Sales lead question

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I won't get into my story about sales leads but it is in line with what you have explained Tooner. Since I refuse to turn in anymore sales leads, my on-car supervisor puts one in my board every so often just so he can obtain his quota. Last month he just picked a NDA off my shelf and turned in the address on my DIAD before we left the building for my yearly safety ride. Now how screwed up is that?

wasBrownnowPurple

And the future demise of all volume development personnel (account execs, sales reps...whatever you want to call them).

I'm not knocking you personally. I just see the handwriting on the wall. If they have drivers out there selling, why should they be paying someone a wage and benefits who's only job is to grow the volume? It's a lot cheaper to give a driver a few hundred bucks than to provide a livelihood for a dedicated sales rep.

another perfect example of drivers somehow thinking they close the business for turning in a lead!
Do you really think the jamoke on the dock signs agreements for accounts?
Just keep driving that package car genius!

worldwide

Danny,

Yes, UPS does take certain Biological Substances. It is the responsibility of the shipper to properly classify the shipment.

Also check out this site to see some of the specialized services UPS offers the healthcare industry.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
another perfect example of drivers somehow thinking they close the business for turning in a lead!
WEll welcome to Brown Cafe Wasbrownnowpurple. We hope you enjoy your stay.

P.S. (Although the most successful and well liked amongst us dont normally start by making accquaintance, with slams such as "genius", for posting their opinion.)

wasBrownnowPurple

maybe that was a bit harsh.
as a former ups bd employee it represents a pain
point for me. not sure why there is always some sort of sales/ops rift. ups is so sure that everything develops from the operations. without sales team there would be a lot less customers shipping, and without good ops, the sales people have nothing to sell! so both roles are important, but pkg car drivers should not be so sure they are the reason customers use your company.:peaceful:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And as a driver I know we are not, the most important, but the sales guys, are slammed just like the preload, the reload, the clerks. More in less time. Its profitable to a point.
Like I said, welcome, and enjoy this site, as we do.
PS. It can be addicting:surprised:

Griff

Wonder how many new accounts Fred held you over the coals for when he had to cut the check for $319 million to the IRS. Brown to purple, I'll probably be buying my next vacation package off you at the rate you're going. See how easy it is to be an arrogant nitwit and cast aspersions on people? I'll never turn in a sales lead, ever. Has nothing to do with not wanting to do someone else's job or anything like that, it's simple math and it doesn't work out in the drivers favor. I know too many people who have gotten robbed by UPS through the sales lead program when it comes to big accounts. It's tantamount to the bonus system, the dice are loaded, thanks but no thanks.

Last edited: