Saturday after Thanksgiving

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Our PDS told a few of us that Corporate has not decided if we will be working any Saturdays at all.

What have you heard, if anything?

corporate has issued ZERO guidance this peak

everything is, for better or worse, at the cleverness of your district planning team

you'll be working every saturday, up to DOT this first one, maybe the rest the same if you're in a screwed center

Don't forget to bring your browns...I'll be calling off.

i've already been in browns twice and it's not even thanksgiving yet, and basically every department is being stripped clean for ready teams

not good signs this early on

4evapreloader

i've already been in browns twice and it's not even thanksgiving yet, and basically every department is being stripped clean for ready teams

not good signs this early on[/QUOTE]

LOL The one car wonders on preload return! Always a good show.

brownIEman

Who's pain? Last time I checked management stills clocks out at 3 and heads home. I'd rather get boned one day (Monday) instead of being boned three days (Friday, Saturday, Monday)

Mostly, it is designed to alleviate the customer's pain. As in the past in 2013 when the week after Thanksgiving was as heavy as peak week in many places and packages rolled all week.
Also your statement is functionally false. No ft management clocks out at 3. Or any other time. There is no clock.

brownIEman

Actually i can't say it has. Now we are picking up tons of packages on Friday that wouldn't have been picked up til Monday

Exactly! And on Cyber Monday we pickup tons more. This is what swamped our Network in 2013 sooner than expected and would up rolling packages all that week. Ad in some bad weather and some places never fully recovered. Which is why 2014 started the full day work day on Black Friday - get that volume moving one day earlier rather than slamming it all in on Monday.

Mostly, it is designed to alleviate the customer's pain. As in the past in 2013 when the week after Thanksgiving was as heavy as peak week in many places and packages rolled all week.
Also your statement is functionally false. No ft management clocks out at 3. Or any other time. There is no clock.
They should be required to pay her a clock, especially with many of them in the road during peak.

OrionsBitch

Not...
"Functionally false".....you sound like a whiny little ass kisser. Let me correct myself. Management chooses to ignore their job guidelines and they leave to choose their job around 3 every day even when they are supposed to stay until the last driver is in. Better?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
"Functionally false".....you sound like a whiny little ass kisser. Let me correct myself. Management chooses to ignore their job guidelines and they leave to choose their job around 3 every day even when they are supposed to stay until the last driver is in. Better?
drivers say management go home too early, ops sups say IE goes home too early, then IE says drivers go home too early and raise their SPC

it's the circle of life