BlackCat

um, no.
That would not be the worst case scenario.

But you are clearly in the 'took r jobs!' misguided world view of what
surepost actually is so I doubt there is any point in telling you the truth.

Please fill me in..

PS. You forgot to answer on how you did with your over allowed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I remember correctly, the last time I did post office, I could not CIR the stop and had to get a signature.
Right it's a special deal for the post office. We can DR any shipper release at any other address.

Don't get me started on the CIR software. It's a joke. I have to use the touch screen or touch 3 extra buttons and I have to get a signature at commercial stops with surepost packages now.

So you're telling me I can DR the packages but I can't CIR them. Yeah great work on that software. Smh

OrionsBitch

Not...
I would have reminded that Post Master that your taxes pay her Salary and that she is not doing the her job. I then would have reminded her that the post office loses billions of dollars every year while UPS makes billions.

Brownslave688

I would have reminded that Post Master that your taxes pay her Salary and that she is not doing the her job. I then would have reminded her that the post office loses billions of dollars every year while UPS makes billions.
And she would of reminded you that you have no idea what you're talking about

brownIEman

Please fill me in..

OK. Worst case scenario would probably be USPS sues UPS for millions over breach of contract,
and then cancels the Surepost program altogether whereupon the vast majority of the surepost
volume and the regular ground and premium UPS volume that Surepost helps to anchor flees to
our competitors.

Here is an article written by a sure post customer supporting my point if you are interested :
Pros and Cons of UPS SurePost, FedEx SmartPost

The salient point of the article is this -
"SurePost and SmartPost are available to businesses that ship at least 50 packages per week. In my ecommerce business, I found this volume requirement easy to meet by shifting from USPS Parcel Post and Priority Mail to UPS SurePost."

Note the shift to Surepost from packages that had been given directly to the post office. Shut off Surepost and they, like most Surepost customers, would just shift back or use FDX Smartpost.

brownIEman

Please fill me in..

As to this, I think you have me confused with @TearsInRain. I have not personally browned up in 2 years.
But I can tell you with absolute confidence that were I to brown up, there would be no overallowed. I could
run any route in the country absolutely scratch. I would bet that TearsinRain could as well.
and that would make the score 2 for us and 0 for you, or put another way, your score would be coded 0-2.

(see what I did there, code zero-2, get it?) :laugh:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK. Worst case scenario would probably be USPS sues UPS for millions over breach of contract,
and then cancels the Surepost program altogether whereupon the vast majority of the surepost
volume and the regular ground and premium UPS volume that Surepost helps to anchor flees to
our competitors.

Here is an article written by a sure post customer supporting my point if you are interested :
Pros and Cons of UPS SurePost, FedEx SmartPost

The salient point of the article is this -
"SurePost and SmartPost are available to businesses that ship at least 50 packages per week. In my ecommerce business, I found this volume requirement easy to meet by shifting from USPS Parcel Post and Priority Mail to UPS SurePost."

Note the shift to Surepost from packages that had been given directly to the post office. Shut off Surepost and they, like most Surepost customers, would just shift back or use FDX Smartpost.

The next time you are at your local Target swing by their shipping area and you can see for yourself why they are one of the biggest abusers of our Surepost size and weight restrictions.

brownIEman

The next time you are at your local Target swing by their shipping area and you can see for yourself why they are one of the biggest abusers of our Surepost size and weight restrictions.

That is a whole other can of worms. Yes, we should be better at enforcing the size and weight restrictions. But if we push too hard big customers like Target can threaten to divert volume to FDX and Smartpost...

Brownslave688

That is a whole other can of worms. Yes, we should be better at enforcing the size and weight restrictions. But if we push too hard big customers like Target can threaten to divert volume to FDX and Smartpost...
How hard is it to create software that doesn't even allow for surepost labels to be created for over 10 lbs.