Salary Compare Contrast

yadig

Ya my gripe has never been “pay me UPS money”… it’s always been “pay me topped out FedEx money”. Because believe it or not there are guys that do less than me and make WAY more money.
People wonder how the company can pay low wages! Just read aqua man and Dano’s post! I’m guessing they wear ladies underwear!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I couldn't agree more. I don't do the same job as UPS. However, I do the same job as everyone else at FedEx.
So why don't we start by getting rid of the market levels and pay everyone the highest market level?
Because not everyone deserves it and it's almost impossible to fire the lousy couriers. They aren't going to go out of their way to pay good money to people who deserve it if it means they have to give the chumps that same money.

You're not really held accountable for anything. That's the tradeoff.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Because not everyone deserves it and it's almost impossible to fire the lousy couriers. They aren't going to go out of their way to pay good money to people who deserve it if it means they have to give the chumps that same money.

The wailings of an impotent manager, justifying his failure as a manager, because he knows only one management style.

Aquaman

It’s not a hard job. Managers like to think there are good and lousy couriers… when in reality there are stupid people who will run themselves to death for $20/hr, and not so stupid people that won’t. My work ethic is directly related to my pay. As is most peoples. It’s funny how UPS drivers can do SOOO much more work and work SOOO many more miserable hours…. When they’re paid $40/hr.

yadig

It’s not a hard job. Managers like to think there are good and lousy couriers… when in reality there are stupid people who will run themselves to death for $20/hr, and not so stupid people that won’t. My work ethic is directly related to my pay. As is most peoples. It’s funny how UPS drivers can do SOOO much more work and work SOOO many more miserable hours…. When they’re paid $40/hr.
Here’s someone who gets it!

!Retired!

14 year express RTD making $27.xx an hour. I understand the pay is bad. I’ve been making between $50K-$60K for years. The one thing I can say about this job is I’m home a lot. It’s why I haven’t left. Very VERY few class A CDL jobs are going to let you work 8 hours and go home. No other class A CDL job in the country is going to pay me to shuttle freight to the hub, sleep in the truck for 3-4 hours on the clock, and drive back… I know this job is a trucking unicorn. Will I ever make UPS money, no. And that’s cool.
When I see a UPS driver still delivering at 1900-2000, I'm glad I am where I am......home having dinner with my wife and kids
If your work ethic is related to your pay, that's bad work ethics.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
"I'll work harder for more money, like that $3 surge pay. If they can't give me a little extra, I can't give them a little extra."
They end up getting that $3.
"I'm not going to work any harder because it's just for a couple of months."
It's extended.
"I'm not going to work any harder because I see it as them catching up with what they already owe me."

There are good workers and lousy workers. The good ones are good no matter what and the bad ones are bad no matter what. One group makes excuses and the other doesn't.

Aquaman

"I'll work harder for more money, like that $3 surge pay. If they can't give me a little extra, I can't give them a little extra."
They end up getting that $3.
"I'm not going to work any harder because it's just for a couple of months."
It's extended.
"I'm not going to work any harder because I see it as them catching up with what they already owe me."

There are good workers and lousy workers. The good ones are good no matter what and the bad ones are bad no matter what. One group makes excuses and the other doesn't.
My station never got the $3 bump. All the big stations around us did… tell me what that did for work ethic lol.