Saturday after Thanksgiving

ManInBrown

Working the Friday after Thanksgiving or Saturdays does NOTHING to make your day more manageable on Monday. One of two things will happen

On Monday you will be dispatched work that is not yours...or

On Monday when you are done you will be DIRECTED to help another driver.

Lmao. No thanks. I Didn’t work Friday and I won’t be working one Saturday during peak. They’ll get a big fat NO every time they ask me. I don’t care if it’s peak. Don’t mean sheet to me. It’s peak all year now as far as I’m concerned.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Yeah sorry guy, that may be the way things work at some rural outpost in the midwest but it's just not the case here in New Jersey.

It's been tried before. It's made a negligible difference.

you don't know what you're talking about, it's the rural buildings where it doesn't matter

the urban/suburban buildings cannot handle that much volume on one day, it has to be split out

True story. So I decided to work today literally only to test @TearsInRain's theory.

I'm delivering packages that were already rolled on Black Friday, and you had best believe close to 100 will be rolled today as its 3PM and this is whats still on car.

Peak has already failed before it has started in my building.

Attachments

• 15116401983301667856014.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 182

35years

Gravy route
They have been rolling pks from Saturday/Monday to Tues for a month here.

There are just not enough drivers to staff both Saturday and Monday. So they hold the rural areas till Tuesday.

So city folks get ground that used to be delivered Monday on Saturday (Sat ground)

And rural folks get ground that used to be delivered Monday on Tuesday!

Tuesday has become a freeking joke. Load can't come close to wrapping and they shuttle not just air but ground to us several times a day.

Can't wait to see what peak volume and a major snowfall will do to our operation!

They were begging for M-friend drivers to come in Saturday...No chance. No mater how many stops I do on Saturday, I would be dispatched with the same exact amount of stops on Monday. If the volume was not there Monday, they would cut out routes and still dispatch the rest heavy.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They have been rolling pks from Saturday/Monday to Tues for a month here.

There are just not enough drivers to staff both Saturday and Monday. So they hold the rural areas till Tuesday.

So city folks get ground that used to be delivered Monday on Saturday (Sat ground)

And rural folks get ground that used to be delivered Monday on Tuesday!

Tuesday has become a freeking joke. Load can't come close to wrapping and they shuttle not just air but ground to us several times a day.

Can't wait to see what peak volume and a major snowfall will do to our operation!

They were begging for M-friend drivers to come in Saturday...No chance. No mater how many stops I do on Saturday, I would be dispatched with the same exact amount of stops on Monday. If the volume was not there Monday, they would cut out routes and still dispatch the rest heavy.
Exactly!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True story. So I decided to work today literally only to test @TearsInRain's theory.

I'm delivering packages that were already rolled on Black Friday, and you had best believe close to 100 will be rolled today as its 3PM and this is whats still on car.

...yet you found the time to not only tell us about it you also took a picture to show us...

watdaflock?

My truck is gonna be blown out every day from now til mid January...but sure take away another day from me and my family!

Your family appreciates you being gone. They don't like you.

why-you-always-crying-com-17621155.png

Dragon

Package Center Manager

I am not seeing a problem with the truck...how many miles left to get them all delivered?