Rumor has it...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You realize that no one except for you cares about being a FedEx celebrity?
This. On the larger matter, someone posted recently comparing FedEx and Raj’s plans to his Third World roots. I dismissed it at the time. Seeing what they’re doing makes me think that’s “The Plan”. FedEx ala’Mumbai. The OP might just be correct.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
...PT employees working under a certain number of hours will lose health insurance or something of that nature. Will be announced soon.

Supposedly.

Maybe.

It's within the realm of possibilities.

Just might happen.
Funny how you knew before anyone else did,

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You realize that no one except for you cares about being a FedEx celebrity?
Dude I get so much fan mail that I had to hire someone to send out the autographed pictures.

I mean, I'm not MF with his vast national network of contacts, and I've never been invited to give a keynote speech at a major social media company like he has, but I do alright.

snowcat66

current Part Timers must work 12 hours a week or more to receive health Ins starting Jan 1st. New hires will not receive Ins unless they work 12 or more hours per week effective immediately . This is to weed out those who only are here for the health Ins but only work a few hours a week.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep, Raj called me and told me to put it here on BC to get the reaction of the couple dozen people in this forum, most of whom don't work for Express. Especially you, because you led a national union drive that nearly succeeded and you organized your nationwide network of contacts to organize sUbTeRfUgE and dIsRuPtIoNs oF oPeRaTiOnS that nearly crippled the whole thing.

Do you realize how much of a big deal you really are, how many high level meetings you've been the subject of???
If this were a court I could sue for defamation. 1. I don't know if you work for Raj, but you might as well be his spokesperson, 2. I worked with local Teamster officials, 3. I certainly would have loved for that to happen, but it didn't, and never would have due to The RLA and Purple Sycophants nation-wide. Never came close, and I never said it did, and 4. I fully realize this is a very small forum for anyone's opinion(s), including yours.
So, as usual, I own you.

Gone fishin

current Part Timers must work 12 hours a week or more to receive health Ins starting Jan 1st. New hires will not receive Ins unless they work 12 or more hours per week effective immediately . This is to weed out those who only are here for the health Ins but only work a few hours a week.
All of our part timers work over 12.

FedupExpress

So before you could work 5 hours and get benefits?

A manager announced tomorrow there will be a meeting about ONE fedex and changes to benefits, I am in California

FedexCares

talked to a friend yesterday. it was announced yesterday in am meeting. no insurance for pt'ers
I’m sure this is just hyperbole and it isn’t happening as of yet, but can you imagine how much money they would save by cutting insurance for PTers?? This has to be on their ultimate wishlist.

Myort

Back in the day, when I worked at the Indy Hub, many workgroups had employees that didn’t work 5 days a week. Some worked as little as 2. They were there just for the benefits. Unemployment was low and management allowed it. At one point, upper management did crack down on the practice.

Godzilla55

So how does this work? Work 12+ hours one week you’re eligible for benefits…less than 12 hours the next, so no benefits that week? Another FUBAR policy. Retirement can’t come soon enough.

Basement Dweller

Part time hours have already but gashed at my hub. 17 hours is the max and some people are only scheduled 2 days a week because Saturdays are swamped with rollover and 10-12 hour sorts minimum. Fedex is struggling to keep full timers happy by allowing their 35 hour minimums. They're already punishing people by taking away their minimums if you don't work more than 12 hours on Saturday.

FedupExpress

Part time hours have already but gashed at my hub. 17 hours is the max and some people are only scheduled 2 days a week because Saturdays are swamped with rollover and 10-12 hour sorts minimum. Fedex is struggling to keep full timers happy by allowing their 35 hour minimums. They're already punishing people by taking away their minimums if you don't work more than 12 hours on Saturday.
10 hour sorts?

We have a no P2 policy for part timers, that pretty much cut all the part timers hours.

Only manager favorites get p1 deliveries

I don't know any one working less than 12 though

Basement Dweller

10 hour sorts?

We have a no P2 policy for part timers, that pretty much cut all the part timers hours.

Only manager favorites get p1 deliveries

I don't know any one working less than 12 though
I work at the Indy Hub. Saturdays are always terrible during the summer when everyone goes on vacation creating skeleton crews essentially doing 3 days worth of sorts in a single sort. Call ins are also a major issue. The issue was mostly avoided when Fridays were normal sorts but labor cost cuts decided to throw everything in a single day for bigger corporate profits.

MassWineGuy

Guess I’m fortunate to get about 25 hours a week on average. There are usually plenty of mis sorts and very often late freight that I deliver on my PM route. And I’m going in tomorrow where every minute will be OT.

Serf

Guess I’m fortunate to get about 25 hours a week on average. There are usually plenty of mis sorts and very often late freight that I deliver on my PM route. And I’m going in tomorrow where every minute will be OT.
Larger stations in denser areas usually luckout. I did what you did when I was part time. 29 hrs a week for years. Now that I’ve been FT for so long I’d love to work minimums 35!