Salary Compare Contrast

Aquaman

And if your work ethic is related to your pay, you probably make a lot of excuses.
Everyone’s work ethic is tied to their pay lol. Would you do your job for free? Would you work longer & harder for more money? FedEx isn’t MY company. I don’t reap the rewards of my hard work. If I work myself to death, I’m still getting paid my same wage. I don’t see a return on that investment. And like you said the company holds me accountable for nothing. No reward, no punishment… so ya. Am I supposed to take pride in delivering packages for a company that doesn’t care?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Everyone’s work ethic is tied to their pay lol. Would you do your job for free?
No, I wouldn't do the job at all. I'd find another job.

Would you work longer & harder for more money?
If you offer to double my pay if I can show that I deserve it, perhaps. But outside of an extreme example like that? No.

FedEx isn’t MY company. I don’t reap the rewards of my hard work. If I work myself to death, I’m still getting paid my same wage. I don’t see a return on that investment. And like you said the company holds me accountable for nothing. No reward, no punishment… so ya. Am I supposed to take pride in delivering packages for a company that doesn’t care?
I figured you'd have an excuse. Looks like I was right! It's amazing the twisted logic a person will come up with to justify his shortcomings.

Aquaman

No, I wouldn't do the job at all. I'd find another job.

If you offer to double my pay if I can show that I deserve it, perhaps. But outside of an extreme example like that? No.

I figured you'd have an excuse. Looks like I was right! It's amazing the twisted logic a person will come up with to justify his shortcomings.
Haha how am I trying to justify shortcomings… if working harder gets me nothing extra? If I had the opportunity with express to work harder and get a bonus, or a performance review resulted in a bigger raise, then you’d have a point. I’m not justifying anything when hard work and lazy work results in the same check. We work at a company where doing more, doesn’t get you more. That’s not a justification. It’s a fact.

floridays

What's a package handler? Is that when they put stuff in a truck real early in the morning?
I was hired off the street.
They knew ability when they seen it.
It relates to a dock worker I'd assume.

Teamster pay, same as yours as a lowly driver.
10.52 an hour at Mclean trucking for dock work, compaired to what you did...... package driver @ UPS?

I guess they saw your ability. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't act like you are what you aren't, union capitulation, that is why they started handlers or dock workers less than us 40 years later.

floridays

Decent wage in 2010 for a part time job
Countryclub

When did you start?
What were you paid hourly, day 1?

I understand it, the :censored2:ty wages the part-time kids are being paid makes your future pension possible.

Maybe.

How long have you got to collect it?

floridays

Lots of people in the Nashville area who are complaining about home prices forget to disclose that they're in the same boat as you. You'll hear about how are you supposed to afford a payment on a $500k house on courier pay from a guy who bought at $250k twelve years ago.
Fact is either the company addresses that problem or they continue to have a problem attracting and retaining asses in seats

We (Fedex) do deliver packages, asses in the seats are currently required.

From what I hear, it's a problem.

floridays

UPS doesn't give that kind of money away and never have. Management or hourly, the pressure is on.
I don't know much about FedX, but many times during my 30 year adventure, I would have taken a $10- $15 an hour pay cut just to be left alone and drive a van with some of those heavy letters.
:bsbullf:, you wouldn't be getting the pension check you proudly boast of now.

Your pusillanimous ass may have but your wife and children wouldn't have permitted it.

Go baptize yourself, wash away that last lie.
We both know you wouldn't have taken the paycut.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
No idea what UPS paid but I made 10.52 an hour at McLean trucking in 1979.
Teamsters is screwing the new kids, from at least the 2010's .
Just my opinion and my paystubs against yours.
I worked for fed ex ground in 01 starting at 8.50 with a 25 cent raise every 2 months.