Round two...

Popeye

it’s gets harder every year trying to talk common sense into upper management specifically finance who in my experience 90% of them have never been in front of OUR customers..

In a few more months there will be a lot fewer finance upper management knuckleheads to worry about. There are many with upper management titles and paychecks who don’t manage much of anything. They’ll all be gone.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I got mine on Friday. 8/31 I wish you could see me doing the happy dance !!!!!:rolleyes:
UPS offered a buyout in 2010 but I was red-circled and not included.
I was 55 and eligible.
Pissed me off to no end.
Stayed 3 years to get the equivalent compensation-wise from being red-circled ... I should have taken it as the last three years was spent with little motivation. I did whatever was in my responsibility and nothing else.

This story was told to encourage people who are leaving to take it and run.

Glenlake55Wally

UPS offered a buyout in 2010 but I was red-circled and not included.
I was 55 and eligible.
:censored2: me off to no end.
Stayed 3 years to get the equivalent compensation-wise from being red-circled ... I should have taken it as the last three years was spent with little motivation. I did whatever was in my responsibility and nothing else.

This story was told to encourage people who are leaving to take it and run.

The VRP choice is a matter of which option sucks less. The stingy second rate buyout offer or the prospect of continuing to work in a crappy job for a second rate company. I wasn’t eligible by a couple of years, so I’ll just continue to do my best to collect a paycheck without doing any work. I’ve been successful for a long time. Hopefully I can milk it for a while longer.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The VRP choice is a matter of which option sucks less. The stingy second rate buyout offer or the prospect of continuing to work in a crappy job for a second rate company. I wasn’t eligible by a couple of years, so I’ll just continue to do my best to collect a paycheck without doing any work. I’ve been successful for a long time. Hopefully I can milk it for a while longer.
I passed up the VRP offer (~2007) because it was crappy.

Popeye

Got mine my last day is August 31st thank god some sales folks got February some even got May.
I think department managers were able to decide the dates for people in their groups. The dates in Feb or May could have been deals made with people who wanted to stay longer. My department manager is a :censored2:-nozzle and would never do anyone who works in his department that kind of favor.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I really got to give it to you...With all your years in you somehow never drank that corporate Kool-Aid. Enjoy your retirement, with any luck or a miracle I will see you on the other side with mine..

Popeye

So...everyone has got their date now. What's next and when?

All the department managers are fine tuning their “transformed” org charts. The transformed org charts have many fewer little boxes on them than the current org charts. They are matching up names of current employees with the little boxes. Did you ever play musical chairs as a kid? It’s kinda like that. In the next few months the music is gonna stop. A bunch of people previously referred to as partners will be screwed.

Popeye

How meaningless will the September 13th "Transformation Conference" be?
Well, it turns out it was meaningful, but not in a good way.

upsstockprice.JPG

dudebro

I don't know how facetious this is but this is why VRPs happen. I have a few coworkers my age who aren't trying to get on the radar for anything, good or bad.

Say what you want about evil company HR partner propaganda but this attitude is not partnership either.

My attitude is I'm going to do this job to the best of my ability, until I can't or don't want to, and that day I'll either retire or look for another job.

There's no honorable middle ground to say, I'm gonna get paid but not do anything because I don't really want to work here.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
one of the best posts I have ever read on BC

Popeye

I don't know how facetious this is but this is why VRPs happen. I have a few coworkers my age who aren't trying to get on the radar for anything, good or bad.

Say what you want about evil company HR partner propaganda but this attitude is not partnership either.

My attitude is I'm going to do this job to the best of my ability, until I can't or don't want to, and that day I'll either retire or look for another job.

There's no honorable middle ground to say, I'm gonna get paid but not do anything because I don't really want to work here.

Well, over the past couple of decades UPS has changed quite a bit. Mostly, they've turned it around from a good place to stay, to a bad place to leave. By leaving early one forgoes quite a bit of money that has been earned but has been withheld by the company. This is how the pension works, and it's also how the "enhanced" MIP works. The way we "partners" have been treated by the company in recent years has been far from honorable. It works both ways.

The reason for the VRP is that inept upper management has allowed the hiring of hundreds of people to do work that is not of value to the company. The whole corporate office is full of them. These are good people doing honest work that they are directed to do. The simple fact is that a large percentage of them could just stop what they're doing and nobody would notice. The company is run buy incompetent leaders.