Safety

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BrownStains, Mar 24, 2020.

1. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Those guys are funny. They all just quit their jobs but think they’ll get a raise. Wildcat strike with no representation isn’t going to work out too well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. It will be fine

All the contractor has to do is offer a small raise to get enough guys back and working. Then fire everyone that walked out over the next few months as they train their replacements. This is what happens when young people think they have power over their employers.

3. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Haha so true. I used to be stupid enough to think they cared about me until they sent us out in negative 53 degree windchill and said bundle up buddy it's cold out there. Mind you this was after the post office , for the first time in 113 years, said it's too cold and FedEx said it's too cold. That's the day I realized I'm just a number and the package is the official number one priority.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Wrong

Wrong :))

I’m more curious about how FedEx will handle the contractors that signed up for this. If I’m understanding this guys post correctly.

5. It will be fine

Their contract will be terminated. I went looking too. Some fool of a contractor had his people walk out. Great way to burn a million bucks I guess.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Very little unless you include mattress in a box.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Medicine, food, cleaning supplies.
    Many of us take going to the store for granted but for many people it's a real challenge.

8. Wally

Challenge? I delivered a trampoline today.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

COULD be considered medically necessary so mom and dad don't kill the children...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

All this bitching, Jesus. Be happy you have a job. They’re looking to upwards of 30% unemployment rate and a recession with all this bull. You have an essential job position if you don’t like it quit. The flu has killed a hundred times as many people as this has how did you handle it last year?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  11. Brownsocks

Brownsocks Just a dog

I totally agree about the premiums, the liberty mutual demo stations say that much.
    Class action? I dont see it

12. Wally

Lets not think we are noble delivering nothing but essentials. We are slinging cardboard and delivering mostly unnecessary stuff.

It pays the bills.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Brownsocks

Brownsocks Just a dog

I agree, but also look for any reason to bitch about irregs.

14. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

uOCQoF.gif

15. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Probably not a good time to give ultimatums. When I walked out today we had a bunch of new hires coming in for twilight sort and most of them were older and looked like they would be reliable workers. I'm guessing they were laid off somewhere else and need to find work ASAP.

If you've ever seen what UPS drags through on an employee tour you'll understand when I say they looked reliable. :ninja3:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Boywondr

Boywondr The truth never changes.

Depends on how many die that work for the company.

17. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

yes. Gays don't do well in cold weather

18. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

And in this letter he talked about safety and the COVID-19 threat and it seemed like he wanted FedEx to do something about that. But in reality, he just wanted more money.

19. Cryptic

Cryptic New Member

You know this from personal experience...

20. BrownStains

BrownStains New Member

Too the people ripping me. I have a 6 month old baby at the house that was just in the hospital and nearly died from RSV. If i get this crap and bring it home and give it to my family, how am i going to live with myself for that?