Rumor floating around, raises pushed back to April 2020

Oldfart

He doesn’t know anything. He just likes to try to make people believe he knows things when in reality, he’s simply clueless.
I am not the person that complained about the lack of information on the buyouts. I have heard nothing about a delay in the 2019 raise.

How about backing up your statements with some facts.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am not the person that complained about the lack of information on the buyouts. I have heard nothing about a delay in the 2019 raise.

How about backing up your statements with some facts.
Or how about you backing up YOUR statements with some fact. The only place I’ve heard about a delay in the 2019 was with the OP of this thread. Surely you’ve figured that out for yourself.

As far as the lack of information about buyouts, how can I back that up with missing information? It might be time for you to put the alcohol down for the night. You’re talking even more nonsensical than normal.

Oldfart

Or how about you backing up YOUR statements with some fact. The only place I’ve heard about a delay in the 2019 was with the OP of this thread. Surely you’ve figured that out for yourself.

As far as the lack of information about buyouts, how can I back that up with missing information? It might be time for you to put the alcohol down for the night. You’re talking even more nonsensical than normal.
Missing information? The home page of the Intranet had several pages of information and a Q & A section on the buyouts. What did it not explain? Let me rephrase. What did you not understand? Besides, it doesn't pertain to us. Why don't you ask the CSA you said was told they were eligible for the buyout. LOL

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Missing information? The home page of the Intranet had several pages of information and a Q & A section on the buyouts. What did it not explain? Let me rephrase. What did you not understand? Besides, it doesn't pertain to us. Why don't you ask the CSA you said was told they were eligible for the buyout. LOL
Because he doesn’t work at my station and I haven’t seen him in maybe three years! Okay, I was bored tonight but the boredom has worn off. Thanks. Have a great evening. I don’t feel like playing this game with you anymore.

Oldfart

It might be time for you to put the alcohol down for the night. You’re talking even more nonsensical than normal.
While most of you are freezing to death in the cold, I am hanging out in Daytona enjoying the mild weather and enjoying the races. No alcohol for me, just enjoying the 4 day weekend and waiting to get back here next week for the big weekend.

Oldfart

Because he doesn’t work at my station and I haven’t seen him in maybe three years! Okay, I was bored tonight but the boredom has worn off. Thanks. Have a great evening. I don’t feel like playing this game with you anymore.
How did he tell you he was told he was eligible for the buyout then?

Did I catch you again? LOL

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That has a modicum of believability in that it’s the perfect vehicle for reducing your workforce without a buyout and maintaining your ‘never a layoff’ fantasy.

Oldfart

That has a modicum of believability in that it’s the perfect vehicle for reducing your workforce without a buyout and maintaining your ‘never a layoff’ fantasy.
So the company is short of couriers and you suggest they are gonna delay the raises so people will quit instead of laying them off. Interesting.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So the company is short of couriers and you suggest they are gonna delay the raises so people will quit instead of laying them off. Interesting.
I realize I'm arguing a wildly speculative scenario, but you should contemplate what a mass exodus of topped out employees who are replaced with starting pay newbies would entail. With a $10-12 differential per hour and the mighty ROADS system making it all possible, and Amazon now publicly stating that it is entering into direct competition, it sounds like the perfect situation for Memphis to take a desperate gamble like this.

Or not.

Oldfart

I realize I'm arguing a wildly speculative scenario, but you should contemplate what a mass exodus of topped out employees who are replaced with starting pay newbies would entail. With a $10-12 differential per hour and the mighty ROADS system making it all possible, and Amazon now publicly stating that it is entering into direct competition, it sounds like the perfect situation for Memphis to take a desperate gamble like this.

Or not.
Considering the difficulty the company has now in hiring couriers, I doubt they would intentionally run off couriers just to get lower paid replacements.