Same Drivers Going Home

Faceplanted

Just think if you guys who take all these dead days worked every day. An extra 20k a year for 10 years invested into real estate that has been steady at 5-10% yearly return, or the s&p 500 which is just about the same would have you retiring much earlier. Compounding interest works magic.

Even if you simply saved that 200k, in 10 years you could buy a house cash, and every month have 13-1500 of free income.

But I guess lots of guys wanna keep working in their late 60s.

WorknLateHuh

But I guess lots of guys wanna keep working in their late 60s.

I would rather take lots of mini vacations and enjoy life now when im young and very active as opposed to hoarding money for when i retire at 55 with a body thats breaking down and wiped out.

i take lots of dead days... i dont have a fancy car, i dont want a fancy house, and i dont desire expensive things. i live a conservative lifestyle. i dont care about having boatloads of money when i retire. My time is more important to me

Faceplanted

I would rather take lots of mini vacations and enjoy life now when im young and very active as opposed to hoarding money for when i retire at 55 with a body thats breaking down and wiped out.

i take lots of dead days... i dont have a fancy car, i dont want a fancy house, and i dont desire expensive things. i live a conservative lifestyle. i dont care about having boatloads of money when i retire. My time is more important to me
Understandable

Imho for people in that mind set there are lots of places better to work than ups.

Also idk what your talking about mini vacations, in my center dead days are usually only given the day of. We can't pick and choose dead days in advanced. Only the "safety snitches" get to do that and that is rare.

Believe it or not, if your smart and can figure out health care, it's easy to retire from here in your early 40s if you start driving in your early 20s.

Last edited: