Rough sickness

I woke up sick this morning. Came in on time, early actually, to clean up my two trucks for preload.

I was running a fever, but figured i could get thriugh the day.

Supervisor A transferred me to two 5 bulk trucks.

15 minutes in, my fever kicked past the dayquil i took.

I told her i was sick and needed to go home, and she said to stick it out for an hour. So i did. Then a forced break due to a leak caused the belts to stop.

She says to go to the back of the belt and clear it out while everyone else takes their break.

Then when everyone comes back and the back of the belt is clear she says to go clean up the cars i was working on earlier.

That is completed, and she sends me to her supervisor.

I talk to him and he says to unload trucks. Itell him i am sick and need to go home.

"do this now, or you're transferred." i repeated, i am sick. I need to go home.

He tells me to go to the office and get the transfer paperwork filed.

I go into the office, explain that I'm sick and the situation, and am asked "how sick?"

I explain that I've got a fever and am having trouble walking in a straight line.

He says, "are you going to work tomorrow?"

This whole thing just blew my mind. I took off my gloves and said i was done.

"okay. Seeya."

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I woke up sick this morning. Came in on time, early actually, to clean up my two trucks for preload.

I told her i was sick and needed to go home, and she said to stick it out for an hour. So i did. Then a forced break due to a leak caused the belts to stop.

She says to go to the back of the belt and clear it out while everyone else takes their break.

Then when everyone comes back and the back of the belt is clear she says to go clean up the cars i was working on earlier.

I talk to him and he says to unload trucks. Itell him i am sick and need to go home.

I go into the office, explain that I'm sick and the situation, and am asked "how sick?"

I explain that I've got a fever and am having trouble walking in a straight line.

"okay. Seeya."
i talk crazy and i cant even understand this

PT Car Washer

"okay. Seeya."
Done for the day or the end of your career?

i talk crazy and i cant even understand this
NE9s6oJEOmFvG.gif

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If you ever thought you were a person and not a number to UPS, you now know the truth!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't even know. Being told to keep working, through break, while in sick? Being threatened a transfer?

That's pretty crazy.
first of all you dont work through your break, second just call off next time, you get two days before you need a doctor excuse

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your best bet is to actually work like you are sick, they will send you home if you are just in the way of everyone else. I know that when I'm sick with a fever, it's hard to do anything except think about how sick I am. I am talking about real sick, real fever 102+

Asking to go home because you are sick does not work, because no one cares about your health at UPS. Telling them you are leaving, unless you are one of their precious bum-kissers, will get you job abandonment and fired.

Otherwise, call in to avoid all of the idiotic treatment you will receive.

Right now I'm wishing i just called in. In my realm of previous 18 years of employment at other jobs, showing up to say you were sick and needed to leave was better than calling in, because it showed that you weren't drunk/hungover and couldn't drive.

Every job is different, I guess.

Hr is supposed to call me later.

Box Ox

In my realm of previous 18 years of employment at other jobs, showing up to say you were sick and needed to leave was better than calling in, because it showed that you weren't drunk/hungover and couldn't drive.

If you ever thought you were a person and not a number to UPS, you now know the truth!

SURPRISE!! Your humanity is not a consideration. Especially as a seasonal hire.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

"okay. Seeya."

Where you being transferred too?