Saturday Air...

belyl4

Our center is getting desperate for saturday air drivers. No one on my shift is eligible to do it b/c of age or tickets. have they ever or would they ever let someone under 21 deliver saturday air?

S

speeddemon

Our center has big problems with finding air drivers. The problem is, they never use them. They load it all on us causing us to have to break trace EVERYDAY. That makes your SPORH go down, miles go up, and PPHD down. You cant expect to ask a guy to drive air once a month when he has another job after the preload. UPS wants thier cake and eat it too. Forget it. Either use you air drivers everyday, or cause yourself headache. plain n simple.

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
Air drivers eh?
We have saturday Air drivers and thats it.
Everyone else is responsible for their Air..
kinda sucks... but oh well

rushfan

in my center, part-timers don't want to do it. So we get asked as regular drivers to do it. I earned my vacation spending money working a few saturdays-overtime

pasfailure

Speed, Air driving during the week is full-time work. I know it's a pain some days but in theory the more air stops in the A.M. the less stops later. In some places the bosses are trying to run more air with part-timers and the Union is fighting it. Less stops for full-timers means less full-timers.

over9five

Staff member
Here too they couldn't man Saturdays for several years. I worked many. Eaaaaaaaasy OT! But now they have the Saturday drivers....:sad:

Hangingon

I worked alot of Saturdays last year, then they had a new directive come down, no FTers are to drive Saturdays air ever. There went the easy money. We have weekday PT air drivers, and evening PT air drivers who handle OCA's, and the union has never said a word about it. Is it in your supplement about them not being allowed to run EAMs and then run regular NDA's?

H

hunt valley

im fulltime an start at 615 am this sat. they can say no fulltimers .when alls said an done they need us

upsset

We are seeing a new tactic lately. They are scheduling new full time drivers to work Tuesday thru Saturday( not o/t) is anyone else seeing this pratice?

formerbrown

They tried running full time drivers Tuesday through Saturday. Not very efficient. Had to make sure the driver had 8 hours on Saturday. Saturday SPORH always are low. Paid the driver over twice what an air driver's paid - lucky if he hit 5 stops an hour for the day. Upstairs backed off pretty quick.

We tried to teach full time driver methods to the part time air drivers. Helped those drivers get into full time by having solid experience behind them. The centers actually fought over them. Now I hear they want to map out the routes for the Saturday drivers before they leave. Never will learn how to get from point A to point B on thier own. Pennywise and dollar foolish!!