Salary Compare Contrast

Aquaman

A manager in any business who doesn't care about his employees' performance is a loser. No exceptions. Who likes that kind of management? Idiots.

Exhibit A.

Lost my ID.
Forgot to clock in.
Forgot to clock out.
Had a wreck.
I forgot to renew my license.
Why is it a big deal I took a 30 minute personal phone call while on the clock?
It shouldn't matter how long it takes me as long as I get the job done.
I forgot to take my physical.
I lost my truck keys.
I don't know how to code my time card.
My phone died so I can't run my route because I can't use Road Warrior.
I forgot my start time.
I forgot when my day off is.
I forgot to bid some of my vacation but I'm going to take that week off anyway even though it's full.
I delivered to the wrong address.
I indirected a DSR/ASR.
I released a DSR/ASR.
My Econoline is out of service so I took a W700 from a route that has a bunch of bulk stops.

But couriers don't need to be babysat and the operation runs itself.
Maybe try properly training employees before throwing them out there on a FT route lol. The training at this place is so ridiculous. And managers are so short handed they can’t wait to make a new hire hate the job. RTD’s don’t even have a courier style class we’re sent to. They train us how to drive the trucks and once you get the CDL you’re thrown a LEO or powerpad having never used one and told to go do pickups & deliveries. There’s no training on how to actually DO THE JOB. Not even a computer training module in FLC to show you how to use one. How to do your time card. How to do a pickup or delivery. Nothing. No checkpoint quiz to see if you retained any knowledge. You’re expected to ask around and learn as you go. All this could be eliminated if a requirement to be an RTD was that you first had to be a courier. But nope. They promote handlers & hire off the street with no formal training on how to do the job lol. Give me a hotline to call in sick to, and a user friendly functioning Workday system and managers don’t need to be there.

Aquaman

Best manager I ever had never bothered anyone unless there was an issue. Never seen a station run better since.

Current managers are on employees for the smallest things. There are constant shouting matches on the belt and morale is the worst I've ever seen.

The manager who just left people alone and stood up for employees to senior management could leave for a week and the station would run just as well. Current managers leave for a week and the station runs better than if they were there.

It's all the hourlies fault, though.
I think you’re seeing managers panic a bit about their job security. The company is falling apart at the seams right now. And the first people that are getting talked to are ops managers. The company stopped caring about service during this pandemic because we couldn’t make it. And the employees followed suit. Gonna be hard to reignite that “gotta make service” culture when the drivers could not possibly care less. And as Dano has said, drivers are not held accountable for anything at FedEx…. But managers are. Drivers can run their routes however they want having as many lates as they want and they know it.

McFeely

Huge Member
Maybe try properly training employees before throwing them out there on a FT route lol.

I had lunch with a new guy one day this week and we were talking about how many stops we had left; each of us had about 30. After our break was over he showed me his stops on the Leo map and then I realized that about 20 of his stops were all business P1s and he hadn’t even been trained on P1/P2/service.

Then again, it’s not like we’re even retaining any semblance of service anymore so whatevs lol

Aquaman

I had lunch with a new guy one day this week and we were talking about how many stops we had left; each of us had about 30. After our break was over he showed me his stops on the Leo map and then I realized that about 20 of his stops were all business P1s and he hadn’t even been trained on P1/P2/service.

Then again, it’s not like we’re even retaining any semblance of service anymore so whatevs lol
Exactly. The driver will probably be talked to by the manager resulting in nothing. The manager will eventually be talked to by his manager resulting in something. You’ve got to have CTE to want to be a manager at this company. Get to make top driver pay working WAY more hours. And get to take the fall for the way this place does business.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You DO realize that many of those issues you listed go back to poor training by management, right?
Yes, it's the manager's fault that you didn't clock in or out.
And it's the manager's fault you talked on your phone for a half hour.
And it's the manager's fault that you backed into a fixed object.
And it's the manager's fault you had a misdelivery.
And it's the manager's fault you lost your ID.
And it's the manager's fault you released an ASR.
And it's the manager's fault you lost your truck keys or locked them in the cargo area.

And so on and so forth.

That, and the caliber of the new hires.

Right, because none of the mistakes couriers make (that are always the manager's fault because couriers never make mistakes) happened until just recently because this week's circle jark talking point says so.

59 Dano

Best manager I ever had never bothered anyone unless there was an issue. Never seen a station run better since.

Current managers are on employees for the smallest things. There are constant shouting matches on the belt and morale is the worst I've ever seen.

The manager who just left people alone and stood up for employees to senior management could leave for a week and the station would run just as well. Current managers leave for a week and the station runs better than if they were there.

It's all the hourlies fault, though.
Oh, of course!

And just last night, Twitter was alight with Cam Newton fans saying that the Patriots wouldn't have been beaten into oblivion by the Bills if they'd kept Cam Newton over Mack Jones. Partially true, as the Pats wouldn't have even made the playoffs, so I guess there's that.

But you gotta love that cheap seat insanity.

59 Dano

You’ve got to have CTE to want to be a manager at this company. Get to make top driver pay working WAY more hours. And get to take the fall for the way this place does business.
Believe it or not, some people have greater aspirations than you!

It's like the playoffs in the NFL. EVERYONE wants to make the playoffs, but just about everyone gets paid less for a playoff game than a regular season game. My GoOdNeSs ThEy ArE sTuPiD fOr TrYiNg To GeT MoRe GaMeS tHaT pAy LeSs!!!!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And it's the manager's fault you lost your truck keys or locked them in the cargo area.

And so on and so forth.

Right, because none of the mistakes couriers make (that are always the manager's fault because couriers never make mistakes) happened until just recently because this week's circle jark talking point says so.
Where’s your broad shoulders that you bragged about having, that accepts responsibility for your workgroup? All I hear is whining about how impotent you are to manage your employees.

