Round two...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Quit??? Why on earth would I quit? If I quit I’d be sitting at home surfing the web and shopping online. That’s what I do now, and I get salary and benefits! “Working remote” is awesome! Only an idiot would quit this gig. I’ll be here until they throw my ass out! Then I’ll probably sue them because I’m a protected minority. It doesn’t get any better than this!
I think I love you.

Quit??? Why on earth would I quit? If I quit I’d be sitting at home surfing the web and shopping online. That’s what I do now, and I get salary and benefits! “Working remote” is awesome! Only an idiot would quit this gig. I’ll be here until they throw my ass out! Then I’ll probably sue them because I’m a protected minority. It doesn’t get any better than this!

^^ Troll ^^

tino1

UPS waited to long to address amazon it may be to late. We really should have been more aggressive in warehousing and fulfillment but corporate didn’t want to hear it. I watch in amazement as we bring on folks from xerox, hows xerox doing? Wasn’t impressed with what we are planning on doing. we have some great people that work for us yet we go outside if corporate or management listened and got to know its employees we would be in better shape. The leadership is to blame not just abney this started years ago . I Took the VRP now I am just waiting for my date , I know of 1 person that received his separation date which is August 31st.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I didn't say it was a bad thing. In fact I said it was long overdue. The corporate office has been completely dysfunctional for many years, and none of the current crop of "leaders" have done anything about it. If you want to know why I refer to him as a hatchet man, just wait a few months and you'll see. ;) I wonder what they'll call the involuntary "retirements" that are coming soon?
“Enhancements”????

happyman2018

UPS waited to long to address amazon it may be to late. We really should have been more aggressive in warehousing and fulfillment but corporate didn’t want to hear it. I watch in amazement as we bring on folks from xerox, hows xerox doing? Wasn’t impressed with what we are planning on doing. we have some great people that work for us yet we go outside if corporate or management listened and got to know its employees we would be in better shape. The leadership is to blame not just abney this started years ago . I Took the VRP now I am just waiting for my date , I know of 1 person that received his separation date which is August 31st.
Another Xerox person brought in announced today. Does transformation mean we are changing our name to Xerox. That is a well run company...Says no one. Next thing you know we have a CEO from a bankrupt company like Tomorrow in our history books....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Another Xerox person brought in announced today. Does transformation mean we are changing our name to Xerox. That is a well run company...Says no one. Next thing you know we have a CEO from a bankrupt company like Tomorrow in our history books....
Heard they are bringing in a couple ex- Enron executives....that came down from the FNN....

Popeye

And the previous person to occupy the job just announced his “retirement”. Region Manager level UPSer shoved out the door to make room for this new guy. I think Marketing is a good place NOT to be right now.

Glenlake55Wally

Just wait....
I know my job is safe. I have intimate photos of Scott Price and his pet alpaca.

XaiaPa

brownalltheway

UPS did NOT get the # they hoped for with the first pass at the VRP so round two will be coming in October and its NOT going to be pretty. If you didn't take the first one (you fuc#$@ed up). It's clear that they want to trim the herd. So,get ready. This isn't Jim Casey's UPS. No loyalty, NO partnership, just keeping Wall Street happy. It's been a great ride for me (40 yrs) and I saw the writing on the wall so I'm off like a prom gown. Remember, it's only a movie........
Only 55% took the offer. Now they need to trim the millennials They are worthless even if they don’t have a pension

brownalltheway

I've worked in management jobs in Corporate for 20+ years. Wally is my idol. I've been able to go as long as a year and a half without doing ANY work AT ALL. This place has been awesome for me and people like me. I guess maybe not for much longer though. Most days I come in late, spend the day web surfing and shopping online and then I leave early. Sometimes I take a nap in the afternoon and I have to set an alarm on my phone to wake me up when it's time to go home. I hate traffic more than I hate work. My boss is a friend%^*ing maroon. My favorite thing about my job is opportunities to make him look bad.
I’ve seen this a lot and the hard workers get screwed. A book in the future about the going ons of UPS Corporate bull:censored2:

Glenlake55Wally

Only 55% took the offer. Now they need to trim the millennials They are worthless even if they don’t have a pension

That's probably true. If they go after people who were eligible for VRP and didn't take it they'll have more age discrimination lawsuits than they'll know what to do with. Probably a much better settlement than the :censored2:ty VRP offer.

dudebro

UPS did NOT get the # they hoped for with the first pass at the VRP so round two will be coming in October and its NOT going to be pretty. If you didn't take the first one (you fuc#$@ed up). It's clear that they want to trim the herd. So,get ready. This isn't Jim Casey's UPS. No loyalty, NO partnership, just keeping Wall Street happy. It's been a great ride for me (40 yrs) and I saw the writing on the wall so I'm off like a prom gown. Remember, it's only a movie........

I'm not sure it Has to get ugly. If they didn't get the number they wanted, they could just open it up to more people. Lower VRP for engineers and ops from 58 to 57, then 56, until they get there.

If you're a DM or manager they'll demote you and put you on nights until you quit, but if you're a sup already, night sort is all they usually choose to do.

tino1

Lol forget the age discrimination lawsuits this time it’s a matter of survival unfortunately upper management made some bad decisions and continue to do so. who gets screwed are the Middle management folks of course, I hate to say a lot of these folks that I know that didn’t take the VRP needed to

tino1

I want my date does anyone know if they are being sent out a buddy of mine got his second day air last week his last day is August 31st