Saturday Ground Update

Brisket

Anyone know of guys quitting yet who were forced into a Tues-Thurs schedule? I'm only 2nd year into progression making 19.50 an hour and will be looking to quit if forced.

This sucks not only for family reasons but what about when holidays fall on Mon or are always on Monday like labor day? In a Mon thru Frid schedule you get an extra day off. I guess the Tues thru Sat people are just screwed with a normal 2 days off. friend that.

Yes it sucks and you really have to decide if that's what you really want, and you can never get the family time back just really think about it if that's what you really want to do, because there's no coming back from it if you go through with it.

But you can get things taken care of ( medical appointments, etc that would be harder to do during the week), just putting it out there.

Good luck whatever you decide.

JL 0513

If it's any consolation, Mondays have been easy days here since it was implemented.

Got me thinking though after a day like today "Holiday", that Monday's must be extended pretty wide in these 6 day schedules. Basically each route becoming a route and a half in area coverage even if the stop count is normal. Am I right?

Oak

Got me thinking though after a day like today "Holiday", that Monday's must be extended pretty wide in these 6 day schedules. Basically each route becoming a route and a half in area coverage even if the stop count is normal. Am I right?
You threw me when you mentioned the word 'normal.' Normal and UPS do not belong together.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes. The one I did today was basically two routes in one. But about 30 less stops than normal. Airs are tough, but after they are done it was a chill out day.

ManInBrown

What's fun is when so many routes are cut that you get the p/u schedule from 2 routes and the p/u times all overlap. Yay.
I'll happily deal with all that crap to not have to work Saturday. I don't care how bad Mondays are. I get paid by the hour. Can only stay out so late