Salary Compare Contrast

cosis

4th year at express made 53k, but also made another 50k from internet marketing
wife works part time (some weeks works full time hours) at express and made 40k

would love to jump to ups but love my cake route - avg 75 stops in a very tight area

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nope. Its just a great opportunity for me. Certainly better than Fedex, but at this point, there are many things better than Fedex. I am looking forward to not dreading work everyday and actually having a life again.
Hey, I understand if you’re embarrassed to say what your “great opportunity” is

WannaBeFeeder

RTD you drive a truck at UPS just like FedEx one is white one s brown I know 3 personally and still in touch, if it doesn’t work out lots of crappy delivery jobs out there.
You need to get RTD training and get to UPS immediately UPS loves FedEx drivers. The training is good and the big trucks are not as hard as they look, you have a better view of the road from up there,24.0 hr.is awful for your area.
But going to UPS feeders you will pull doubles and be stuck working nights for years. Most couriers dont want to work nights they already complain about only working long hours during the day now try working long hours overnight

btrlov

Topped out courier. Thanks to Response, and gross mismanagement, I made 86k last year. Kids grown, house paid for, no debt. Im retiring from Fedex and pursuing another career.
Very believable. There nothing more dreadful than going thru 2 sorts, seeing management face twice in day and going to stops 2/3 times a day. The inefficiency is pathetic and its just more wear tear on the body. Even if you shuttle or waiting for a shuttle the response crap makes your entire workday uncertain. you deserve every pennyfor that time consuming nonsense.

Lets face it fedex management doesnt run crap...the pilots do

Last edited:

btrlov

But going to UPS feeders you will pull doubles and be stuck working nights for years. Most couriers dont want to work nights they already complain about only working long hours during the day now try working long hours overnight
very true. I use to run a midnight air sort and remember chasing feeder 'shifters' to get trailers rotated..,most were try to get a quick nap or large cup of coffee.... all the action is in the inbound primary on twi and overnight- hub/feeders run the night. Package division and preload runs the day

Serf

I just found out you can be a part time online grocery shopper for Amazon/ Whole Foods and make 35,000 a year. Wtf.

zeev

I just found out you can be a part time online grocery shopper for Amazon/ Whole Foods and make 35,000 a year. Wtf.
Where do you apply I just retired? Also if you get your Cdl from FedEx the post office has incredible easy positions available.

bacha29

Reading the comments coming from both sides one factor stands out.....box and letter delivery is simply no longer a nice business to be in. Trucking has historically been a hostile and openly corrupt segment of the economy but parcel and overnight letter delivery did for a time give some shelter and the worker bees were valued and treated accordingly. Now even that part of the business is long gone and everyone who currently works in or has worked in that sector has to come to terms with that reality in accordance with their own individual situation.

If you currently are employed in the business you're no doubt seeing near zero wage progression and if retired from it you are now "legacy costs" , considered a burden a drag on earnings and every player in the industry is leaving no stone unturned in an effort to rid themselves the people they now consider to be an undeserved burden and an unjust drag on earnings.

Today employee dedication has zero value. Your employer whomever that is or once was is looking out for themselves.....You be sure to do the same.

!Retired!

$96,600 last year. Once I start drawing a pension in a few years, that will increase. Everyday was Saturday for me. No mortgage, never had a car note. Spend about $200 a month on weed, hate to think how much I spend on golf and replacement clubs. My biggest monthly expense is $350 for cells, internet and Directv. Travel constantly and play with classic cars, but the cars have a positive return at times. Still was able to save a few $ even though that wasn't my plan. Life is good.
How will it increase? Is your pension that high ($8050/mo)?
4th year at express made 53k, but also made another 50k from internet marketing
wife works part time (some weeks works full time hours) at express and made 40k

would love to jump to ups but love my cake route - avg 75 stops in a very tight area
Sounds like my route. UPS routes in my area are about as tight as mine, but with double, sometimes triple, the stops.....offpeak. I live in an area similar, and not far, from my route and sometimes see the UPS driver at 1900-2000. By that time, I've been home, showered, made and ate dinner and helping the kids with their homework (they're in college now, I can't help anymore). I'll take that over the money any day.

Aquaman

14 year express RTD making $27.xx an hour. I understand the pay is bad. I’ve been making between $50K-$60K for years. The one thing I can say about this job is I’m home a lot. It’s why I haven’t left. Very VERY few class A CDL jobs are going to let you work 8 hours and go home. No other class A CDL job in the country is going to pay me to shuttle freight to the hub, sleep in the truck for 3-4 hours on the clock, and drive back… I know this job is a trucking unicorn. Will I ever make UPS money, no. And that’s cool.

falcon back

How will it increase? Is your pension that high ($8050/mo)?
I haven't began drawing my pension yet. Living on my 401k for 5 years while my pension grows by almost 11% a year. When I hit 65 I am going to start my increased pension and lower my 401k withdrawal a SMALL amount. I figure to start drawing SS around 67, depends on what the market does to my 401k.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
14 year express RTD making $27.xx an hour. I understand the pay is bad. I’ve been making between $50K-$60K for years. The one thing I can say about this job is I’m home a lot. It’s why I haven’t left. Very VERY few class A CDL jobs are going to let you work 8 hours and go home. No other class A CDL job in the country is going to pay me to shuttle freight to the hub, sleep in the truck for 3-4 hours on the clock, and drive back… I know this job is a trucking unicorn. Will I ever make UPS money, no. And that’s cool.
Every "We do the same job as UPS and we should be paid similarly" crank should read your post. Working at Express is way easier than UPS.

El Morado Diablo

Every "We do the same job as UPS and we should be paid similarly" crank should read your post. Working at Express is way easier than UPS.

I couldn't agree more. I don't do the same job as UPS. However, I do the same job as everyone else at FedEx.
So why don't we start by getting rid of the market levels and pay everyone the highest market level? That's still a far cry from what UPS pays.

Aquaman

I couldn't agree more. I don't do the same job as UPS. However, I do the same job as everyone else at FedEx.
So why don't we start by getting rid of the market levels and pay everyone the highest market level? That's still a far cry from what UPS pays.
Ya my gripe has never been “pay me UPS money”… it’s always been “pay me topped out FedEx money”. Because believe it or not there are guys that do less than me and make WAY more money.

FalconAss

$96,600 last year. Once I start drawing a pension in a few years, that will increase. Everyday was Saturday for me. No mortgage, never had a car note. Spend about $200 a month on weed, hate to think how much I spend on golf and replacement clubs. My biggest monthly expense is $350 for cells, internet and Directv. Travel constantly and play with classic cars, but the cars have a positive return at times. Still was able to save a few $ even though that wasn't my plan. Life is good.
Life is good for you. Maybe buy some baby wipes and clean me up.