Safe Driving and Years of Service Awards Gone!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a driver get recognized this morning in our PCM for 31 years of safe driving. He was awarded an umbrella.

Bristol Brown

Strange that..............We usually get a box of cheap and nasty European Chocolate (no English Chocolate) along with a tacky UPS coffee mug.Christmas 2009 we got nothing because of the recession but Christmas 2010 we got the box of cheap and nasty European chocolate (not English chocolate) and the tacky coffee mug back.

klein

Für Meno :)
Strange that..............We usually get a box of cheap and nasty European Chocolate (no English Chocolate) along with a tacky UPS coffee mug.Christmas 2009 we got nothing because of the recession but Christmas 2010 we got the box of cheap and nasty European chocolate (not English chocolate) and the tacky coffee mug back.

Pretty sad if you can't give away your xmas gift to the less fortunate, because you would feel darn guilty even giving it away !

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Since we copy everything UPS does, it's only a matter of time until we discontinue rewards for our Safe Driving too. As someone said already in this thread, you've saved them tens of thousands of dollars (and possibly millions) by being safe for 25 years. That deserves more than a crap pin and an "attaboy".

rushfan

It sure a damn shame that UPS got rid of the Circle of Honor banquets. Now, they get a patch. After the years of safe driving, saving UPS countless thousands of dollars from not having a crash, UPS is too damn cheap not rewarding them. It's a SHAME!!!!!

The Milkman

It sure a damn shame that UPS got rid of the Circle of Honor banquets. Now, they get a patch. After the years of safe driving, saving UPS countless thousands of dollars from not having a crash, UPS is too damn cheap not rewarding them. It's a SHAME!!!!!

Drive a million miles safely and what do you get????? BOHICA!!! That's why Morale amongst drivers is little by little if not already gone down the toilet along with respect for the company as a whole should treat you better:sick:

rod

Retired 22 years

I never realized they got rid of the banquets also. Does that mean you no longer get one of those god awful realestate salesman blazers either? Wow---I guess that means I have a genuine collectors piece of clothing gathering dust and moth holes in my catch all closet.

over9five

Staff member
I never realized they got rid of the banquets also. Does that mean you no longer get one of those god awful realestate salesman blazers either? Wow---I guess that means I have a genuine collectors piece of clothing gathering dust and moth holes in my catch all closet.

Never even heard of those. Can you post a pic?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Try to picture a Century 21 real estate salesperson.

The banquets here in Upstate NY were held in Syracuse and were quite nice. Drivers who had to travel were put up for the night in a nice hotel and the meal was top notch.

I guess now all you get is an umbrella for 31 years safe driving.

reydluap

No diner for me. It took about a year to even get the 25 year patch. OMS just handed me the bag it came in and said "Here you go". Whatever!

raceanoncr

Does that mean you no longer get one of those god awful realestate salesman blazers either? Wow---I guess that means I have a genuine collectors piece of clothing gathering dust and moth holes in my catch all closet.

Naw...makes a nice oil mat for the garage.