RPCD/gumshoe

Whither

Scofflaw
Yesterday I had a driver follow up for an address I delivered to earlier in the week, contents of the pkg valued a little over $100. Was annoyed because 1. I don't misdeliver pkgs or make poor DR choices 2. I remembered delivering this pkg, had to fight the DR bag because it was so windy. Of course the sheet with data from the board indicated I had delivered to the correct address.

Well, on arriving what did I see while walking up the drive but an empty box with a UPS label that had spilled out of the customer's trash can next to their garage! Took a closer look and -- OPE! -- it was the same tracking # as the 'missing' pkg haha! Snapped a few photos, including a close up of the label. Then I knocked, and once the customer answered I led with my discovery. I got the signature 'package received' in no time. :wink-very:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yesterday I had a driver follow up for an address I delivered to earlier in the week, contents of the pkg valued a little over $100. Was annoyed because 1. I don't misdeliver pkgs or make poor DR choices 2. I remembered delivering this pkg, had to fight the DR bag because it was so windy. Of course the sheet with data from the board indicated I had delivered to the correct address.

Well, on arriving what did I see while walking up the drive but an empty box with a UPS label that had spilled out of the customer's trash can next to their garage! Took a closer look and -- OPE! -- it was the same tracking # as the 'missing' pkg haha! Snapped a few photos, including a close up of the label. Then I knocked, and once the customer answered I led with my discovery. I got the signature 'package received' in no time. :wink-very:
People sure are stupid, aren’t they?

quad decade guy

Are they(customer) normally dishonest?

Whither

Scofflaw
Curious.....why do you think this happened? Serious question. What was the value of the item and what was it?
If you had read my post you might have noticed I mentioned the value. :wink2: As for why, well, they say the simplest explanation is usually the best.

Curious.....are you once again fishing for a reason to find fault with a fellow Teamster's work?

quad decade guy

If you had read my post you might have noticed I mentioned the value. :wink2: As for why, well, they say the simplest explanation is usually the best.

Curious.....are you once again fishing for a reason to find fault with a fellow Teamster's work?
Simplest. Ok. And that is? My simplest and yours can very wildly.

Fishing? I could give a big crap.

BTW, you sure are projecting......a bunch. I believe your story. It is a bit odd? Yes?

What is a "little over $100" btw?(yeah I noticed)

Btw, this customer suddenly decides to steal? You don't find that a bit odd? Never has before.....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

These people don't have object permanence before/after ordering/recieving is the simplest answer. Followed shortly afterwords by the shipper clicking dumb buttons and legitimate fraud.

Quad Decade's world is full of danger.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had similar things happen to me. I would usually ask them if they had reported it to Law Enforcement because it was theft from interstate freight and was a felony. If they said no they hadn't I would say lets do it right now. Most of the time they would just say forget about it and sign that everything was ok.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Probably some obtuse BS artist that never rose about the extreme lowest rung on the Corporate ladder. Hung there for Quad Deccines raking in the "big bucks"....Those are the cheats, thieves and Liars out (in) there/here...

quad decade guy

These people don't have object permanence before/after ordering/recieving is the simplest answer. Followed shortly afterwords by the shipper clicking dumb buttons and legitimate fraud.

Quad Decade's world is full of danger.
Oh? Please back up your statement. I haven't asserted so. You've smeared me. Let's see it.

quad decade guy

Probably some obtuse BS artist that never rose about the extreme lowest rung on the Corporate ladder. Hung there for Quad Deccines raking in the "big bucks"....Those are the cheats, thieves and Liars out (in) there/here...
Passive agressive....

So, you've attempted to somehow smear me.

Proof please.

Don't be a backstabbing little girl......