Russia Claims Ukraine Standoff Is Over

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
it still is natos fault but russia should not preemptively invade which is a war crime.

thanks for remembering ;)

It wasn't preemptive. Ukraine was shelling the hell out of the Donbas region for a long time. Putin used the threat of invasion to get them to stop. They didn't.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The United States is a representative Democracy. The people vote for our representatives and political leaders. Where do you get this garbage? Alex Jones?

That's not entirely accurate. We are a constitutional republic. Republics are representative democracies. But in our Republic, our democratically elected representatives are constrained by a Constitution. So, we are a Constitutional Republic. Saying we are a democracy is an attempt to shift people's belief to thinking a simple majority can override the constitutional rights of the minority. So, no, we are not a democracy. Sorry that you and you fellow totalotarianists have to work so hard to enslave your political adversaries.

newfie

The United States is a representative Democracy. The people vote for our representatives and political leaders. Where do you get this garbage? Alex Jones?
you're arguing semantics. As a representative democracy the US is not a direct democracy. the only true pure direct democracy is Switzerland.

PT Car Washer

That's not entirely accurate. We are a constitutional republic. Republics are representative democracies. But in our Republic, our democratically elected representatives are constrained by a Constitution. So, we are a Constitutional Republic. Saying we are a democracy is an attempt to shift people's belief to thinking a simple majority can override the constitutional rights of the minority. So, no, we are not a democracy. Sorry that you and you fellow totalotarianists have to work so hard to enslave your political adversaries.
I agree and that is why we have had more minority elected Republican Presidents.

BigGuy2732

Democracy is gay. Democracy is political control for the wealthy. You’re seeing this on display with Russia vs the west. One guy who runs things is a threat for the people that run our world. They need zelensky types, men like American football qb’s, radios in their ear telling them what to say and do at all times.

floridays

Article IV​

Section 4​

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

BigGuy2732

Yes, the founders were well aware that people who allowed their beliefs to be swayed by fashionable opinion would often be in the majority, which is why they established the electoral college system. They were very wise.

They weren’t wise, they founded a country on the ideas of Locke and Descartes.

No wonder america is dying so soon. Catholic Europe lasted over a thousand years.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It wasn't preemptive. Ukraine was shelling the hell out of the Donbas region for a long time. Putin used the threat of invasion to get them to stop. They didn't.

The Russian Separatists did bring down a passenger plane in 2014, about 300 souls lost (50 children). The survivors took legal action against Russia, of course the kremlin denied any responsibility for their loved ones and blamed it on the Ukrainians.

If I would choose a villain in this on going War it would be Putin, Zelenskyy is no angel but he is nowhere near the demon👹 that Putin is.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The Russian Separatists did bring down a passenger plane in 2014, about 300 souls lost (50 children). The survivors took legal action against Russia, of course the kremlin denied any responsibility for their loved ones and blamed it on the Ukrainians.

If I would choose a villain in this on going War it would be Putin, Zelenskyy is no angel but he is nowhere near the demon👹 that Putin is.

So, indiscriminately shelling farmers for the actions of some terrorists? Hmmm... Sounds like something we would do.

rickyb

Boeing brings down their own planes w corporate corruption