money.

So if you don't work at UPS why are you here???? Are you a union hater who just wants to rip on working people?

wkmac

I did my years of working hard and have the sore back to prove it. My seniority was able to get me an easier job and I took it. Work smart not hard thats how you make the EZ Money.

So if you don't work at UPS why are you here???? Are you a union hater who just wants to rip on working people?

I'm lead lawyer in a major union busting law firm! You mean you didn't know that? You do now!

Getting back to Ron Paul, I just found these 2 diddies today.

http://www.creators.com/opinion/matthew-towery/would-reagan-vote-for-ron-paul.html

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
It's apparent Brett you have a brash one track mind thats comparable to a text book know it all "Young Republican" schoolboy fresh out of class who thinks he's got all the answers. Apparently, you'll keep making excuses and strawman arguments that our economy and well being is swell, and based solely on BIG BUSINESS profits at all costs without Gov't interference. Ignoring the harmful effects it's having on the middle-class and the core of the nation. Ignoring the fact that we're on the brink (if not already there) of a reccession. With the cost of living increasing, and our wages and jobs deteriorating, the consumer spending base is shrinking, the profits that BIG BUSINESS are targeting are declining day by day as long as your Reagon'omic and Bush implemented policies are in place. "Right-wing politics" hazardous and costly to society virtually across-the-board.

Good jobs being exported are but part of a large problem. America is totally being destroyed for the sake of BIG BUSINESS profits! BIG BUSINESS lust for profits has already destroyed the Healthcare and Insurance Ind, Homebuilding, Farming (except for big corporate farms), and many other industries. I am tired of going into the grocery store and seeing all the foreign fruits, and vegetables when I know there are struggling American farmers. BIG BUSINSS has also managed through tort reform, to take away our basic Constitutional rights by not allowing us use of the courts and forcing us into expensive arbitration, with a low chance of judgement against a BIG BUSINESS. BIG BUSINESS is also using bullying tactics to prevent people from having freedom of speech. They manage to take down websites and silence through the legal system.. We are not free. Where is our government to help the people they are to be representing? The rudeness by some of the (Brett-like) Right wing rep's towards American citizens who speak up is inexcusable. I suppose when you have your security at hand and pockets lined by BIG BUSINESS, the citizens are not important. Although I don't need the government to take care of my health, there is no excuse for people in the USA to be dying because some BIG BUSINESS for profit insurance company was too greedy to care. Maybe we should all start insisting to speak with an American when we get transfered to India? I can't always understand their speech. But your too damm concerned with contributing immigrants speaking spanish here in the U.S.... Wake up America!(That means you Brett) We need to take back our government...they are being bought off by BIG BUSINESS PROFITS!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exposing the "con" in conservatives

Don't forget what big business is doing to other countries, especially the resources and environment. The excesses of the US people and big business so eager to profit from it are ruining rainforests and exploiting the Chinese people, this is just the tip and you wonder why the world hates us?

wkmac

Hey Tieguy,

Most happy to be of humorous service to you sir. It was my pleasure!

:wink2:

Obviously I enjoyed it too!

wkmac

I feel Gore and Kerry's pain.
No laughing matter though:angry:

Although the Rove bit was pretty funny.

D,

I thought this story would really go nowhere because of the Ron Paul aspect but I think now I was very short sighted. OK, I was wrong!

Here's something from Counter-Punch on this same issue.
http://www.counterpunch.org/lindorff01112008.html

Now there's no mention of Ron at all in the story but there's no warm and fuzzy there but I'm cool with that. This counter-punch story is getting a lot of circulation out on many of the libertarian, anarcho-capitalism and the like websites.

Seems to me there is a underlying shift to Obama among the active democrat/liberal types of the internet as they see Hillary as a type of skirt wearing version of GW. Funny, that's exactly how she's seen among the purist libertarian/anarcho-capitalism types and I also concur with that view. Her lips are one way but her voting record has been one of supporting and spreading of the American Empire and many democrats see this and are flocking to Obama as a result. I'd have gone Gravel myself if a democrat because he does have an underlying limited gov't message within the economic sphere to go along with his overt civil liberties stance. At least, that's how I see it anyway.

Be an interesting story to watch none-the-less!

Overpaid Union Thug

I've been paying more attention to Ron Paul lately and I've definately decided I don't want him running this country. At first I wouldn't have minded but after doing more research and listening to him make a fool of himself the other night I didn't take me long to change my mind about the guy. I'm starting to think he is just trying to win people over by repeatively claiming to be the most conservative candidate and by saying he is against the war in Iraq. The problem with that is that he comes across as very weak and timid. He seems like he'd wait until another country sticks it to us real good before acting even if he sees it comming ahead of time. He was never my first choice before but I was seriously keeping him in mind. Now he is the last one I'd vote for.

wkmac

Ron Paul speaking before Congress on Sept. 19th, 1984' in what some consider his greatest speech of all time.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul433.html

Big Arrow, don't even click the link. It's filled completely with foolishness and utter stupidity and we all know you're way smarter than that!

:bow: We're not worthy!

LOL!

For the rest of you open minded to foolish and stupid statements, it is an interesting read in respect to various issues of that time and those same issues we see today and how they have gone in size and/or cost to the taxpayer.

wkmac

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/rp-meaning.html

Many people ask why Ron Paul even ran much less continue to stay in the race and IMO this op-ed is the best I've seen to answer that question. It's even grown now to include the Liberty Warchest https://web.archive.org/web/20080724094047/http://www.libertywarchest.com/ with the idea of helping to fund others running for office on similar principles and hopefully to circumvent the party purse strings that keep party candidates in line with party mandates.

Ron also bridged a divide first erected by Ralph Nader and Pat Buchannan where civil libertariians on the left and economic libertarians realized they were kindred spirits of one another at the end of the day. Ron caused that connections to grow in vast ways.

Ron will run for his old Congressional seat and stands a good chance of going back to Congress. If he does, I think he does so in a more effective position and voice and people will watch events in light of what he has said and will say. That was the important first step needed and I thank Ron for making that sacrifice.

Many candidates for President would assail themselves as having the right eye when it comes to Iraq and some want us to believe they saw through the whole thing from the start. In 1998' the Iraq Liberation Act was introduced in the Congress (and was passed and codified into law) but standing in the Halls of Congress and challenging even then was the lone notjob from Texas. I'd invite each of you to take the time to read from the Congressional record itself concerning the debate of this issue which went on to become the heart and basis for moving forward in 2003' to remove Saddam. https://web.archive.org/web/20080724154038/http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec98/cr100598.htm

Now what is of even more interest is once this legislation was passed, President Clinton signed into law and yes Hillary was right there the whole time and where was her voice? And of even more interest was earlier that same year President Clinton recieved a letter from an organization called "Project For A New American Century" and here is the letter https://web.archive.org/web/20130910061241/http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm and this is from the Project's own website. Notice all the names attached to the bottom of the letter and who these people are and it was just 1998' at the time.