Safe Driving and Years of Service Awards Gone!

tae111

Here once you have 5 years safe driving you only loose 1 year if you have an accident. If you have 2 in that year you go back to 0.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
They are cutting all of the nickle and dime stuff that the employees appreciate but the will continue to piss millions of dollars away in the NASCAR program:angry:

brownman15

Brownmaster you may be right. I'm just saying last night I was in the managers office and the manager was reading their e-mail. That e-mail plainly said that all Circle of Honor banquets were no longer being held and the gifts for safe driving and years of service were discontinued. I was actually permitted to read it myself and we had a discusson about it afterward. It appeared to come from the region.

was that just for your district or for all upsers

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I lost interest in the program long ago. UPS has never even had a consistent or rational definition of what constitutes an "accident" in the first place, so winning the award was due more to luck than any actual safe driving ability.

oper8tor

Complain when you are getting something, complain when you are not. Lets hope the cost cutting measures help save your job. The others in the unemployment line aren't going to want to hear you complain.

tae111

It was from the region so i'm guessing that it is for all. Can't be sure though. I'm sure if it is for all you will hear more about it in the near future.

tae111

I remember back in the late 70s we used to have a book in the center from whatever company we were using at the time. You could look ahead and see the gifts for each year. Man i couldn't wait to get to 25. There was some pretty nice stuff you could choose from. When I finally got to 25 we were using a different company and boy was I dissapointed. All that great stuff was gone. Most of the selections were things I had already gotten in previous years. Just recently UPS changed to yet another awards company. Seems like only a year ago maybe not even so I'm supprised there diching it already. For 10 years I got a power washer for 15 a pulan chain saw for 20 a weber gas grill for 25 a 20 inch sony tv and for 30 I ordered a sony 7 speaker surround sound system. saw it on sale the other day for $248.00 at best buy. In the origional catalog, I believe it was for 25 years, one of the items was a Browning 12 ga. automatic shotgun. Even back in the early 80s I'll bet that was worth at least $500. Anyway its been a steady decline so if its finally over I guess it was inevitable. Seems like after we went public that attitude of we are a large company that thinks like small company went with it. Remember when UPS used to say " Our people are our most important asset" I guess that has changed to Our stock holders are our most important asset.

jimstud

Banned
who cares about safe driving awards as long as they don't mess with my pay,benefits or pension I go to work do my job and go home

some1else

Banned
can i cash my paycheck 4 turkey coupouns? i want to get like 50 of em than load up at the store than there be anough to leave in the trunk and they keep each other cold will be good for good eatin for long 5 months or so about TURKEY