Rules on fighting??

drewed

Shankman
The true sound advice is from Brownsuit

keep your hands open

seperate yourself from the other person

be obnoxisouly loud with "I dont want to fight you" type thing

chester farmer

Somebody needs to give you a few punches to the face. You brake up a fight then you continue on like nothing happened. You don't get your sup you **********!!!! You might as well turn in your sup letter your a marked man now RAT!!!!!!!:cursing:
Thats pretty funny. This is ups. Not Ny 1920's. Mob Style. Like I said before I am not a fighter. Not because I am a panzy just because I am not an inbred caveman who lacks brain cells and thinks the fist or calling names will resolve anything. If I am a marked man then I am. But you touch me at Ups you lose your job. You guys are amazing though. Hardcore to say the least. At the end of the day your zeal gets you what? nothing! Your a mechanic. wooheee. everyone quiet the mechanic wants to blow some steam. Now that you feel better perhaps you can explain to the rest of the rats out here how you would have handled it. Lets take it one step farther. Lets say you have kids and oddly enough have been able to stay married with your apparant temper. Some bully beats your kid on the playground and he comes home all beat up. I am sure your first reaction will be to make sure he didnt tell anyone right. Good grieve God forbid there be consequences for ones actions. Although odds are your kids probally the headed no-where bully who beats up others and is in detention after school and has fatherly input only on the weekends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
on ups property you dont touch the guy,if he is that hot to go a round or two with ya you set a time and place off of property and out of uniform and there will be nothing brown can do!! then you will see if the other guy walks the walk

bears2

1st off ive seen several fights and verbal altercations in my 22 years at ups and this is how it works. Both parties will be fired and human resources/security/management do this by making clear that both parties at one point said something sarcastic to the other.nobody just walks up and strikes someone without words being spoken at somepoint.just calling someone lazy is enuff to warrant harrassment. ive seen 2 guys jawing before an one hit the other and the "victim" never touched the hitter but was fired for harrasment.both were hired back within the week.
2ndly.if you were breaking up a jam and saw the scuffle and jumped in and called for a full-time sup....break it up and move on. not your business to call on a fulltime sup

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Learning self defense is the best way to avoid a fight. If someone swings at you, swinging back is not self defense, it's engaging. All I can gather here is that alot of people don't understand the concept of self defense and methods of how to do so.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
the subject matter is rules on fighting

#1 only a fool gets into a fight when he knows he will be the loser. and that includes ending up unemployed

#2 dont put youself in positions where coming out swinging is the only way out

#3 God created most with a brain. use it ten times before you swing once. very few times will it ever be worth getting fired over

that being said, there will be times where the agressor will not be placated by just getting to look tough, and he will lash out. when that happens, protect yourself at all times without being agressive yourself. lots of things you can do to keep from being pummeled.

brown, i agree 100% with your post, but i have a question for you or other managers.

how is it in mooses case that management has the admission of the driver, but yet makes moose out to be the bad guy by making him decide what happens next??????? what the heck is management thinking? if moose does nothing, then they are off the hook? or if he says take action, then a case could be made that moose "was responsible" for the driver getting fired.

the whole idea of the rules ups has to protect employees form others is just that. instead, you put him in harms way even further, regardless.

again, management lacks the balls to do what is right, and the resonsibility rests on the victim, again.

