Round two...

Popeye

Lol forget the age discrimination lawsuits this time it’s a matter of survival unfortunately upper management made some bad decisions and continue to do so. who gets screwed are the Middle management folks of course, I hate to say a lot of these folks that I know that didn’t take the VRP needed to

I look forward anxiously to hearing the news when they start whacking senior managers, like district manager level and up. These are the a-holes who created this mess and they’ve always been protected. Doesn’t look like they will be anymore. I’ll be getting this news while enjoying my VRP supplemented retirement. Everyone who’s still around better watch your backs. Theyre as scared as cornered rats right now and they’ll throw anyone under the bus in trying to save their own sorry :censored2:.

Popeye

I'm not sure it Has to get ugly. If they didn't get the number they wanted, they could just open it up to more people. Lower VRP for engineers and ops from 58 to 57, then 56, until they get there.

If you're a DM or manager they'll demote you and put you on nights until you quit, but if you're a sup already, night sort is all they usually choose to do.

They are targeting specific groups. In groups where they still have more people than the new plans call for, they will target specific people. Once they start canning people, the ones who they value and want to keep will start quitting when they’re forced to pick up the extra work from those who have left. I’m hearing that in Marketing and a few friend&A groups there won’t be anything left but a smoking crater.

DieHardUPSER

They are targeting specific groups. In groups where they still have more people than the new plans call for, they will target specific people. Once they start canning people, the ones who they value and want to keep will start quitting when they’re forced to pick up the extra work from those who have left. I’m hearing that in Marketing and a few friend&A groups there won’t be anything left but a smoking crater.

How about the other support groups like HR, Procurement and others?

Popeye

Anyone notice more cops around the entrances to Corporate lately? We must be inching closer to "Transformation Day". I'm guessing that when the big day arrives, there will be a fire drill in the building. Once everyone is outside in the parking decks, 35% of them will have their badges turned off. Done. Mission Accomplished! Pro Tip: If there's a fire drill, bring all your stuff with you and bring your car keys.

tino1

I would think if there is a round 2 you that one will be a little more hostile, this one I think most folks just want their date

Popeye

I would think if there is a round 2 you that one will be a little more hostile, this one I think most folks just want their date
I don’t think there’s any doubt there will be lot of involuntary departures coming very soon.

tino1

I hope the dates go out this week so we can move on, I know one person that received his via 2 day letter that was 3 weeks ago. The notifications need to be out by the 31st I hope it’s this week and they don’t wait till the last day. After 39 years it’s time to move on it’s gets harder every year trying to talk common sense into upper management specifically finance who in my experience 90% of them have never been in front of OUR customers..

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've worked in management jobs in Corporate for 20+ years. Wally is my idol. I've been able to go as long as a year and a half without doing ANY work AT ALL. This place has been awesome for me and people like me. I guess maybe not for much longer though. Most days I come in late, spend the day web surfing and shopping online and then I leave early. Sometimes I take a nap in the afternoon and I have to set an alarm on my phone to wake me up when it's time to go home. I hate traffic more than I hate work. My boss is a friend%^*ing maroon. My favorite thing about my job is opportunities to make him look bad.
AE586778-D4C4-48B7-BEA1-88C019B72590.gif

Necropostophiliac

Anyone notice more cops around the entrances to Corporate lately? We must be inching closer to "Transformation Day". I'm guessing that when the big day arrives, there will be a fire drill in the building. Once everyone is outside in the parking decks, 35% of them will have their badges turned off. Done. Mission Accomplished! Pro Tip: If there's a fire drill, bring all your stuff with you and bring your car keys.
Funny ("Fire Drill"), but then again, it is not.

I am not management, but admin. So no offer for me.
I know and talked with many in building 35 and 55 over the years.
I am 8 days out from retirement. I bailed. By 8 days, I mean I submitted
my request almost 90 days ago, and was awarded retirement for end of this month.

In my work area and my external contacts, many management got the "letter" or offer.

A lot of knowledge for systems and process is going out the door. Very sad.
Some of them are no loss. But some have knowledge and experience that
just cannot be replaced.

But I sensed it was time to go myself, while the getting is good.

I agree that the next round will not be nice.
Just like after the first round was great for some 7 to 10 years ago (the exact date eludes me, then later, others got reduced to sup or a lower management level.

I heard that those who did not take this rounds offer were warned in a nice way
that this was an offer you did not want to refuse.

It most likely will be not well for most that wanted to tough it out and not take the offer.

The term partner is now a dead word.

Last edited:

oldbrownguy

Mine reads u will be notified by the 31st
Correct, but isn't a "stamped date" the same as notification? Its like the law says you have to get your W2 by a certain date, but they always come in the mail later than that date. I hope we hear TODAY, but my sources are saying differently.

Funny ("Fire Drill"), but then again, it is not.

I am not management, but admin. So no offer for me.
I know and talked with many in building 35 and 55 over the years.
I am 8 days out from retirement. I bailed. By 8 days, I mean I submitted
my request almost 90 days ago, and was awarded retirement for end of this month.

In my work area and my external contacts, many management got the "letter" or offer.

A lot of knowledge for systems and process is going out the door. Very sad.
Some of them are no loss. But some have knowledge and experience that
just cannot be replaced.

But I sensed it was time to go myself, while the getting is good.

I agree that the next round will not be nice.
Just like after the first round was great for some 7 to 10 years ago (the exact date eludes me, then later, others got reduced to sup or a lower management level.

I heard that those who did not take this rounds offer were warned in a nice way
that this was an offer you did not want to refuse.

It most likely will be not well for most that wanted to tough it out and not take the offer.

Hey stranger.
Congratulations on retirement

Popeye

The people who will get the worst screwing are the ones who are close to being eligible to retire. If they get sacked they lose most of their pension. Say someone is 52 years old and has been with the company for 30 years. If they’re shown the door they lose about 60% of the pension that they’ve already earned and their retirement medical benefits. This would amount to UPS stealing their money in my opinion. Just like they steal RSUs from anyone who leaves before retirement age. It’s money you’ve earned, and they just plain steal it. But stealing from employees pretties up the balance sheet nicely. The company is run by scumbags and has been for quite a while now. I cannot wait to get my VRP date and GTF outta there!

tino1

I re read the packet mine says I will be notified by email by the 31st , so I guess they may wait to the 31st and fire off an email

Glenlake55Wally

I wish Was eligible for VRP but I’m not old enough. This place isn’t as great as it used to be. Some jackwad scheduled a meeting I have to attend for an hour on Fri afternoon. I usually stream a Netflix movie on my phone every Fri afternoon and now I won’t be able to.

Popeye

I wish Was eligible for VRP but I’m not old enough. This place isn’t as great as it used to be. Some jackwad scheduled a meeting I have to attend for an hour on Fri afternoon. I usually stream a Netflix movie on my phone every Fri afternoon and now I won’t be able to.
I re read the packet mine says I will be notified by email by the 31st , so I guess they may wait to the 31st and fire off an email

I heard from a few people who got their VRP dates today from their managers. I'm still waiting for mine.

Last edited by a moderator: