Rumor floating around, raises pushed back to April 2020

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
1) It's a bit of a stretch to see an issue at your station and assume that it's the case for the entire country.

2) Cactus is making the claim, and he no longer works for the company
There’s couriers from all over the country posting on here about habitual late freight. Or do you just ignore that? Or did Fred tell you differently?

!Retired!

start pt and wait for a ft position to open and at the starting rate of pay.
PT an FT couriers start at the same rate. I used to know (new SM won't allow it) some PT couriers that got more hours than FT drivers.
Something is better than nothing. Lol.
Not always. I'd rather suck up 30 stops at the station, than think I'm done....only to have to go help someone.

No one but van cares.
I care...
There’s couriers from all over the country posting on here about habitual late freight. Or do you just ignore that? Or did Fred tell you differently?
We've had late freight, but not late enough to affect our sort or service commits.

dezguy

PT an FT couriers start at the same rate. I used to know (new SM won't allow it) some PT couriers that got more hours than FT drivers.
What I am saying is people don't want to wait for ft. They want ft employment immediately and are willing to take a bit less than what FedEx starts at, rather than accepting pt and hoping an ft position opens up quickly.

!Retired!

What I am saying is people don't want to wait for ft. They want ft employment immediately and are willing to take a bit less than what FedEx starts at, rather than accepting pt and hoping an ft position opens up quickly.
Understood. When I was first offered a job with FedEx, they offered me FT PM or PT AM. I thought 'Hey, FT gets more hours, I'll take the PM'. I was wrong in that case. But, it helped me get a FT AM route quicker than someone hired PT before me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

You're suggesting that the remarks made by a half-dozen or so people are representative of the HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of Express stations.

SmithBarney

They’re doing a much worse job with the new hires. A guy at my station was hired as a PT PM courier. He couldn’t cut it so they made him Tues-Sat FO with a Saturday route. He can’t cut it with the Saturday route either. lol.

Sounds like an excellent candidate for Management... sign him up.

Oldfart

The same reason they don't get rid of many other couriers that underperform daily... you tell us...
Can't hire enough for open positions now. How are you gonna terminate and replace?

Besides, can you imagine all the whining there would be on here if they began terminating dead weight. They whine now about everything. Don't need to give them more ammo.

vantexan

Can't hire enough for open positions now. How are you gonna terminate and replace?

Besides, can you imagine all the whining there would be on here if they began terminating dead weight. They whine now about everything. Don't need to give them more ammo.
:consoling:

59 Dano

The same reason they don't get rid of many other couriers that underperform daily... you tell us...

A lack of testicles and the dumb belief that keeping a problem around forever is preferable to SOLVING THE PROBLEM. No one benefits when someone who isn't a good fit is kept around. It sends the message that poor performance is acceptable. The answer to the reasoning that a cruddy employee is better than nothing? It's still not as good as a capable employee, and you won't find a capable employee for that position until you get rid of the one that's there now and give him the opportunity to find something that's better suited for him.

A manager has no room to complain about the dead weight on his roster that he has nurtured and cultivated.

TNT Frosty

I heard my name (well the TNT part :D ) spoken a few times, sorry im late to the game guys.. and girls... I do thank those who have said I can ask away.
I have even spoken to a FedEx Freight guy in Norfolk VA who wished me the best in working out on getting an VISA and getting your american CDL (P.S; you guys are safe, as its going to cost around $10,000AUD out of pocket.. ouch no matter what currency you say it in.)

I guess the good thing over here in Australia, is our min hours by law for a full timer is 38 hours, and if you do sign up as a part timer, your paid more, but less hours, in theory, but they only do that for new drivers, when/if the driver is good enough, then they are asked if they want to become full timer, and then get a chance to have a more permanent run, and even if theres no work, are still paid 8hours.
(part timers dont normally get holiday pay, or public holiday pay/told not to come to work)

From what www.driverssalary.com has stated
O/O LTL driver (guessing local driver) (sorry not used to your terms); earn roughly $72,000 to $79,000 per year
O/O as a long haul, earn between $0.98 to $1.29 per mile, with guarantee of at least 2400 miles

Company drivers earn around $17 an hour for box trucks; and FedEx frieght earn $24 an hour; also you guys get "cash bonus", but im guessing its like cash out your "RDOs" (rostered days off) that you haddnt used all year.

www.glassdoor.com suggests that FedEx pilots are on the low scale of just $143,351 per year.... (where your navy pilots are paid $79,000 on the high end per year)

=======================

Guess we have it alot more simple over here, our (interstate) line-hauls; are all done by other companies, but am hoping one day that may change to save money, as thats what I want to do, well more like cross-country), I dont know how much they are paid per trip, but an old company I used to work for, I would co-sign the "books", and found out they were being paid $2,500 for a single trailer, and an extra $400 for a double, one way, per night.

Us as local company drivers of rigids, are paid $25.40ish an hour, with 1.5x after 8 hours, and double after 10 hours.
Once you get to semi work/tractor trailer, the pay jumps an extra $2, to $27.40ish, with the same to over time pay.
We are deducted 1 hour per day for "lunch"

I do know we are getting pay rises 1% per year for 3 years, and get to keep half our sick leave pay if we leave (so we get paid out on now), and are 10% to our super.. or you guys call it your 401k

=======================

From what ive found for you guys, your bonus of being a full time (FT) over an part timer (PT)
Employee discounts (shipping rates, and what you buy at the fedex stores)
Life Insurance
HealthCare
Stock, as in your able to buy FedEx stock
Vacation pay
Tuition Assistance $2,500 per year (I dont know what this means, but hey, its $2,500 for something)

=======================

So far, I havnt found anything regarding american FedEx pay rises, aside from $150million to go and be used on each "hourly" paid driver as a pay increase (roughly an extra $1 per day roughly with there being roughly 425,000 FedEx people in the US alone) clearly, its going to be slightly different, more like a %; but all this already happen on 1st April (maybe April fools joke, so bad timing)
$1.5Bill to be split up % into everyone's pension/retirement plan.

And the last $1.5Bill, well, to be spent on improving the hubs basically.

We (TNT) also got hacked, and lord knows if FedEx paid the hackers the "Bitcoins" 100 per PC, back when each bitcoin was in the $$$$; so if they paid, then boy that was a hit (I do know alot of the larger companies did pay, but I think we only had 5 PCs paid off); and our fuel prices are so much higher per gallon then yours. $2 per gallon to our $5.48 per gallon.

=======================

Well thats all I can find, hoping more info to be shared, but guessing not many like to show their pays.. even though in theory.. we/you guys are paid the same rates.

Cheers guys; do correct me if possible, as well.. thats all I could find online, without actually being in the states.

dezguy

No one cares.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You're suggesting that the remarks made by a half-dozen or so people are representative of the HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of Express stations.
More than likely.

A manager has no room to complain about the dead weight on his roster that he has nurtured and cultivated.
That's because in reality (are you with me so far?) managers don't really manage. They're really just puppets for the upper management who don't have to deal with those dead weight employees day in and day out.

Last edited:

TNT Frosty

thats a bit harsh...
Upper have very important stuff to deal with... like, 2 sugars or 1... full cream or fat free... take the merc to work, or use the BMW... very important job... (and to wash the car today, or tomorrow)

59 Dano

More than likely.

That's because in reality (are you with me so far?) managers don't really manage. They're really just puppets for the upper management who don't have to deal with those dead weight employees day in and day out.

Thanks for clearing that up for us. I'm sure that was a popular discussion in the break room among people who couldn't manage a one man lemonade stand, let alone anything else.