d

dragracer66

Thats pretty funny. This is ups. Not Ny 1920's. Mob Style. Like I said before I am not a fighter. Not because I am a panzy just because I am not an inbred caveman who lacks brain cells and thinks the fist or calling names will resolve anything. If I am a marked man then I am. But you touch me at Ups you lose your job. You guys are amazing though. Hardcore to say the least. At the end of the day your zeal gets you what? nothing! Your a mechanic. wooheee. everyone quiet the mechanic wants to blow some steam. Now that you feel better perhaps you can explain to the rest of the rats out here how you would have handled it. Lets take it one step farther. Lets say you have kids and oddly enough have been able to stay married with your apparant temper. Some bully beats your kid on the playground and he comes home all beat up. I am sure your first reaction will be to make sure he didnt tell anyone right. Good grieve God forbid there be consequences for ones actions. Although odds are your kids probally the headed no-where bully who beats up others and is in detention after school and has fatherly input only on the weekends.
Without adressing all of the dribble that you wrote here's how I would have handled it. I would have broken it up and both employees would have gone back to work and we would have delt with it after the shift. Been there done that. You on the other hand are a union employee and as a union employee you NEVER EVER!!!! rat on another union employee. You got 2 people fired and they most likely won't be back under the zero tolerace policy I hope your happy, I only hope somebody returns the favor to you. If your so proud of what you did you need to put your name on here and what building you work at so your fellow workers can thank you for being such a stand up union scab!!!! Oh by the way how do you hide your tail and wiskers while your at work RAT!!!!!

sano

Without adressing all of the dribble that you wrote here's how I would have handled it. I would have broken it up and both employees would have gone back to work and we would have delt with it after the shift. Been there done that. You on the other hand are a union employee and as a union employee you NEVER EVER!!!! rat on another union employee. You got 2 people fired and they most likely won't be back under the zero tolerace policy I hope your happy, I only hope somebody returns the favor to you. If your so proud of what you did you need to put your name on here and what building you work so your fellow workers can thank you for being such a stand up union scab!!!! Oh by the way how do you hide your tail and wiskers while your at work RAT!!!!!

How far would you take this? Is there any situation where reporting a "brother" to management or the law is ok?

drewed

Shankman
Without adressing all of the dribble that you wrote here's how I would have handled it. I would have broken it up and both employees would have gone back to work and we would have delt with it after the shift. Been there done that. You on the other hand are a union employee and as a union employee you NEVER EVER!!!! rat on another union employee. You got 2 people fired and they most likely won't be back under the zero tolerace policy I hope your happy, I only hope somebody returns the favor to you. If your so proud of what you did you need to put your name on here and what building you work at so your fellow workers can thank you for being such a stand up union scab!!!! Oh by the way how do you hide your tail and wiskers while your at work RAT!!!!!

its idiotic thinking that gets people seriously hurt, costs the company money and gets you no COLA and split raises

chester farmer

How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?
enough to know better. I wasnt raised right but decided to do the right thing and make good choices. As a firefighter I restrained a couple drunks , tackled some guy beating his girl and tackled some dude who was beating on an unconscious guy when we arrived in the ambulance. Like I said I have never been in a fight. By that I mean fist fight. I am not a turn and run kind of guy I just can typically talk somebody down. I guess what I know is I posses more self control then a bunch of people. Also I have to prove nothing to nobody about how tough I am or whatever so beating someone up gets me no where. If someone is having a hardass competetion I would be happy to nominate my father in law. There is not a single person on this planet that I know pound for pound is tougher. He is 6ft. Was a golden gloves boxer before joining the military. He saw lots of combat in the airborne and is a pagan motorcyle club guy. Dont no to many people who dont fear him including the cops. My wife thinks its funny that the guy who everyone is afraid of used to strum her to sleep at night playing on his guitar. At the end of the day being tough gets you nothing and your just as empty inside as everyone else.

