Safety

It will be fine

@It will be fine
Come explain to this guy how many applications you got waiting in the wings for something like this.
All the contractor has to do is offer a small raise to get enough guys back and working. Then fire everyone that walked out over the next few months as they train their replacements. This is what happens when young people think they have power over their employers.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I don’t know who is dumber.........UPS for not doing anything on their part or you guys thinking they would!!

Haha so true. I used to be stupid enough to think they cared about me until they sent us out in negative 53 degree windchill and said bundle up buddy it's cold out there. Mind you this was after the post office , for the first time in 113 years, said it's too cold and FedEx said it's too cold. That's the day I realized I'm just a number and the package is the official number one priority.

El Correcto

god is dead
All the contractor has to do is offer a small raise to get enough guys back and working. Then fire everyone that walked out over the next few months as they train their replacements. This is what happens when young people think they have power over their employers.
I’m more curious about how FedEx will handle the contractors that signed up for this. If I’m understanding this guys post correctly.

It will be fine

I’m more curious about how FedEx will handle the contractors that signed up for this. If I’m understanding this guys post correctly.
Their contract will be terminated. I went looking too. Some fool of a contractor had his people walk out. Great way to burn a million bucks I guess.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

All this bitching, Jesus. Be happy you have a job. They’re looking to upwards of 30% unemployment rate and a recession with all this bull. You have an essential job position if you don’t like it quit. The flu has killed a hundred times as many people as this has how did you handle it last year?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Safety for UPS is about lowering their insurance premiums. Don't you guys know that? They don't give a friend--- about you! lol

Definitely a class action coming after this.
I totally agree about the premiums, the liberty mutual demo stations say that much.
Class action? I dont see it

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lets not think we are noble delivering nothing but essentials. We are slinging cardboard and delivering mostly unnecessary stuff.

It pays the bills.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
everybody’s got their hand out
uOCQoF.gif

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Probably not a good time to give ultimatums. When I walked out today we had a bunch of new hires coming in for twilight sort and most of them were older and looked like they would be reliable workers. I'm guessing they were laid off somewhere else and need to find work ASAP.

If you've ever seen what UPS drags through on an employee tour you'll understand when I say they looked reliable. :ninja3:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Haha so true. I used to be stupid enough to think they cared about me until they sent us out in negative 53 degree windchill and said bundle up buddy it's cold out there. Mind you this was after the post office , for the first time in 113 years, said it's too cold and FedEx said it's too cold. That's the day I realized I'm just a number and the package is the official number one priority.
yes. Gays don't do well in cold weather

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Their contract will be terminated. I went looking too. Some fool of a contractor had his people walk out. Great way to burn a million bucks I guess.

And in this letter he talked about safety and the COVID-19 threat and it seemed like he wanted FedEx to do something about that. But in reality, he just wanted more money.

BrownStains

Too the people ripping me. I have a 6 month old baby at the house that was just in the hospital and nearly died from RSV. If i get this crap and bring it home and give it to my family, how am i going to live with myself for that?