Saturday after Thanksgiving

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
and finally the "it'll make Monday easier" (which anyone with one or more brain cells knows is false).
completely wrong, most buildings have monday's planned around a 9 hour day right now, to get the pickups in and protect the network

if you didn't run so much work on sat, you'd be working up to a 14 hour DOT, the network would stall, and the rest of peak would be a giant catch-up

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
completely wrong, most buildings have monday's planned around a 9 hour day right now, to get the pickups in and protect the network

if you didn't run so much work on sat, you'd be working up to a 14 hour DOT, the network would stall, and the rest of peak would be a giant catch-up

Yeah sorry guy, that may be the way things work at some rural outpost in the midwest but it's just not the case here in New Jersey.

It's been tried before. It's made a negligible difference.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yeah sorry guy, that may be the way things work at some rural outpost in the midwest but it's just not the case here in New Jersey.

you don't know what you're talking about, it's the rural buildings where it doesn't matter

the urban/suburban buildings cannot handle that much volume on one day, it has to be split out

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I say the same thing. The same people are getting packages Friday or Saturday as Monday. If I bring one each day or three to the same address on Monday, WGAF? Rather have my contractual holiday.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I say the same thing. The same people are getting packages Friday or Saturday as Monday. If I bring one each day or three to the same address on Monday, WGAF? Rather have my contractual holiday.
it's not about the stops, it's about the preloads ability to process the work

if the preload goes past their peak capacity, it rolls, that's all there is to it

inside ops is pure math you can't just "get it done" when you're 25-30k over your processing capacity and 20-30 vehicles over your load capacity.......

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was referring to the dispatches.

We worked BF and every Saturday thereafter last year. This helped to spread the work out more evenly without excessive dispatches. Yes, it was busy, but not nearly as busy as it could have been.

Before last peak, I had five days of 400 or more stops, in the past 12 years. Last peak alone, I had five days with 400 or more, and 350 up quite a bit. With us working Saturdays and Black Friday, We are doing more every year.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Too late