chester farmer

funny guy you. At one point I would have been happy to. Not a chance with some hot fuzz yarp dude like you running around. Got a wife and family to think of. Funny how you keep saying rat. Must be your fetish on the weekends. As far as fellow workers I have no problem with any of them. I will be interested to see what the union steward has to say when I discuss it with him. How he would have handled it. I am sure similar to how I did. He was standing 50 feet away when it happen. Perhaps he would have done different but I doubt it. I guess if being called a rat by some guy is the worst I have to deal with I can live with that. By the way I never knew this union thing was so strong at UPS. You know I used to go to my brother firefighters funerals and stuff like that. Guys I didnt know from 200 miles away. 9/11 we took a rescue up to NY and covered for them. went to funerals and such. I could walk into many any firehouses in the east coast and sleep for the night. I stop at firehouses when I am on vacation to look at there :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: and see whats up in there area. Want to go away for the weekend call up a out of town firehouse and go stay there. only certain ones but you get to know guys everywhere. You meet guys at a funeral 150 miles from home and 3 months later you spend a weekend there and are up to your butt in fire just trying to survive and smiling when its over. So do you mechanics go to funerals in your uniforms or what. Ever go for some dudes funeral from a hub 100 miles away you never heard of just because he was your brother. doubt it. You only throw the word around. Your a disgrace to real unions everywhere.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
a union employee and as a union employee
drag

where does he state he works for the union?

the way he posted, he works for ups, not the union, and as such is bound by rules. he is not a union employee, he is a ups employee that is a member of the union, a big difference.

he followed the rules, something the other two did not.

if they lose thier jobs, its their fault for being stupid, not his.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Drag

The 'rat' is the Teamster that crosses a picket line. The 'rat' is the Teamster that doesn't protect a fellow Teamster from harm.

Those 2 'Teamsters' (and I say that loosely, extremely loosely) lost their own jobs from a serious lack of morals and ethics and your opinion of what a 'rat' is does not supercede Federal, State and Local laws nor does it supercede company policy.

And you have no right to threaten or harass anyone, not in here (BC) or on the job.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Is there not one thread here that is not overly complicated? This is simple;

There is (was?) a book out years back called "I learned everything I needed to know in kindergarden"

Mind your own business and don't be a tattletale were two of the chapters. Two guys want to be stupid & duke it out, as long as it is not affecting me or someone powerless who may get hurt, I keep working. Maybe even watch.

To turn it into a union brother against brother mini-series is silly. Don't be a tattle tale. Nobody likes a tattletale.

chester farmer

Well let's just hope you don't have to call on our disgrace of a union to save your job sometime
I am Not nor would I call any union a disgrace. Simply those who choose to hold its banner up to defend or turn a blind eye to there stupidity. I will not try to explain it but if you dont get it you dont get it and that is what is wrong with America Today. As a union employee I had a misload problem. I was given a warning letter from my full-time sup. The stewart began making excuses for me and started suggesting I was moved to much or not trained. I stopped him mid sentence. No excuses- I need to get my head out of my *ss and pay attention to what I am doing. All my misloads are aftre lunch and most certainly from picking boxes off floor that fell from other rollerlines. Problem solved. My frequency skyrocketed from there as it was a good wake up call for me. If I need someone to defend my job 9-out of 10 times I dont deserve it. Its funny you call tattletale when your waiting for daddy to fight your battles for you. Again not a union slam just think alot of people have missed the point. It used to insure fair pay and fair play. Also trained people to certain levels and made sure quality was to a certain standard. I dont see that alot here. It is a big swirling stew pot fighting off management because its brewing up some scheme and playing babysitter for the misbehaving kids. Imagine how much more the union could do for you guys if you followed the rules and let stewarts try and get you more and what you deserve rather then being kept busy holding hearings because johnny cant play nice with others.

dragracer66

First things first its steward not stewart. Secondly perhaps I was to harsh on you for calling you a rat and I do appolgize for that. But being a steward myself it just fries my butt to hear a union employee who witness a fight would actually notify a supervisor about it. I don't know how much time you have with parcel but as time goes by you will understand my postion on this matter I myself am a 21 year employee and have been a steward for 19 of them. What your steward did for you was what I would have done if put in the same postion. Its a stewards job to make sure the contract is followed just like we have to abide by company rules. Believe me there are lot of times I have to defend somebody who just doesn't to follow the rules but you have to defend everybody. Bottom line I guess is if I saw a fight I would have broke it up and if no sups saw it I would have delt with both guy's after the shift outside. I'm not saying them fighting was the smartest thing they could have done but notifing management would have not been an option for me.....