RPCD/gumshoe

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Driver sup always suggested asking customer if they had filed a police report about the theft of their package. He, also, gave us permission to "lie" to the customer and tell them if box was not received that I would have to pay for it. Miraculously, after hearing these two "facts" customers suddenly discovered their box.
That’s my go to. I say something along the lines of “well we’ll send the GPS report to the police so they can start their investigation”

JustDeliverIt

Whenever I did a follow-up I did just what I had to. I attempted every one I got but it was a knock and NI1, 2 or 3. If they were home, just sign under received or not please. I'm not an investigator, there is a loss prevention department if management is that concerned about the item. I'm here to leave your package in a safe place and move on. They think it's worth it to get a t-shirt or two for free and then have to deal with never having their stuff delivered again, that's on them.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Yesterday I had a driver follow up for an address I delivered to earlier in the week, contents of the pkg valued a little over $100. Was annoyed because 1. I don't misdeliver pkgs or make poor DR choices 2. I remembered delivering this pkg, had to fight the DR bag because it was so windy. Of course the sheet with data from the board indicated I had delivered to the correct address.

Well, on arriving what did I see while walking up the drive but an empty box with a UPS label that had spilled out of the customer's trash can next to their garage! Took a closer look and -- OPE! -- it was the same tracking # as the 'missing' pkg haha! Snapped a few photos, including a close up of the label. Then I knocked, and once the customer answered I led with my discovery. I got the signature 'package received' in no time. :wink-very:
Same thing happened to me years ago ,, 100 lb nordtrak machine , empty box in trash , customer still denied receiving it , no cell phone back then , I tore label off package and showed the center manager, these idiots still paid the claim ,, that's the day I stopped caring !!

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Yesterday I had a driver follow up for an address I delivered to earlier in the week, contents of the pkg valued a little over $100. Was annoyed because 1. I don't misdeliver pkgs or make poor DR choices 2. I remembered delivering this pkg, had to fight the DR bag because it was so windy. Of course the sheet with data from the board indicated I had delivered to the correct address.

Well, on arriving what did I see while walking up the drive but an empty box with a UPS label that had spilled out of the customer's trash can next to their garage! Took a closer look and -- OPE! -- it was the same tracking # as the 'missing' pkg haha! Snapped a few photos, including a close up of the label. Then I knocked, and once the customer answered I led with my discovery. I got the signature 'package received' in no time. :wink-very:
Well now they get to enjoy a permanent signature required for any pkg. idiots...