Saturday after Thanksgiving

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The 400-500 pkgs that will be on my car Friday will for the most part not be there on Monday.

Walmart receiving is open. 99.99% of all retail will be open. All of my residentials will be open. My primary closing will be the college.

Yes, Monday will suck, but it won’t suck nearly as bad if we didn’t work BF.

Your route in your center.

Not every location is the same.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Forced Saturday’s around here , no seniority is being followed and don’t you dare ask for 8 hrs..the battle has begun! Stay strong union brothers , they will not defeat us!......I overheard a fulltime driver saying he couldnt come in on Saturday. A few minutes later the driver vanished and I heard this whipping belt -like sound behind a closed door.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Forced Saturday’s around here , no seniority is being followed and don’t you dare ask for 8 hrs..the battle has begun! Stay strong union brothers , they will not defeat us!......I overheard a fulltime driver saying he couldnt come in on Saturday. A few minutes later the driver vanished and I heard this whipping belt -like sound behind a closed door.

Every time they force me in on a Saturday I demand 8. They don't like it. They especially don't like it when that 8 turns into them having me come back with stops because all I had was 9 hours left.

Rent more uhauls and bring in more seasonals. I'm not working faster because it's December. I work hard all year.

542thruNthru

That’s what guys are doing here, they aren’t liking it. They are sick of the bottom 20 reg temps being able to stay home “ cause they don’t know that area”

Never happens here. Bottom guys get sick of being dumped on and start calling in sick or demanding 8 and going slow.

Last year we all got the raw raw speech 3 days in a row. The whole thing about we are a team and in this together and need to go out and win one for UPS. Well it worked for half the center. Till txt msgs of screen shots from ORS Facebook's showing them at kids Xmas plays and football games at 5pm were spread through the center.

Yeah the speech didn't work this time. Don't get me wrong I still do my best but not going any extra mile for UPS because it's December.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not working Friday or Saturday. I've been begged and pleaded with so much by management that its straight annoying at this point.

They tried the "This is our Superbowl!" angle (means nothing to me - I dont watch football), then the "you mean you really don't want to work the double time holiday?" nonsense (as if after 18 years I didn't know the rate on that day), and finally the "it'll make Monday easier" (which anyone with one or more brain cells knows is false).

No is no in any language. Cya on the 27th.

BlackCat

"Functionally false".....you sound like a whiny little ass kisser. Let me correct myself. Management chooses to ignore their job guidelines and they leave to choose their job around 3 every day even when they are supposed to stay until the last driver is in. Better?

LOL.. I have seen many a sup get called back to work because a driver had an accident.