Rumors of buy out?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Of course the kooks get all het up over a Youtuber.

Juan Browne is a current 777 FO at American Airlines. Les Abend is a retired 777 captain. Both are highly trained professionals who have a thorough knowledge of the airline industry.

I don't know about Abend, but JB has flown the T-38, C-130, 727, 737, 757, 767, and 777. There are probably more aircraft that I'm not aware of.

A true expert.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Juan Browne is a current 777 FO at American Airlines. Les Abend is a retired 777 captain. Both are highly trained professionals who have a thorough knowledge of the airline industry.

I don't know about Abend, but JB has flown the T-38, C-130, 727, 737, 757, 767, and 777. There are probably more aircraft that I'm not aware of.

A true expert.

"I've ran a lot of routes. I'm an expert on the company."

newgirl

so, on topic? American announced that they are grounding 55,000 flights. And offering their employees early retirement

"The airline, which is the third-largest private employer in Miami-Dade County with more than 13,500 employees, offered voluntary unpaid leaves of absence to most union members. The company is offering an early retirement for employees with 15 years of service, which would allow them to keep their medical care at active employee rates. Voluntary leaves will also be offered to some members of management and support staff."

I guess depending on how long this lasts other employers may follow suit.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"I've ran a lot of routes. I'm an expert on the company."

I just told you my level of experience at FedEx in a previous post. Your statement is ridiculous, which is nothing new. You could maybe watch Juan Browne and learn a bit about the "airline industry".

59 Dano

I just told you my level of experience at FedEx in a previous post. Your statement is ridiculous, which is nothing new. You could maybe watch Juan Browne and learn a bit about the "airline industry".

You were a driver, and then you were a driver some more, and then you were still a driver, and then you did a lot of driving. Then you left the company and you watch a guy on Youtube.

Sounds like an expert.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You were a driver, and then you were a driver some more, and then you were still a driver, and then you did a lot of driving. Then you left the company and you watch a guy on Youtube.

Sounds like an expert.

1. Courier
2. Ramp Agent
3. RTD
4. Dispatcher
5. Several more.

Juan Browne is intelligent and informative, so you won't be able to understand him. Plus, he actually works for a real airline, not a trucking company that pretends to be an airline.

59 Dano

1. Courier
2. Ramp Agent
3. RTD
4. Dispatcher
5. Several more.

Juan Browne is intelligent and informative, so you won't be able to understand him. Plus, he actually works for a real airline, not a trucking company that pretends to be an airline.

Sounds like my neighbor's kid. She has an internship at a marketing firm and does all sorts of grunt work and gets good grades in her marketing courses as a sophomore. Thinks she really knows marketing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like my neighbor's kid. She has an internship at a marketing firm and does all sorts of grunt work and gets good grades in her marketing courses as a sophomore. Thinks she really knows marketing.

Oh, OK. It doesn't take any smarts to be any good at any of those jobs, right? If you actually knew something about Operations, you probably should know that Dispatchers basically run PM Ops, that Ramp Agents usually pretty much dictate a large part of AM Ops, and that there are a lot of highly intelligent Couriers and RTDs who just can't bring themselves to sell their souls and become professional liars for Fred.

The fact that you couldn't counter with information like that above shows me you are a shill, not a real manager. Actual PM managers are at home or out on the golf course when things go bad or there are 8 uncovered PU routes. Dispatchers make it work, most of the time, and they're the ones who actually know the station ops. Actual AM managers aren't even up at 0430 when the Ramp Agents and AGFS Dispatchers make the key decisions what to do when there's a late flight, a major accident, or many other factors. The managers usually won't even answer the phone or respond to a text. I know because I'd be the one trying to get them to stop hiding and answer. "Oh, Manager X, your freight is going to be 2 hours late, and we've got a second flight coming in at 1000, so maybe you'll need to do a second sort. Not all of the FO and Haz made the first flight." Or, "Your cans are going to a station 150 miles away because the Cat II system on the plane isn't working and they can't land here". "How many shuttles are you going to send for the baggies, and your P1?"

You're a fake,don't even know what I'm talking about, and have a total disregard for hourlies.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh, OK. It doesn't take any smarts to be any good at any of those jobs, right? If you actually knew something about Operations, you probably should know that Dispatchers basically run PM Ops, that Ramp Agents usually pretty much dictate a large part of AM Ops, and that there are a lot of highly intelligent Couriers and RTDs who just can't bring themselves to sell their souls and become professional liars for Fred.

The fact that you couldn't counter with information like that above shows me you are a shill, not a real manager. Actual PM managers are at home or out on the golf course when things go bad or there are 8 uncovered PU routes. Dispatchers make it work, most of the time, and they're the ones who actually know the station ops. Actual AM managers aren't even up at 0430 when the Ramp Agents and AGFS Dispatchers make the key decisions what to do when there's a late flight, a major accident, or many other factors. The managers usually won't even answer the phone or respond to a text. I know because I'd be the one trying to get them to stop hiding and answer. "Oh, Manager X, your freight is going to be 2 hours late, and we've got a second flight coming in at 1000, so maybe you'll need to do a second sort. Not all of the FO and Haz made the first flight." Or, "Your cans are going to a station 150 miles away because the Cat II system on the plane isn't working and they can't land here". "How many shuttles are you going to send for the baggies, and your P1?"

You're a fake,don't even know what I'm talking about, and have a total disregard for hourlies.

:goodpost: :youreright:

59 Dano

Oh, OK. It doesn't take any smarts to be any good at any of those jobs, right?

Never said anything of the sort. Carry on.

If you actually knew something about Operations, you probably should know that Dispatchers basically run PM Ops, that Ramp Agents usually pretty much dictate a large part of AM Ops, and that there are a lot of highly intelligent Couriers and RTDs who just can't bring themselves to sell their souls and become professional liars for Fred.

Heard that song and dance from you several times now.

And on the seventh day, you rested. You did a lot of hourly jobs. Good for you. Holla when you turn a station around.