Sad Sacks

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wow. This reads just like Jesus spoke it himself.

If van has every been right about anything, it's that the country didn't like the direction things were heading. Don't want Donald Trump? Don't give him indefensible issues (some of what van mentioned) to run against.

bacha29

I'm just recounting many, but not all, of Obama's greatest hits. Don't like Trump? You got him because of the above, along with Hillary's unique take, as in taking every opportunity to line her pockets.
Just be glad that we evil communist pinko liberals who in your mind's eye should all be shot were able despite bitter GOP opposition to pass old age retirement program legislation to you can now enjoy the fullest which will come in handy given the way Smith disemboweled your pension plan.

vantexan

Just be glad that we evil communist pinko liberals who in your mind's eye should all be shot were able despite bitter GOP opposition to pass old age retirement program legislation to you can now enjoy the fullest which will come in handy given the way Smith disemboweled your pension plan.
And as always you libs pass over the many times we cons have agreed with you that it's a very good idea, glad we have it, so that you can characterize us as greedy and uncaring. But you often have very bad ideas, founded on the belief that there's an endless stream of money to be tapped into, and the adults in the room have to explain the facts of life to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!

bbsam

Staff member
And as always you libs pass over the many times we cons have agreed with you that it's a very good idea, glad we have it, so that you can characterize us as greedy and uncaring. But you often have very bad ideas, founded on the belief that there's an endless stream of money to be tapped into, and the adults in the room have to explain the facts of life to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Silly little van...

bacha29

My side is your side van. When will you figure that out ?
bbsam: VanT is on both sides. He hangs onto the hope that the replacement of the Washington elite with the Wall Street elite is going to create an improved quality of life for the American blue collar middle class. At the same time he still has his fingers crossed hoping that the Progressive's can stop the repeal of the social programs that will shape the quality of his life in retirement. The odds of preserving those programs are about 1 in 4.

vantexan

bbsam: VanT is on both sides. He hangs onto the hope that the replacement of the Washington elite with the Wall Street elite is going to create an improved quality of life for the American blue collar middle class. At the same time he still has his fingers crossed hoping that the Progressive's can stop the repeal of the social programs that will shape the quality of his life in retirement. The odds of preserving those programs are about 1 in 4.
No such thing. The "Progressives" didn't cause much progress under Obama. It's time to put people back to work again, and if we can get to true full employment, not the fuzzy math being used, then there should be enough revenue for the gov't to fund assistance programs. Oh, wait, have to pay down the Progressive debt a bit first.

bacha29

No such thing. The "Progressives" didn't cause much progress under Obama. It's time to put people back to work again, and if we can get to true full employment, not the fuzzy math being used, then there should be enough revenue for the gov't to fund assistance programs. Oh, wait, have to pay down the Progressive debt a bit first.
And the easiest most convenient way to do it is to repeal or defund as many social programs as possible. Remember if you're not rich, it's your fault.

bacha29

You can't pay for what you don't have money for. $20,000,000,000,000+ in debt and growing.
You keep obsessing over VT and you'll end up in a mental hospital. Not if but when you do guess who's going to foot the bill after your own money's gone? Taxpayer supported Medicaid that's who.

vantexan

You keep obsessing over VT and you'll end up in a mental hospital. Not if but when you do guess who's going to foot the bill after your own money's gone? Taxpayer supported Medicaid that's who.
I'm obsessing? Who's harping over and over about Trump, the GOP, and all the evil they're about to unleash?

bacha29

I'm obsessing? Who's harping over and over about Trump, the GOP, and all the evil they're about to unleash?
You keep carping about the deficit. OK. It is worrisome but tell me just what personal sacrifices are you willing to make in order to reduce the deficit?

vantexan

You keep carping about the deficit. OK. It is worrisome but tell me just what personal sacrifices are you willing to make in order to reduce the deficit?
But I'm not carping about the deficit. The DEFICIT is the difference between what we take in and what we shell out. It's bad enough as it adds to the debt. The DEBT is the total amount owed, the total amount of all those annual deficits. If we're to remain solvent we need to reduce the debt. Servicing the debt interest is taking more and more of our annual budget. Which means everything will get reduced over time if we don't control the debt. And we aren't controlling it. Eventually all the nations that buy our bonds will be too afraid to because of fear of collapse. Which will hasten our collapse because the bonds cover the deficit. It's not something we can print our way out of. We came out of WWII with the world's strongest economy which paid for the huge debt incurred during the war and made it possible to create social programs that aided the most vulnerable. We all know what has happened since then. If we continue down the path of government largesse where's the money coming from to pay for it with the economy we have now? All I heard from Clinton and Sanders was they were going to give us this and that with no explanation of how to pay for it. Maybe you know how we can pay for so much with a service economy that only employs so many? Please explain.

bbsam

Staff member
But I'm not carping about the deficit. The DEFICIT is the difference between what we take in and what we shell out. It's bad enough as it adds to the debt. The DEBT is the total amount owed, the total amount of all those annual deficits. If we're to remain solvent we need to reduce the debt. Servicing the debt interest is taking more and more of our annual budget. Which means everything will get reduced over time if we don't control the debt. And we aren't controlling it. Eventually all the nations that buy our bonds will be too afraid to because of fear of collapse. Which will hasten our collapse because the bonds cover the deficit. It's not something we can print our way out of. We came out of WWII with the world's strongest economy which paid for the huge debt incurred during the war and made it possible to create social programs that aided the most vulnerable. We all know what has happened since then. If we continue down the path of government largesse where's the money coming from to pay for it with the economy we have now? All I heard from Clinton and Sanders was they were going to give us this and that with no explanation of how to pay for it. Maybe you know how we can pay for so much with a service economy that only employs so many? Please explain.
But Trump and the Republicans would like to cut funding for programs AND cut taxes. That just doesn't make any sense. I could respect a Republican that just says, "We're going to freeze or cut x% from A, B, and C, hold tax rates steady and put the savings towards the debt. We will structure these funding cuts to be cyclical through the various government agencies over the next 4 years so that no one sector is irreparably harmed."

It would be a strategy of shared responsibility and one that agencies could plan for. But that's not what we get. We get the same tire lines about tax cuts to stimulate the economy but then the recipients that benefit the most from the tax cuts cite "uncertainty" as a reason not to grow the economy. Think about that. American business afraid to take risk; cowering in the face of "uncertainty". What a bunch of babies.