Ukraine Conducts "Military Exercise" in Russia

Next Day Err

Yes it does.

Come on buddy, you know the funding is supposed to come from Congress.

You know Biden is skirting the law and our system of checks and balances.

It's one thing for you to not care, but you're actually celebrating these authoritarian actions.
He outwitted Republicans. That’s the bottom line. If these are surplus weapons then the White House can just say they’re free under “excess defense articles” and therefore Congress can’t do squat.

I know people like Vladimir Putin and yourself are big mad about this, but… sorry.

Next Day Err

That's silly. If they're struggling with Ukraine how do you think they'll handle NATO?
They’ll use asymmetric warfare and keep trying to push the boundaries in hopes that NATO won’t protect every square mile of territory. They’ll begin their campaign with major cyberattacks against Estonia like they started in 2007.

Madmen never give up until they’re shut down. The cost of shutting them down is lower the earlier you do it. That’s the lesson of the 20th century. Just my two cents.

vantexan

They’ll use asymmetric warfare and keep trying to push the boundaries in hopes that NATO won’t protect every square mile of territory. They’ll begin their campaign with major cyberattacks against Estonia like they started in 2007.

Madmen never give up until they’re shut down. The cost of shutting them down is lower the earlier you do it. That’s the lesson of the 20th century. Just my two cents.
Putin wants to retain power. Attacking a NATO country is a surefire way to lose power. They have a small percentage of the manpower and industry NATO has. It's not going to happen.

Next Day Err

Putin wants to retain power. Attacking a NATO country is a surefire way to lose power. They have a small percentage of the manpower and industry NATO has. It's not going to happen.
People said he’d never attack Georgia. Or Crimea. Or Ukraine proper. He keeps letting people underestimate him.

Now imagine Trump is elected. He somehow weakens our involvement in NATO. Putin sees his opportunity. Europe stands down. Chinese assistance ramps way up. Chaos ensues. Our interests are at risk.

I’m not saying it’s a sure thing. You’re right that Putin’s first goal is his domestic front insofar as retaining power.

Next Day Err

You guys are so generous with other people's money and lives.
Look, it’s cute to think there’s a smarter way to maintain our hegemony but there’s really not. It’s about using carrots and sticks and lots of both. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, yadayadayada. But it’s all true.

vantexan

People said he’d never attack Georgia. Or Crimea. Or Ukraine proper. He keeps letting people underestimate him.

Now imagine Trump is elected. He somehow weakens our involvement in NATO. Putin sees his opportunity. Europe stands down. Chinese assistance ramps way up. Chaos ensues. Our interests are at risk.

I’m not saying it’s a sure thing. You’re right that Putin’s first goal is his domestic front insofar as retaining power.
Who said he wouldn't? But none of those are in NATO. Putin's M.O. is to attack former Soviet republics and carve off areas that are majority ethnic Russian. Got carried away trying to completely take over Ukraine. The Russians may ultimately win but they'll pay a terrible price for doing so. So much so that they'll never take on NATO.

Thebrownblob

This is a hilarious comment given what we know about the past. So delusional is this comment that it says “no one” ever expected Putin to take Crimea or to fight to get regions of Ukraine back that were Russians, according to Putin to begin with? Actually, everyone said that. Both of those actions were telegraphed for months, and everyone knew.

And then he’ll rage against what Trump might do even though Trump was president. None of this was happening. Happened under Obama and now Biden. 🤷‍♂️ Fantasy Island must be a great place.