Aquaman

Believe it or not, some people have greater aspirations than you!

It's like the playoffs in the NFL. EVERYONE wants to make the playoffs, but just about everyone gets paid less for a playoff game than a regular season game. My GoOdNeSs ThEy ArE sTuPiD fOr TrYiNg To GeT MoRe GaMeS tHaT pAy LeSs!!!!
What an aspiration. Make $65K, working 55 hours a week. Have to take phone calls all hours of the day & night. Have to constantly check your email at work & home. Sit through conference calls about nothing. I mean really, it’s such a prestigious job. Who doesn’t want to stare at gap reports & stops per hour and whine about it to the drivers that give you the finger the second you turn around. I’ve always wanted to hunt down fuel receipts too. What a dream. If you apply yourself and work your hardest, you too can wear business casual and order pizza…. Or…. You could make $60K, work 40 hours, ignore every FedEx phone call, be by yourself all day, and never think about gap reports or stops per hour. I’ll take the latter. You literally have to have an authority complex to even remotely think management is the path at Express. It’s pretty clear nobody is taking the job because they have good ideas.

Thesearecrazytimes

Spill the beans what is it Amway ,Herbalife
Some sort of magical oil
Ok, you got me. Its selling timeshares in the Florida Panhandle. But seriously, I am going into a specialized skilled service job that allows me to pick how many jobs I want to do in a day. Or even how many days a week I want to work. I will be paid by the job. The more I do, the more I make. The less I do, the more free time I have. I am very close to the people in the company and they have wanted me to come over for some time but my plan was to work at Fedex for a couple of more years and then re-evaluate my options. But the bad at Fedex has outweighed the good so it is time to move on. I am really, really, blessed to have this opportunity and am really looking forward to my new life away from what Fedex has become.

dezguy

Oh, of course!

And just last night, Twitter was alight with Cam Newton fans saying that the Patriots wouldn't have been beaten into oblivion by the Bills if they'd kept Cam Newton over Mack Jones. Partially true, as the Pats wouldn't have even made the playoffs, so I guess there's that.

But you gotta love that cheap seat insanity.
What does that have to do with your assertion that hours are largely to blame for the spot the company is currently in? lol

59 Dano

What an aspiration. Make $65K, working 55 hours a week. Have to take phone calls all hours of the day & night. Have to constantly check your email at work & home. Sit through conference calls about nothing. I mean really, it’s such a prestigious job. Who doesn’t want to stare at gap reports & stops per hour and whine about it to the drivers that give you the finger the second you turn around. I’ve always wanted to hunt down fuel receipts too. What a dream. If you apply yourself and work your hardest, you too can wear business casual and order pizza…. Or…. You could make $60K, work 40 hours, ignore every FedEx phone call, be by yourself all day, and never think about gap reports or stops per hour. I’ll take the latter. You literally have to have an authority complex to even remotely think management is the path at Express. It’s pretty clear nobody is taking the job because they have good ideas.
I wouldn't expect someone whose professional aspiration is to do an entry level job that nearly anyone off the street can do to understand that some people are looking for something a bit more intellectually challenging. But hey, some people are content to do as little as possible.

59 Dano

What does that have to do with your assertion that hours are largely to blame for the spot the company is currently in? lol
I said nothing about blaming hours for anything, though there was a point about idiots using silly logic to come to dumb conclusions.

Thesearecrazytimes

I wouldn't expect someone whose professional aspiration is to do an entry level job that nearly anyone off the street can do to understand that some people are looking for something a bit more intellectually challenging. But hey, some people are content to do as little as possible.
Come on Dano. I judge people based on their character, not the career they have chosen. I find that many of your responses are condescending. I hope you listen to what I have said, even though I am just a courier. Speaking of, I have no problems finding issues that are intellectually challenging, however you have not presented any thus far.

Aquaman

And at a company like this, those people are called smart. If this was a construction company, or a manufacturing plant, or an oil rig… ya you’d have a point. Those people would be lazy idiots. But not at a company like this lol.

!Retired!

My station never got the $3 bump. All the big stations around us did… tell me what that did for work ethic lol.
My station didn't either, even though another station nearby did
My work ethics didn't allow me to change how I did my job though
Everyone’s work ethic is tied to their pay lol. Would you do your job for free? Would you work longer & harder for more money? FedEx isn’t MY company. I don’t reap the rewards of my hard work. If I work myself to death, I’m still getting paid my same wage. I don’t see a return on that investment. And like you said the company holds me accountable for nothing. No reward, no punishment… so ya. Am I supposed to take pride in delivering packages for a company that doesn’t care?
I wouldn't take the job if I wasn't getting paid, so that's a dumb question
No, I wouldn't work longer and harder for more money
That's the difference between work ethic and morale. Look up the definitions and get back to me

Last edited:

Thesearecrazytimes

I think you’re seeing managers panic a bit about their job security. The company is falling apart at the seams right now. And the first people that are getting talked to are ops managers. The company stopped caring about service during this pandemic because we couldn’t make it. And the employees followed suit. Gonna be hard to reignite that “gotta make service” culture when the drivers could not possibly care less. And as Dano has said, drivers are not held accountable for anything at FedEx…. But managers are. Drivers can run their routes however they want having as many lates as they want and they know it.
So much damage has been done that I don't think that the culture can ever be changed to focus on service anything like it used to be. We still have RESPONSE packages that are left in the building every day and not attempted. Most of them. And we have couriers that regularly bring packages back unattempted because it is dark, or they are poorly trained or just lazy. And I see nothing being done to improve things. And the good, seasoned, couriers are leaving in record numbers. Yes, I am one of them.

vantexan

And so on and so forth.

Now you're getting it! That's the spirit!