Sad Sacks

Oldfart

Not a huge Trump fan and wish both parties had better candidates but the results are in and we have to make the best of it. One thing I know, you never bet against Trump. He did what no one else could and what no one thought could be done. Give him a chance and hope he gets the job done.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You don't say? Then why are " conservatives" so determined to abolish or defund such vital programs. All you have to do is to look at Ryan's plan to so called " save" Medicare. And even Bush's knuckleheaded plan to privatize Social Security which he introduced just ahead of the crash is now in discussion again?

You're confused. The proposals were to allow those of us who understand basic math the option to place a small portion of our own contributions into certain private sector investments.

Now, if the government wants to take me off the hook for Medicare and Social Security via a lump sum payoff that includes all contributions made to my accounts and the proper adjustments for inflation and interest... I'm all ears!

bacha29

You're confused. The proposals were to allow those of us who understand basic math the option to place a small portion of our own contributions into certain private sector investments.

Now, if the government wants to take me off the hook for Medicare and Social Security via a lump sum payoff that includes all contributions made to my accounts and the proper adjustments for inflation and interest... I'm all ears!
That's fine because in the end the nursing home that takes you in is going to get it all anyway. And even after you die if you have anything left the estate recovery laws of most states will entitle them to it if they are owed . By the way the estimated transition cost of Bush't privatization plan....... 2 trillion.

59 Dano

That's fine because in the end the nursing home that takes you in is going to get it all anyway. And even after you die if you have anything left the estate recovery laws of most states will entitle them to it if they are owed . By the way the estimated transition cost of Bush't privatization plan....... 2 trillion.

What nursing home?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They aren't counting down the days with an eye on the will, are they? "C'mon dad. Hurry up."

Actually they flipped a coin and my daughter lost----she will be the one changing my diapers.

Seriously, I purchased a LTC (Long Term Care) policy 5-10 years ago and will be all set when the time comes that I am no longer able to pee standing up.

bbsam

Staff member

Think about that. Let's say you contribute $10,000 per year to Social Security. I believe the percentage they were talking was 2 to 3% of that privatized. That's 2 to 3 hundred dollars per year. How stupid is that? Who benefits from that? Wall Street. $300 × 180 million folks.

$300 x 30 years is $9000 plus interest unless in that 30 years the market gets hit.

Privatization of Social Security makes only one winner, Wall Street..and they've already won.

59 Dano

Think about that. Let's say you contribute $10,000 per year to Social Security. I believe the percentage they were talking was 2 to 3% of that privatized. That's 2 to 3 hundred dollars per year. How stupid is that? Who benefits from that? Wall Street. $300 × 180 million folks.

$300 x 30 years is $9000 plus interest unless in that 30 years the market gets hit.

Privatization of Social Security makes only one winner, Wall Street..and they've already won.

The average rate of return on Social Security contributions is low. If you want to settle for that in order to spite Wall Street, you still had that option, but the rest of us would like better options.

vantexan

A statement like this makes you sound like a real scum bad. Downplaying human rights like a transgender person doesn't matter.
Trying to force little girls to share a bathroom with a little boy against the wishes of their parents, schools, and local gov't is Scumbaggery. No, can't supply a reasonable accommodation according to the Federal government. Same as trying to force nuns to supply contraceptives to their employees, or employers who don't believe it's ok, or shutting down a pizza restaurant or bakery for not being willing to cater to gays. Same administration that weighed in numerous times on the wrong side of racial conflicts. I don't see an effort on this president's part to meet people halfway. It's always his way and the far Left's way or else. Not to mention forcing a health plan down people's throats that is ultimately designed to have the Federal Government control healthcare. This is what they did over 8 years, instead of trying to help businesses thrive and hire people. Can't have that, someone might make money while someone else doesn't. That's not just. Hard to believe the foolishness is almost over.

vantexan

Add it to his many other statements verifying his scumbaggery.
If you're the great, understanding liberal you purport yourself to be then you'll pay the guys who make it happen for you better. Otherwise take a cue from MJ's "Man in the Mirror" when you start talking about who's a scumbag.

bacha29

If you're the great, understanding liberal you purport yourself to be then you'll pay the guys who make it happen for you better. Otherwise take a cue from MJ's "Man in the Mirror" when you start talking about who's a scumbag.
Are you talking about that MJ the one who stood accused of molesting kids at his amusement park but settled out of court court for a big chunk of change in exchange for dropping the charges and no admission of guilt?

vantexan

Are you talking about that MJ the one who stood accused of molesting kids at his amusement park but settled out of court court for a big chunk of change in exchange for dropping the charges and no admission of guilt?
Oh my gosh, are you saying bbsam is doing the same? Scumbaggery!!

It will be fine

Trying to force little girls to share a bathroom with a little boy against the wishes of their parents, schools, and local gov't is Scumbaggery. No, can't supply a reasonable accommodation according to the Federal government. Same as trying to force nuns to supply contraceptives to their employees, or employers who don't believe it's ok, or shutting down a pizza restaurant or bakery for not being willing to cater to gays. Same administration that weighed in numerous times on the wrong side of racial conflicts. I don't see an effort on this president's part to meet people halfway. It's always his way and the far Left's way or else. Not to mention forcing a health plan down people's throats that is ultimately designed to have the Federal Government control healthcare. This is what they did over 8 years, instead of trying to help businesses thrive and hire people. Can't have that, someone might make money while someone else doesn't. That's not just. Hard to believe the foolishness is almost over.
Wow. This reads just like Jesus spoke it himself.