Rumors of buy out?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't know enough about high level finance or anti-trust laws, but it does seem reasonable that there would be potential buyers for the Express opco, which is now also the Ground opco, which might complicate things.

Gosh I love it when people spend ridiculous amounts of time detailing how something that won't happen is going to happen.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Because I told them that there's an idiot on here who replies to me for nothing but the sake of replying to me and he'll be bored if they get rid of me. They asked me to prove it and I directed them to your posts. After review, they gave me a raise and a guaranteed contract; said that keeping you occupied was my obligation to the rest of society.
Sacrificial lamb?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Because I told them that there's an idiot on here who replies to me for nothing but the sake of replying to me and he'll be bored if they get rid of me. They asked me to prove it and I directed them to your posts. After review, they gave me a raise and a guaranteed contract; said that keeping you occupied was my obligation to the rest of society.
Hey grouch, did I touch a nerve or something? All I did was a ask you a question and you bite my head off.

Maybe your irritability is due to an uncertain future at a company you so adore that makes you feel so important?

bacha29

OK. Let me know in about 90 days how it plays out with Covid-19 in the mix.
90 days? Dow futures went "limit down" a short time ago as the CDC wants gatherings limited to 50 people and nonessential businesses to close down.
The second emergency rate cut the Fed announced this PM is having no effect .
Going forward it would appear to be a situation where cash will be king for the time being and the companies that were overly focused on stock buybacks may come to regret having done so if they lack sufficient cash to weather the gathering pandemic storm that some say will last for as long as 6 months.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Jeez. Why don't you two just get married? You slobber over each other like a couple of 17 year-olds at the prom.

At the very least, get a room.
Nah, we just share a common interest of exposing the intellectually bankrupt, and you were the best example we’ve found.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Delta in a press release announced the other day the they will be parking a third of it's planes. If Bezos or anybody for that matter wants to have a go at it starting Wednesday the getting is going to get good.

The dynamic seems to be changing daily. American announced it's agreement with ALPA pilots and it's pretty revealing. The uptake is that it's pretty clear AA doesn't see a return to normal anytime soon, and that their retirement offers may be contingent on equipment type flown, not just seniority.

That would mean the older 757/767 models would be retired, creating a large surplus of PAX aircraft that could be freighter conversions...at bargain prices. The operant theory is that the other major airlines would likely follow the lead of AA.

This is from an AA pilot YouTube blog (Juan Browne, blancolirio), on the retirements. The Amazon angle is mine, not his.

Amazon just announced they'd be hiring 100,000 additional workers, with probably more to come if the Covid-19 issue persists for a long time.

bacha29

The dynamic seems to be changing daily. American announced it's agreement with ALPA pilots and it's pretty revealing. The uptake is that it's pretty clear AA doesn't see a return to normal anytime soon, and that their retirement offers may be contingent on equipment type flown, not just seniority.

That would mean the older 757/767 models would be retired, creating a large surplus of PAX aircraft that could be freighter conversions...at bargain prices. The operant theory is that the other major airlines would likely follow the lead of AA.

This is from an AA pilot YouTube blog (Juan Browne, blancolirio), on the retirements. The Amazon angle is mine, not his.

Amazon just announced they'd be hiring 100,000 additional workers, with probably more to come if the Covid-19 issue persists for a long time.
I viewed Blancoliro yesterday. What I found interesting were Juan's comments regarding the bumping process at AA whereby the wide bodies would for the most part be parked and the pilots would either take pay based on a reduced hour format or bump down to the smaller planes but that would require retraining.

No question the many of the wide body jets will never fly bodies again which could create an opportunity for Atlas and other box haulers to get air worthy planes at a very good price.

Whatever the case it's going to be months if not years before the airline industry is back at full capacity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I viewed Blancoliro yesterday. What I found interesting were Juan's comments regarding the bumping process at AA whereby the wide bodies would for the most part be parked and the pilots would either take pay based on a reduced hour format or bump down to the smaller planes but that would require retraining.

No question the many of the wide body jets will never fly bodies again which could create an opportunity for Atlas and other box haulers to get air worthy planes at a very good price.

Whatever the case it's going to be months if not years before the airline industry is back at full capacity.

I think JB is really informative and a truly nice guy. Absolutely well-informed and educational.

bacha29

I think JB is really informative and a truly nice guy. Absolutely well-informed and educational.
Yep and if you want to know what's going on in the industry simply subscribe to Blancolirio on YT and believe me you'll get the 411 non sugar coated .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep and if you want to know what's going on in the industry simply subscribe to Blancolirio on YT and believe me you'll get the 411 non sugar coated .

Yep. In today's video, he points out how all the big airlines basically used their tax cut to buy back stock, and all of that money would have probably kept them solvent through the current crisis.

If things are turning bad on an aircraft I'm flying, I want JB to be one of the pilots.

bacha29

Yep. In today's video, he points out how all the big airlines basically used their tax cut to buy back stock, and all of that money would have probably kept them solvent through the current crisis.

If things are turning bad on an aircraft I'm flying, I want JB to be one of the pilots.
I told him that he belongs on a major news network (Not Fox News) as an airline and science contributor.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I told him that he belongs on a major news network (Not Fox News) as an airline and science contributor.

Yes, he's really excellent. CNN has Les Abend, a recently retired pilot, who is also very good. I know JB has been on medical leave for the last year, but he recently mentioned he'd been cleared by his doctors. I'm assuming a lot fewer videos when he returns to work. Or maybe not, since AA is in reduction mode.

Yeah, FOX would probably hire a Flat Earther who would say anyone who flies had better be prepared to hit the "ice wall" at the edge.