Saturday air driver?

Mvp89

Hi there,

I am preloader at our center, and there's a bid for Saturday air driver. I was wondering what this is like from anyone who has done it? Is it just air packages loaded on truck or does management try to add ground on there too? What does it pay? Is it the right route to go to do driving or is it a waste of time? Does it mean your full time then if you get it" health insurance reason"? Any other pros or cons?

Thanks for reading look forward to hearing some information

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
IMG_0640.JPG

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hi there,

I am preloader at our center, and there's a bid for Saturday air driver. I was wondering what this is like from anyone who has done it? Is it just air packages loaded on truck or does management try to add ground on there too? What does it pay? Is it the right route to go to do driving or is it a waste of time? Does it mean your full time then if you get it" health insurance reason"? Any other pros or cons?

You deliver Saturday next day air packages. Your pay rate is in the contract. Go to teamsters.org to find it and read it. If they have you deliver ground then you get payed top rate for driver for the day

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Hi there,

Saturday air driving isn't worth shaving your beard for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Saturday Air is a great way to become comfortable with the DIAD and to gain area knowledge. Based on your location, you may or may not have your stops loaded in to your DIAD in sequential order----if they are not, you will have to go "old school" and force them in at each stop.

You will not deliver any ground packages.

With the introduction of Saturday Ground, your "career" as a Saturday Air driver may be short-lived, as they will have the FT drivers deliver their own air, when possible.

Mvp89

Thank everyone for the answers so far.

Do I still have to work the preload, or can I just do Saturday air? Would I be eligible for benefits if awarded the bid? I started April 11 2017. Also does it count towards progression?

Thank everyone for the answers so far.

Do I still have to work the preload, or can I just do Saturday air? Would I be eligible for benefits if awarded the bid? I started April 11 2017. Also does it count towards progression?
You don't get benefits till after you worked here a year. It will count towards you air progression rate but not ground.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi there,

Chicks dig the uniform, so you will get plenty of action. Let them think you are full time as these gold diggers will think you bring home plenty of cash!

Enjoy!

Box Ox

Thanks guys I won the bid, is there any good navigate apps you guys use to speed up your routes?

Check out Road Warrior Route Planner. It’s not practical for a full day FT route. But it is great for Saturday or AM/PM air driving when you’ve got a limited number of stops. Integrates well with navigation apps.