brownIEman

How hard is it to create software that doesn't even allow for surepost labels to be created for over 10 lbs.

Don't know I would have to see the code. I would imagine it would not be hard at all.
But how would that help if the customer just tells the system that the package only weighs 4?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't know I would have to see the code. I would imagine it would not be hard at all.
But how would that help if the customer just tells the system that the package only weighs 4?

It wouldn't but I see way more with 10+ lbs listed than ones marked blatantly lower

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
My first stop every morning is the Post Office... I'm there every morning within 10 minutes of leaving the building... I back up to a dock, honking my horn while backing... get up against the dock, go around to the back of the truck, and ring the buzzer button on the wall... its a loud buzzer I can hear it going off from outside... So I push the buzzer, open the back door on my truck and it's bricked back to front... 400 - 600 pcs a day on that truck...
I grab a mail bag, scan it, stack it on the dock ledge against the overhead door, and repeat... scan, grab, stack, scan, grab, scan, grab, stack... After a couple minutes of the door not coming up, I reach around and push the buzzer again... go back to scanning... stacking... ring buzzer again... scan, stack, scan, stack... buzzer again... the stop finally zeros out on my Diad, I've been here now for almost 25 min. I have this behemoth wall of boxes stacked up 8 feet high, 10 feet wide, 3 to 4 rows deep... Get in my truck drive around to the front of the post office, go in and find a couple girls on there computer playing on facebook... they see me, one of them sticks there hands out to sign the board, I tell them no one ever came to open the back door, they tell me 'yeah we're short handed today', I get the signature and leave...

4 hrs later I get ODS'd to come to the bldg immediately... So I do and I walk in the office, and get met by this lady who I'm told is the 'post master'... she has a picture of my wall of boxes there on the door, and I get asked if I did that today... I agreed that yes that was me today and she went off on me how it's not secured and anyone could drive up and steal everything, and so on... I keep telling her that no one ever came to open the door up...

Center manager is gone to another building... On road supervisor was on car with another driver today... So it's just me, the office secretary, and the 'post master' in the room talking... So I dont know what will happen to me tomorrow when I show up for work...

I really cant even start my route until I get the post office out of the way and free up some room... so what do I do... sheet 147 boxes as closed??? obviously that would get me in trouble plus I'd have that much more work the next day

Can I be fired for this today? Was I in the wrong? I mean it's not perfect service, but given the circumstances I felt I did what was best given the situation... The secretary told me I left everything unsecured and that was wrong, and that I should have walked around to the front to get someone... So I reminded her that if I did that I'd still be leaving everything unsecured... she thought for a second and agreed that it would be... so now what... take everything i've scanned and stacked up and put it all back into the truck, close the truck up, walk around to the front of the bldg get someone to open the door, then go back around and open the truck back up and start unloading again???
eff em

rod

Retired 22 years
As to this, I think you have me confused with @TearsInRain. I have not personally browned up in 2 years.
But I can tell you with absolute confidence that were I to brown up, there would be no overallowed. I could
run any route in the country absolutely scratch.
I would bet that TearsinRain could as well.
and that would make the score 2 for us and 0 for you, or put another way, your score would be coded 0-2.

(see what I did there, code zero-2, get it?) :laugh:

542thruNthru

I don't think Rod gets it...:sad-little:

Don't worry he's old. He doesn't get much anymore. Like a erection. ;)
OohBurn.gif

clean hairy

First thing when you get there, go in the lobby.
"Is there anyone in the back to accept my delivery?" "If not, I will have to bring them all in here"

LeddySS98

So I did not have to go upstairs this morning...
I got with my preloader and told him not to gut load the truck, just to leave the extra PO under the belt...
left the building, ran all my business, swung by building loaded up the rest of the post office...went over to the post office (2:55), backed up, honked... pushed the buzzer, opened the back door of the truck... after a minute I started typing a ODS message... 'plz call post master and tell her I need the back door to be opened' 12 minutes later I hear a phone ring inside the bldg... then a voice over the loud speaker... and then another 7 min. later the door starts coming up, and I start scanning... scanned everything, put it in the bins, and got a signature and left (3:32)

The two postal employees asked why I was so late getting there... and I simply told them that I had met with the post master yesterday and she told me that they are short handed in the mornings... So I'm gonna start coming later in the afternoons... = )

UnconTROLLed

perfection
First thing when you get there, go in the lobby.
"Is there anyone in the back to accept my delivery?" "If not, I will have to bring them all in here"
Depends upon the PO. The one local to our building, and a few others I've delivered to, you back into one of the feeder lanes, walk around and ring bell/buzzer. They don't allow you inside easily. Recently (2014?) I had a gig which was mostly inside, but also DOT shuttle; around my 8th hour, I drove one whole quarter mile to the P.O. and c.c., delivering all of the post office missorts, from drop shippers who mix in USPS and UPS.

I did try that "stack" thing once - they quickly got the message and ever since that time ( I had maybe 30-50 pcs. along the overhead door and maybe 50-70 more in the p700), there was never an issue. But I have found over the years, that UPS and USPS do butt heads and that was a good example that I learned from.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I forgot to add....since you are a Ups driver, you are always in the wrong if there is a problem or complaint. Management almost never sticks up for the drivers!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So I did not have to go upstairs this morning...
I got with my preloader and told him not to gut load the truck, just to leave the extra PO under the belt...
left the building, ran all my business, swung by building loaded up the rest of the post office...went over to the post office (2:55), backed up, honked... pushed the buzzer, opened the back door of the truck... after a minute I started typing a ODS message... 'plz call post master and tell her I need the back door to be opened' 12 minutes later I hear a phone ring inside the bldg... then a voice over the loud speaker... and then another 7 min. later the door starts coming up, and I start scanning... scanned everything, put it in the bins, and got a signature and left (3:32)

The two postal employees asked why I was so late getting there... and I simply told them that I had met with the post master yesterday and she told me that they are short handed in the mornings... So I'm gonna start coming later in the afternoons... = )

You spent 37 minutes waiting for a signature? Ring buzzer, wait 3-5 minutes, leave info notice. Try again tomorrow. Sounds like the customer has you trained and not the other way around.