Saturday after Thanksgiving

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I’m at 21 now...25 in June...top rate June 2019...gonna go from miller lite to the good stuff
You’ll be able to actually afford to live here in Cali. I feel your pain brother. I only just hit top rate early October. Magically, all the hard work up to that point suddenly seems all worthwhile

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Us top-rate guys technically made $83.00/hr working today. While I can understand some drivers being upset having to work Black Friday, it’s the easiest money we’ll make all year. Plus little to no traffic on the roads. I’ll work Black Friday every year. Forced Saturday after Thanksgiving tho? Yeeeah, :censored2: off
I made about $1400 by punching in and working 11hrs yesterday. Also got my pension credit for the week. Now time to go back into FMLA mode for a week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I made about $1400 by punching in and working 11hrs yesterday. Also got my pension credit for the week. Now time to go back into FMLA mode for a week.
What abuse? My wife just had a five level spinal fusion done on her neck. She cannot be on her own for more than 4 hours at a time. My family is much more important to me than UPS's lack of staffing for peak.

I’m confused—-if she can’t be on her own for more than 4 hours at a time, how were you able to work 11 hours yesterday?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I’m confused—-if she can’t be on her own for more than 4 hours at a time, how were you able to work 11 hours yesterday?
My son is home from school and my daughter is in town from Denver for the Thanksgiving weekend. Had family to help care for her. Back to just the two of us next week.
Have offered my PDS to work as a helper in my neighborhood until she can be on her own.

That UPS is a unicorn. Never existed. We've always hired seasonals and rented extra trucks and installed MDU's during peak. And even then occasionally ran weekends during peak when needed.
One impact of e-commerce is that the spike during peak, the difference between peak season volume and volume levels the rest of the year is larger than it's ever been.
Many buildings use MDUs year round.